How to connect DM520 - DM525 - DM525 mini to PC via Ethernet

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,036 times. The last Post () by seagen.

• Hi.

I try flash new image to my DM520 HD. But I stack in rescue mode with "waiting for DHCP" and never show any IP Adders.

I can't connect via router (is too far) so I decide to use laptop with Windows11

Thanks for any help.

• Official Post

Here's is easy method to Flash any Image on Dreambox (DM520, DM900 and DM920 etc), without Internet Connection. I explain here for your DM520

Start on your computer with step 1 - 3 below

1. Format USB memory stick with Fat-32 and set the label to DREAMFLASH

2. Copy image to USB Drive

3. Rename image " dreambox-image-dm520.tar.xz "

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From here continue with your reciver (dm520hd)

4 Insert USB to receiver

power on your receiver and touch and hold front touch panel within 500 ms to bring receiver into Rescue Mode

Note: If receiver is on red light then first power off your receiver from rocker switch.

Then power on your receiver and touch and hold front touch panel within 500 ms to bring receiver into Rescue Mode

There is no Dosplay on your box so I assume there will be some lights indicating that flashing is in progress.

But when it's done the box should reboot automatic. Be patient it can take up to 5 min

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Unfortunately, this does not work.

I renamed the [PurE2] file from "dm520-PurE2-6.5-20220404.rootfs.tar.xz" to "dreambox-image-dm520.tar.xz".

I started Rescue mode - and just "waiting for DHCP"

About 15 min. nothing happen. I switch off and on and still is old image.

I tried to connect the cable directly with the laptop, but I can't get a connection.

Although once a few months I managed, but unfortunately I can't remember what I did then.

• Official Post

My suggestion do not work with none DreamOS images for obviouse reasons

This is to prevent you from flashing an in compatible image.

It only works with DreamOS based images and not OE-A based images.

Follow the suggestion from master G and all will work just fine :smiling face with halo:

• I will try to use the old router and set it up with DM520 HD :)

The whole problem is that I don't know how to force the DM520 to get the address from the computer after a hard connection.

I managed once, but can't remember what I did.

Anyway, I see that the problem is not in the DM520HD itself but in setting the computer to give the address via DHCP to the DM520.

OK, I use old router,

connect DM520 and PC with RJ45

DM520 find address instantly.

So, how to setting up PC without router to get same effect?

Edited once, last by master G: Merged a post created by goralpm into this post. ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!