No news about new VU+'s?

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,791 times. The last Post () by mel33.

• I have had a VU+ Ultra 4 K since it came on the market. I like to test new products, and would love to get a new top of the line VU+. Anybody knowing if they will launch new products, or any other brand with a product like the VU+ 4K?

• Official Post

Ever since the end of Cardsharing for the most popular countries, it's gone very quiet with all manufacturers. Nothing groundbreaking or new at all.

That and the choice of cheap STB's now available, if you go back far enough STB's were 1000's of pounds, along came dreambox and VU and there various clones....

Now we have many legit manufactures producing STB's for peanuts...... Hard to compete when the market place has been made so small for high end STB's.

For me the best STB ever made is still the VU ultimo 4k..... but you wont find a new one anywhere.

• I would be happy to pay for a decent box that did IPTV, Terrestrial, and Sat.

The cheap boxes are ok but I always found the Vu range looked and felt better, seemed to be a better build. Plus I would love a box that had a decent remote instead of all this infra-red cheap plastic. Something Bluetooth enabled,.

• The Charapel Monterrey was the daddy, I remember always reading about it in What Satellite Magazine. I really miss that mag.

< VU+ Ultimo 4K - OpenBH v5.3 - Primesat PR1200 V-Box - CM 1.2M Dish - Jaeger SMR 1224 Motor - Inverto Twin C120 LNB - Raven Feedhorn >

Edited once, last by BanjoXo71 ().

• Been thinking about getting the latest, best receiver for some time. My osmio4k performs brilliantly.
    I started a thread over on satuniverse last night. What is the best receiver today? I'm thinking "inside the box".
    In other words a nice flashy oled front display is cool. Pluggable tuners would better. Remotes? It's a plastic world out there.

More and more I hear that Broadcom is getting out of the FTA, consumer sat receiver chipset market.
    And a receiver with a HiSilicon chipset is more robust, feature rich, and clearly more modern than the dated chips used in even the newer boxes.

The thread started is about multistream reception. Tons of current receivers tout being capable.
    And more and more blindscns are turning up more multistream results.
    It came back in my face as many queries of channel reception assistance has.
    "Send a 10 minute .ts file and we'll look at it." I oblige. And it comes back rather fast that the stream doesn't contain what they look for. And.
    "You need to record the stream with a DVB card."

Does that mean that no Enigma2 receiver can produce a picture and audio from a received multistream transponder without first having the transport stream analyed with a DVB card in a computer? Or were the chipsets in the receiver(s) just too dated to handle multistream?
    Confusing? Damned right.

Further. Money in hand and a kind member here offering to purchase from the sponsor here the "best of the best" VU+ receiver with a fancy front panel display with an option to return it to him if it didn't work out on this side of the pond.
    This side of the pond being important. The Osmio4k & 4k+ receivers work well because factory support has helped develop the TNAP image tailored for over here. If things on satellite....over here....are so much more advanced (??) and the rest of the world will adapt. Things like being able to accurately scan and receive 4 MHz spaced tp's. ACM/VCM capabilities. Things I know little about. But am interested in learning about.

So what happens in the pre-buy support questions posted on the VU+ forum and I believe the sponsors site?
    Does it blindscan well? What chipset does this or that tuner I need to select have in it?. Very important and pertinent questions to ask before the return policy runs out while you're trying to learn the full functionality of the package you just spent a pile on. Agree?
    Well. Nobody would answer clearly. Some screamed back at me. It really turned me off. Screw VU+. And that was a few years ago before the Covid crisis.

The best receiver to me today is a pc that I build myself out of components I know what they are.
    Finding the best, feature rich, not leaving me for wanting DVB card appears to be one of the TBS cards.
    Again. Which one? It's simple. 1 or 2 LNB ports and does everything that modern satellite reception requires of electronics.
    The best supported software package and plugin support. Diseqc working to move my dish. And perhaps able to send channels over my LAN.
    And not getting freaking yelled at when asking assistance of what works the best for the stack of cash that will be spent.
    Or a commercial rack mount or sat/ip card receiver. Christ!
    (sorry for the rant)

• Official Post

You bring up a lot of valid points there

Enigma2 receiver's do NOT capture the full transport stream, None that i am aware of anyways.

the software used to find keys requires the full stream and most of the PID's

So one way to do that cheaply is with a DVB card and a PC (and not all cards capture the full stream either).

So like you in frustration i went the PC route a while ago, which actually works, but then that also opens up a whole new can of worms.

A PC used as a sat box is nowhere near as user friendly when compared to E2 STB.

But is good to have a play with, you get the full .TS stream and you can play 4.2.2 feeds.

If you go the PC route expect to spend several days setting it up and finding what works, and then tinkering forever more.

I keep going on about the VU ultimo 4k, but i only do so because it dose what i want it to

It has 2 card slots, 2 cam slots, HDMI input, internal HDD, gigabit lan, transcoding.

It has 2 FBC tuner slots with multistream, basically offering me 16 conventional tuners with compatible LNB's. These tuners do not blind scan.

It has another slot for the old normal type tuner, that tuner dose let me blind scan, but i do not get multistream there.

So it is far from perfect, but it dose most of what i want it to.

Your os mio 4k is a great box, and has American support from at least one of the image teams and the manufacturer.

Until an STB is made that will capture the full .TS stream, and has native mutistream blind scan, and support 4.2.2 resolution...... i will be using both a PC and an STB

I do not see that STB happening anytime soon, no one will provide a licence for 4.2.2 content. This is all just my opinion BTW.

• Good day to all . I also agree with your comments that the Ultimo 4k is maybe still the most complete enigma 2 receiver in the market from those i have also personally tested. It is stlii a future proof receiver although vu does not support it properly the last years with updating the drivers for example . My only comment / question is if somebody knows how we can have lnb out function in this receiver in order we could send the signal from the ultimo to another receiver .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!