History Zap Selector for OpenPli (6.x-9.x) © Dorik1972

There are 207 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 15,685 times. The last Post () by pepsik.

• UPDATE

1) Italian locale updated

2) Added automatic saving/restoring of HistoryZap channel list during reboot, restart GUI, power on/off

p.s. automatic saving/restoring works even if you have never run the plugin...the history of channel switching from standard ChannelSelector will be saved

• UPDATE

1) Added automatic saving/restoring of HistoryZap channel list during reboot, restart GUI, power on/off for any DreamOS-based images

2) Less transparent skins for easier reading

3) Minor code fixes when deleting entries from the channel switching history list and clearing it

4) Changed the file format for storing channel-switching history

5) Added the ability to change (set) the language for translating descriptions of EPG events... The setting is called up by long pressing the "green" button on the "EPG-Info" skin

Снимок экрана 2023-10-01 в 21.56.52.pngСнимок экрана 2023-10-01 в 21.58.01.png

Снимок экрана 2023-10-01 в 21.58.15.pngСнимок экрана 2023-10-01 в 21.58.54.png

• Translate EPG is very useful, the choosen language will take the function of the green button , so EPG will be shown in native language the I must press green button to see the translation,

What about make the choosen language is the default language, I mean pressing green button once to see that translated EPG .

Thanks in advance

• Translate EPG is very useful, the choosen language will take the function of the green button , so EPG will be shown in native language the I must press green button to see the translation,

What about make the choosen language is the default language, I mean pressing green button once to see that translated EPG .

Either I probably understood you or... I'll try to describe it a little differently

A long press on the “green” button allows you to set the default translation language for the description of programs, which will be used in the future with a “short” press to translate the description of EPG events

As far as I understand from your post

Do you want me to add the ability to translate into the default language immediately when you click the "EPG-Info" button without a subsequent "short" press of the green "translation language" button?... In principle, this can be implemented... it’s just that the initial idea is that the bulk of the descriptions of programs in the EPG are usually in the native language, and only some of them may be in “incomprehensible” language :upside down face: and this is precisely why the translation function was “implemented”

• yes , that is what I mean ,

One press to show translated EPG.

One press to show translated EPG.

Ok... I'll think about how to implement this without additional skins... it's not difficult to write out the logic... but "sculpting" skins annoys me :exploding head: Just writing out a separate menu for settings for the sake of one item... not a very logical waste of time... Maybe I’ll just make a config file available for editing to set the default translation language

How about making the default translation language match the GUI language of your image? In this case, no additional settings will be needed...and a “short” press on the green button will also save the translation function into the specified language.

p.s. If I make a settings page, then I can put there both the default translation language and the language for translation by a “short” press of the green button, and display/not display the background image (for weak receivers) e.t.c.

How about making the default translation language match the GUI language of your image? In this case, no additional settings will be needed...and a “short” press on the green button will also save the translation function into the specified language.

p.s. If I make a settings page, then I can put there both the default translation language and the language for translation by a “short” press of the green button, and display/not display the background image (for weak receivers) e.t.c.

This will be great , but making EPG translation to another language other than GUI is beneficial.

• pepsik

I would love to add my voice to suggestion made by odem2014, Open the plugin on the preset language (set by user) will be much better as it will be one move one time at beginning of setup process.

Moreover, I encourage you to think about self online update for zap history, it will be much easy for acknowledge if you get pop-up message inform you about the new update.

Appreciate your support

• Open the plugin on the preset language (set by user)

??? This is not about the plugin - this is about the image... By default, the GUI language is set by your image, and ALL plugins are launched with the language that is set as the default one in your image and only if the plugin does not have a localization of the main interface language - it runs in the language in which the “output” lines for the GUI are written in the Python code (usually it's English)

odem2014 talked about the possibility of a preset default translation language for EPG event descriptions not about opening plugin in a preset language

Moreover, I encourage you to think about self online update for zap history,

Those... you propose to rent a certain VPS, install a frontend on it (lighttpd, nginx)... maintain and pay for all this monthly so that once every six months you can see a “pop-up” message about availability, update and automatically update? :winking face with tongue: What if there are no more updates? Or they will be, but once a year, and then if I or one of the users comes up with a “brilliant” idea, what else can be added to the functionality :upside down face:

p.s. Depending on the availability of free time, I will add a settings page and the ability to set the default translation language for EPG event descriptions in the logic that odem2014 asked for... and maybe some other settings... although I can’t even imagine which ones yet and what other functionality might this plugin have

p.s.s. I made the “backbone” of this plugin during a dispute with one of the users of this forum solely to show that nothing is impossible and if the idea is good and “fits” into the ideology of the plugin, then everything is feasible.... Prehistory of occurrence - RE: E2m3u2bouquet - discussion & support

• UPDATE

1) Added a "settings" page to enable/disable or change various plugin parameters

2) Added functionality "default translation language for EPG event descriptions". If this setting is enabled, then the description of the EPG event on the channel will be translated automatically into the specified language when you click "EPG-Info". At the same time, the translation functionality into any other language on the "EPG-Info" page remains available to you.

3) The plugin skins have been redesigned to have “softer” color tones. Also added to skins is the display of buttons available to you on the skin you are viewing

4) Use the "HELP" button on the RC on any of the skins to get help with available functions

5) Added Turkish locale

p.s. And remember :star struck: nothing inspires new ideas like donations from grateful users

p.s. [09/10/23 19:00 GMT] Fixed crash in DreamOS-based images. Redownload and reinstall with --force-reinstall parameter

• I think it will be much better to translate the event title as well beside the translated description.

This is possible, maybe I’ll add it next time... But I’ll have to add a running line converter for very long program names... when the original name + translation will be longer than the allotted space on the skin

• I forgot to test the new version on DreamBox with the "Settings" skin part. If anyone has crashes, I’ll add a small module that patches the native skin.py on DreamOS so that it doesn’t crash if there are unsupported attributes in the skins

p.s. Please forgive me... my “omission”, I just didn’t have time for tests :face with tears of joy:

• s it possible to perform telnet command for installation beside ipk & deb? It will be more easy to install future updates.

What's the question ? I didn’t understand anything... you can install the plugin in any way convenient for you.. even through commands in the console, or using the menu in the GUI of your image

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!