E2m3u2bouquet - discussion & support

There are 1,209 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 85,652 times. The last Post () by jeepcook.

• A small announcement of upcoming changes at the request of users:

1) Add "Backup/Restore" menu item for used providers

2) Removing the plugin dependency on OpenWebIf and deprecating configuration files for CrossEPG and EPGImport. The plugin can work with EPG on its own much better than the listed plugins and does not require additional "crutches" ... Moreover, the refusal to support CrossEPG configuration files allows us to work with https directly and avoid unnecessary additional downloads of EPGs using the https scheme. Also, this change will allow using the plugin on very ancient receivers (like GI S8120, U2C S+mini, GI HD Slim 2+ e.t.c) with very early (or very "custom") versions of E2 images that simply do not have OpenWebIf

3) The ability to manually sort the order of providers and, as a result, the order of creating their bouquets will be added ...Thus, you can set any order convenient for you in the "Providers" menu, thereby setting the order of bouquets in your favorites

4) *****

Any other thoughts or wishes?

p.s. the order of appearance of the listed updates may vary depending on the complexity of the implementation .. simpler ones will appear as quickly as possible

• Thanks Pepsik for all these updates.

An idea will be to have temporary .tv bouquets at the bottom of all bouquets containing the new channels detected by the override process. Just one bouquet for all the diff or a bouquet by diff file. These bouquets will be deleted before each process and recreate if these new channels are still in a diff file.

By this way we could preview the channels and decide if we add it in our master list or not.

What do you think about that?

Thanks

Edited once, last by jeepcook ().

• Thanks Pepsik for all these updates.

Future updates :beaming face with smiling eyes:

These bouquets will be deleted before each process and recreate if these new channels are still in a diff file.

As an idea - there is a place to be ... I'll think about how to implement it in a convenient form for those who use ***-sort-override.xml

• Sorry, I have detected some trouble with last version. (I have got a valid key)

With old versions if i create a custom category and add in it channels, the custom category was created by the code. With version 91 the custom category is not created. My Override file are the same that with old versions (<=version 89). I also tested to leave code to create a new override file and then modify it with a custom category ... But code doesnt create after this custom category ...

• With old versions if i create a custom category and add in it channels, the custom category was created by the code. With version 91 the custom category is not created.

Yes.. there is.. just checked. If you create a non-existent group in the template, then it is not created, and the channels moved to it fall into diff-override . Now I'll find what the problem is and fix it. Will be available in the next update

p.s. I could accidentally "hook" when I implemented the ability to have channels with the same name in different groups in the template. In any case, it will be fixed.

• custom category is not created.

FIXED !

I'm thinking of adding some useful logic for those who use sort-override templates. When new broadcasts appear that are not in the template, in addition to creating a diff-override file, a "New channels" bouquet will be created for this provider ... The principle will resemble "Last Found" in favorite DVB broadcasts.

Will it be informative and helpful?

• Yes, I think it will be useful as informative ... Also reporting group and channel name as new detected .....

• I have found another bug...

If you use override file and the config has reported the epg file to be uses, and then in the override, for a channel name you fill the field tvg-id, and the code fills this field automatically in its process, then as result the channel is not processed in the final list and also appears as missing in the diff list with the tvg_id that your code previosly has detected automatically.

• Yes, I think it will be useful as informative ... Also reporting group and channel name as new detected .....

It will contain groups and channels within those groups... it will just be presented as a separate bouquet called "ProvName - New channels"

I have found another bug...

It's not a mistake. In the sort-override template, the value for tvg-id is used to override the original value of that tag for use with a non-original EPG. Thus, the functionality of using multiple EPG sources is laid down.

I'm talking about the possibility of connecting additional EPG sources using

Code
    <mapping>                                                                                                                        
            <xmltvextrasources>   

Also, the tvg-id value is used to form a unique hash ... Otherwise, it is not clear how to distinguish two channels with the same name in the same group

Imagine this playlist structure ... and all these channels in one group ... In fact, these are different "Avatar" (eng, sp, itl, etc.)

Code
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="61373c865ed5810007173fbc" group-title="Films" , Avatar
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="600adbdf8c554e00072125c9" group-title="Films" , Avatar
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="60b4c17a81e29300071d3a39" group-title="Films" , Avatar
    #EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="624da1cd2af90c0007c13205" group-title="Films" , Avatar

Yes, this is "game" and "exotic" ... but it is sometimes found

• But if I fill the field and the code finds another value, why the code doesnt show the channel and put it in the diff file?

Supposedsly if i fill the field is because I want your code take this value and not the finded value .. And then process the channel correctly.

• But if I fill the field and the code finds another value

Maybe I didn't explain clearly...

I going to "throw" out of the code the override of searching for EPG events in alternative sources specified in the template in <xmltv extra sources> ... Nobody uses it 100%

Describe step by step with examples what you do with tvg-id in the template and for what purpose?

If I understand correctly, you want this channel to have an EPG from "another channel" .. i.e. searched for given tvg-id ?

In original

Code
    <channel name="Fox" nameOverride="" tvg-id="12345" enabled="1" reftypeOverride=""/>
    <channel name="Fox HD" nameOverride="" tvg-id="" enabled="1" reftypeOverride=""/>
    <channel name="Fox Life" nameOverride="" tvg-id="" enabled="1" reftypeOverride=""/>
    <channel name="Fox Life HD" nameOverride="" tvg-id="" enabled="1" reftypeOverride=""/>

you edit like this

Code
    <channel name="Fox" nameOverride="" tvg-id="12345" enabled="1" reftypeOverride=""/>
    <channel name="Fox HD" nameOverride="" tvg-id="12345" enabled="1" reftypeOverride=""/>
    <channel name="Fox Life" nameOverride="" tvg-id="12345" enabled="1" reftypeOverride=""/>
    <channel name="Fox Life HD" nameOverride="" tvg-id="12345" enabled="1" reftypeOverride=""/>

And you're waiting on FoxHD, Fox Life, etc. same EPG as on Fox

Do I understand your actions and expectations from the algorithm correctly?

• Sometimes, the epg specified in the config has tvg-id with name different than channel name, and this is why sometimes is necessary specify a tvg-id differrent... For example, in the epg file the channel is fox_ESP and the channel name in override is "Fox HD" ...

Simply is that override takes tvg-id if is specified and not tvg-id automatically deduced by code ....

• Simply is that override takes tvg-id if is specified and not tvg-id automatically deduced by code ....

If I understand correctly, you want the functionality of redefining tvg-id by analogy with the channel name ... I can implement this logic for a given field in a template...

But why are you overriding tvg-id? Are you using an EPG source not for your playlist? Or does your playlist NOT contain tvg-id tags? Or are they incorrectly filled in the playlist by the provider that provides the playlist?

• For example, in the epg file the channel is fox_ESP and the channel name in override is "Fox HD" ...

There is no relationship between the channel name in the EPG source file and the channel name in the sort-override template ... the search for EPG events occurs solely by matching the value of the tvg-id tag in the template and the value of the "channel id" tag in the EPG (xmltv)

for example

After I implement the "override" algorithm for tvg-id ... in this case, two channels with completely different names will have the same EPG

Code
    <channel name="Shot TV orig" nameOverride="" tvg-id="12345" enabled="1" reftypeOverride=""/>
    <channel name="Timeless Dizi Channel" nameOverride="" tvg-id="12345" enabled="1" reftypeOverride=""/> 

• My IPTV provider not give us EPG... I use an external EPG ... http://tropical.jungle-team.online/epg/koala7.xml.gz

Display Less

So let's sum it up... In the provider's card, you specify a link or file to m3u and a link to the EPG source. Then you specify a custom sort method. Then - generate bouquets. The plugin automatically picks up EPG events and creates sort-override.xml , after which you "correct" picking errors by editing the tvg-id values in sort-override ... The task of the algorithm is to use those tvg-id values for subsequent generations of bouquets that have been corrected by you

All correct?

• Yes ... The actual behavoir is: when I change the tvg_id in the override generated file, then, when code process the modified override, then not generate the channel with the tvg-id modified and places it in the diff override file with the original tvg-id.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!