E2m3u2bouquet - discussion & support

There are 1,274 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 93,708 times. The last Post () by pepsik.

• I just instal the version 1.0.85 on a Vu+ zero (OpenBlackhole 5.1.012, Python 3.10.4) and works very good, thank you!

DM920 4k UHD, OpenPli 8.3; Vu+ zero, OpenBlackhole 5.1.012; Vu+ zero 4K, OpenBlackhole 4.3.032

Edited 2 times, last by Riquet065 ().

• there is also no problem due to low memory

I see you have mounted devices =) but the problem is that your epg.db is not located there, but in the internal flash in /etc/enigma2 on the internal flash memory if you "hands" did not transfer it and did not create a symlink

What image are you using on your DM920?

I never have touched the epg.db. It's installed in /etc/enigma2. Should I do something with it?

My image is newnigma2.

I use something different now for EPG. Too bad, would have liked to do that with your plugin.

(enigma2-plugin-extensions-jediepgxtream and enigma2-plugin-extensions-epgimport).

Edited once, last by Igor1312 ().

• That worked and EPG data is loaded and displayed again. So far so good.

But now an error occurs, like before the system crash last week. If I press "Info" then "Simple EPG", there is no more EPG data in this list. You can't set a timer either.

With JediEPGExtreme and the importer, that's correct at this point. Perhaps the database is not filled correctly?

• That worked and EPG data is loaded and displayed again. So far so good.

Your crash log had nothing to do with this plugin. You just had a "corrupted" EPG file (epg.db)... This is a fairly common problem with DreamOS images ... The console commands that I gave you - just delete the "corrupted" file ... DreamOS creates it again empty on startup

But now an error occurs, like before the system crash last week. If I press "Info" then "Simple EPG", there is no more EPG data in this list. You can't set a timer either.

With JediEPGExtreme and the importer, that's correct at this point. Perhaps the database is not filled correctly?

1) This plugin has NOTHING to do with the skins (SimpleEPG) or code of EpgSelection.py or ChannelSelection.py, e.t.c. of the image you use and their crashes, especially without the log of what have "died"

2) What is JediEPGExtreme? And why did you decide that this particular plugin (e2m3u2b) incorrectly puts something into the database? I will tell you the secret of Pinocchio - in this plugin (e2m3u2b), work with the SQL database is organized more correctly than in any DreamOS EPG plugins

If a log is not attached to your post with a description of the error, where the fault of this plugin is visible, these are all fantasies and conjectures.

p.s.If you are interested, then my opinion about the "quality" of the code of the NewNigma2 image you use can be read here - RE: History Zap Selector by ©Dorik1972

• Ok, I think you misunderstand me. I try to explain better.

I had a crash last week. The box did not start, you know the crash log. The last lines here again:

Code
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/E2m3u2bouquet/EPGImport/EPGImport.py", line 137, in cacheStateChanged
    self.storage = epg_importer.EPGClass(self.HDD_EPG_DAT)
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/E2m3u2bouquet/EPGImport/epg_importer.py", line 22, in __init__
    self.epg = epgdb.epgdb_class(PluginLanguageDomain, 99, epgfile)
    File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/E2m3u2bouquet/EPGImport/epgdb.py", line 50, in __init__
    raise Exception("[EPGDB] connect to {epgdb} failed".format(**self.__dict__))
    -------
    Exception: [EPGDB] connect to /etc/enigma2/epg.db failed"

I see "/E2m3u2bouquet/EPGImport/epgdb.py" as the last entry, that's your plugin, isn't it?

So I reinstalled everything. Then your plugin didn't work at all. (Memory blah blah). After deleting the EPG.db it worked, for whatever reason.

Now it is the case that the EPG data is not displayed in one screen, specifically the "Single-EPG". Single EPG is NOT a skin, it's a screen! This happens to EVERY skin!

I took some screenshots. Just look.

One more thing. In the correct "Single-EPG" screenshot, the events are also sorted correctly. Not in the screen of "your" EPG.

When I get the EPG data with the EPG importer, everything works. I also documented this with a screenshot. I have a log from your bouquet maker and EPG import:

So I suspect that your EPG importer is not feeding the epg.db properly. What conclusion would you draw if you were me?

I'll make both epg.db available to you, you can compare them. (See attachment)

You ask for JediEPGXtream. I have attached a screenhot of that plkugin and the EPG-Importer that is working correctly.

One last word. I'm not your enemy! I'm friendly and would just love to use your plugin as the only tool.

Thanks

• Igor1312, Let's go back to the "beginning"

A few posts earlier you posted an error log... There were TWO errors that belong to different classes:

1) Warning - about the critically small size of the space for placing files downloaded by the plugin, for example, picons, epg e.t.c. This is a warning, nothing more, but not a plugin error

2) Error - this is a CRITICAL error, but this error has a decryption. The error says that the plugin, for some reason, cannot connect to the epg.db file ... The reason is not in the plugin. The reason is a corrupted epg.db file in your image. What is WRITTEN in the log

I answered you in sufficient detail about both of these errors in the log. I explained what is the cause of the WARNING and how to "cure" the CRITICAL error ... The are 1000 reasons why the EPG SQL database can "break" on DreamOS ... I don't see any point in talking about them within the framework of this thread ... This is not about friends or enemies. There are specific questions about e2m2u2b and answers to them. I will not be engaged in the analysis of your "broken" database or the reasons for its breakdown. I am more than sure that the way I "fill" the SQL base in my code is absolutely correct and complies with the requirements and rules used by DreamOS itself in its C code ... Moreover, I am absolutely not interested in how this is done by any other plugins ...

The only thing I asked you is if you claim that pressing the info button on RC, which led to a system crash when calling SimpleEPG, provide a LOG where it can be seen that this is e2m3u2b's fault ... no more ...

p.s. I use the DM900UHD daily with OpenDreamOS and NewNigma2, and of course ALL my plugins for generating bouquets and EPG, and viewing IPTV archives, HistoryZap e.t.c. - I have no problems with these images.

• Now look at your code again, maybe you have overlooked something.

Do you understand how it works? Have you seen the structure of the SQL tables in the epg.db database... Do you understand why these tables are populated this way and not otherwise?

Why did you decide that in such a "structure" of the T_Data table, the value in the short_description_id column cannot be Null?

Code
    CREATE TABLE T_Data (
            event_id INTEGER NOT NULL,
            title_id INTEGER,
            short_description_id INTEGER,
            extended_description_id INTEGER,
            iso_639_language_code TEXT NOT NULL,
            changed DATETIME NOT NULL DEFAULT current_timestamp
    );

If it was like this

Code
    short_description_id INTEGER NOT NULL,

Then your "research" would have at least some basis ... and so these are your baseless assumptions

• I looked at the two epg.db versions and analyzed entries for the program shown in the screenshot.

You are on a completely wrong path in your "search" ... Your logic is wrong from the very beginning !

If you want to understand the logic and correctness of filling the SQL database (epg.db) with ANY plugin, then you need to compare how the "researched" plugin do it and the ORIGINAL image code (DreamOS) ... What and with what did you compare and on what basis did you decide that some other plugin does the right thing, but this one doesn’t - it’s a mystery to me ... Just because some “other plugin” fills the base differently? Hmm... Are you sure that "other plugin" is doing it right? If yes, then why? :exploding head:

In the epg.db described by E2m3u2bouquet, the entry in the T_Short_Description table is missing. Therefore, an entry in the T_Data table is also missing (null entry).

Tell me ... If my code is "not correct", then why EPG on DM900UHD and VU+ Ultimo4K on the same provider ABSOLUTELY do not differ in the name of the programs, in their descriptions, etc. ...

p.s. Video form my DM900UHD - https://dropmefiles.com.ua/ua/6UNa7sv5m ...What's wrong with the channel's events description?

• Ähem, really?

You show me the declaration of the SQL table? So cute.

Of course, according to the declaration, "short_description_id" may contain the value null, but in this case it's an ERROR. It's not a technical error, but a substantive one and the reason why the description isn't shown. I suspect.

What and with what did you compare and on what basis did you decide that some other plugin does the right thing, but this one doesn’t

Simple, the other works, yours doesn't.

It doesn't work with your plugin, but with the other one it does. All conditions are the same. So I think your plugin is producing the error.

Your video shows you wriggling around in the bouquets. I'm talking about SIMPLE EPG. So press the INFO button, then SIMPLE EPG (YELLOW). Then I no longer have an EPG when I use your plugin.

I originally thought that a developer would be happy if irregularities were pointed out and solid evidence was provided. But you get defensive from the start, claiming your code is the best in the world. Is code never.

It doesn't matter, as I've said many times before, I have a solution, namely another plugin. Yours only works under your circumstances, otherwise unfortunately not.

Learn from it or leave it. I do not care.

Happy New Year.

• ll, but in this case it's an ERROR. It's not a technical error, but a substantive one and the reason why the description isn't shown. I suspect.

OMG .... :face with tears of joy: If you "suspect" this, then look at the sql wrapper source code. It is completely open, as is the EPG importer code... or show the log in which you can see that the plugin causes this error, I already wrote to you about this

Your video shows you wriggling around in the bouquets. I'm talking about SIMPLE EPG. So press the INFO button, then SIMPLE EPG (YELLOW).

Where do you see any crash there?

Снимок экрана 2022-12-31 в 07.09.58.pngСнимок экрана 2022-12-31 в 07.10.13.pngСнимок экрана 2022-12-31 в 07.10.27.png

So I think your plugin is producing the error.

I originally thought that a developer would be happy if irregularities were pointed out and solid evidence was provided. But you get defensive from the start, claiming your code is the best in the world. Is code never.

I already wrote to you that NO LOG - NO PROBLEM ...You have already written about this error for the umpteenth time but never back it up with a log where any fault of the code of this plugin is visible ... But at the same time you climb into the epg.db structure ... In general, it is not clear why ...

, I have a solution, namely another plugin.

The choice is yours. I'm not forcing anyone. In any case, I am grateful to you for the feedback, but I can’t fix what I can’t repeat on my DreamOS or without an error log where I can see what “dies” and why

Happy New Year!

p.s. By the way, about "mistakes". They told me, on the NewNigma2 forum, that my HistoryZapSelector plugin is buggy and does not work on their image because it is "wrong" ... As it turned out later, the error was not in the plugin, but in an absolutely incorrect implementation of the Picon.py renderer of this image (I affirm this and I can prove it for each line of nonsense committed by the "writers" of this renderer). After I introduced "cosmetic crutches" there. Now everything works as it should... And I also gave you a link to read it

• Igor1312

I'm talking about SIMPLE EPG. So press the INFO button, then SIMPLE EPG (YELLOW).

NewNigma2 , to dot the "i"

Снимок экрана 2022-12-31 в 10.06.01.pngСнимок экрана 2022-12-31 в 10.04.30.png

Снимок экрана 2022-12-31 в 10.04.54.pngСнимок экрана 2022-12-31 в 10.05.11.png

Where and why do I not have any crashes? Should I show you epg.db tables with NULL values, or do you believe so?

Happy Hew Yer, again :winking face with tongue:

• Well, to make it completely clear ... NewNigma2 .... HistoryZapSelector after the edits I made to the terrible Picon.py code of this image

Снимок экрана 2022-12-31 в 10.16.10.pngСнимок экрана 2022-12-31 в 10.16.41.pngСнимок экрана 2022-12-31 в 10.17.07.png

Thanks again for your feedback ... But I can't reproduce the errors you describe WITHOUT logs =) ... Everything works like "Ulisse Nardin" ... My best wishes and Happy New Year to the board.newnigma2.to forum admin... :rolling on the floor laughing: ...

• I'm talking about SIMPLE EPG.

In this post, I think everything will become clear =) Do you probably know that I also wrote an IPTVArchive plugin :nerd face:plugin that is fully integrated into any image based on any version of Python including DreamOS ? There are no "own" skins and system skins are used ... Below is a screenshot of this plugin and it uses the SimpleEPG skin of the NewNigma2 image, unlike e2m3u2b - which does not use any system skin .... and no crashes ...

Снимок экрана 2022-12-31 в 10.36.29.png

• Please calm down an look at the 4. pic in your post #554.

I don't see any EPG on the right pane, do you?

That's the fault.

There was never any crash. I never said there was a crash. Only the EPG data is not displayed in the SIMPLE EPG.

And look at the sorting...

• Should I show you epg.db tables with NULL values, or do you believe so?

Just in case

Снимок экрана 2022-12-31 в 10.50.41.pngСнимок экрана 2022-12-31 в 10.50.53.png

Снимок экрана 2022-12-31 в 10.51.37.pngСнимок экрана 2022-12-31 в 10.51.48.png

Why is the T_Short_Description table empty? I won't tell you ... study the Enigma2 framework source code ... Well, do you see in T_Data - NULL ? Crashes?

• Exactly. I showed such pics multiple times 😵‍💫

I have another idea. Perhaps the EPG source is responsible for that, what I think of, it‘s an error.

From where your plugin reads the EPG? And is there an easy way to let it read from another source, for example „Rytec“?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!