E2m3u2bouquet - discussion & support

There are 1,215 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 88,793 times. The last Post () by pepsik.

• I think you don't know what is the subservices functionality in enigma2.

You write a lot of "terms" and "definitions", and this is not the first time, the difference is that we can understand and interpret them differently. What do you understand by "subservices"

Have you read?

p.s.

Снимок экрана 2023-08-15 в 11.06.13.png

• When you are on a channel, by pressing green button you can have subservices for this channel if they are configured in a groupedservices file.

A default file is delivered into /usr/share/enigma2. If you want to create your own subservices groups you have to create the file into /etc/enigma2 with group services.

Because IPTV channels are not in lamedb, an update is needed to display channel names in subservices list. Currently channels have to have an epg, but not necessary with the new update.

Here is a screenshot (arbitrary test) for the french channel TF1:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• When you are on a channel, by pressing green button you can have subservices for this channe

Seriously? How long do I have to press the "green" button on the remote control when watching any channel, for example in the image, OpenPli? Maybe it works somehow in OpenBH? OpenSPA? PKT? Any DreamOS-based images? e.t.c.

I gave you comprehensive answers to your questions regarding the creation of serviceref records. I gave you more than detailed links to the standards and source codes that I follow . Do you have anything to object to the logic I presented, except - "is not a third party dev but in the enigma2 core dev." ? If not, then I consider it pointless to discuss here the development you are testing that I have not seen. To do this, there is an OpenATV forum where you can and should discuss the new developments of this team in their image

• What are you saying??

Example, I'm watching TF1, but I have a service problem because of a server problem, I just have to use green button to choose another version of the channel. No need to navigate to another bouquet and to search for a different version of the channel.

Other examples:

- You have 10 versions of Eurosport and want to change from channel 1 to 9, it's easy like these.

- You have a regional channel but want to watch the program for another region

This feature has been around for years but for satellite/cable channels only. See the /usr/share/enigma2/groupedservices file and you'll understand.

• I gave you comprehensive answers to your questions regarding the creation of serviceref records. I gave you more than detailed links to the standards and source codes that I follow . Do you have anything to object to the logic I presented, except - "is not a third party dev but in the enigma2 core dev." ? If not, then I consider it pointless to discuss here the development you are testing that I have not seen. To do this, there is an OpenATV forum where you can and should discuss the new developments of this team in their image

You always consider you are the best développer in the world, others are bad, it's always your style of answer.... You plugin isn't open source so we can't work with you to have or to speak about comptabilities between each other.

The discussion is closed for me. Stay in your so closed world.

• This feature has been around for years but for satellite/cable channels only

What does this have to do with IPTV? And this plugin?

You always consider you are the best développer in the world, others are bad, it's always your style of answer...

This is some kind of your "perverted" vision of reality ... I don’t understand what prompted you to such thoughts ... Links to the standards that I adhere to? ALL are OBLIGED to comply with generally accepted standards ...

so we can't work with you to have or to speak about

WE? Who are these "we"? For the second hour, I communicate only with you and I don’t see anyone else except you participating in the conversation ... If you need compatibility with any "inventions" present in any image, then you need to build a conversation a little differently ... When asking questions, you need to give examples indicating the image you use and the desired functionality ...Re-read your question and my answer. You asked why this is how bouquets are created and why certain parameters are present in the URL fragment. I gave you a very detailed answer to both questions.

• The discussion is closed

Totally agree with you. I answered all your questions. At the moment, the plugin works on almost all OE images on Py2/Py3-based, including any DreamOS-based images. If you need extended functionality for some specific features of the image you use - describe your wishes with examples... and if this does not contradict the ideology of the plugin and its functionality on other images - it will be done :beer1:

• This feature has been around for years but for satellite/cable channels only. See the /usr/share/enigma2/groupedservices file and you'll understand.

For final understanding... I don't use and don't watch satellite broadcasts for more than 10 years... I don't have the file you described... And I DO NOT use the OpenATV image in my daily life =)... I understand it's hard for you to understand. .. but there are also such people =) I made this plugin only for one reason - I did not find anything suitable for me from the existing one for IPTV on Enigma2 ... If you don't like this plugin, no one is forcing you to use it. If you want to add/expand the functionality - read the previous post ... I don’t remember a case when I refused to finalize if it is logical and functional for everyone ... and you know this very well

• You're still damn surly... It's difficult to speak with you. You know I help you with bad, good ideas and open issues to optimize your plugin.

Anyway it does not matter, this discussion have the only merit of waking up this thread :rolling on the floor laughing:

• popíšte svoje želania s príkladmi...

i think jeepcook would like to have "extra bouquet" where will be channels with same name together.

scenario - have 5 providers

Plugin creating bouquets from all 5 providers

All 5 provider have "Discovery Channels"

During wathing "Discovery" from provider No1, stream has stop, but he would like to have access to immediately find all available"Discovery Channels" from other "userbouquets.tv" lists (find other stream Discovery) just with one click button

(lets say "TXT" button)

hope im right

VU Zero4k ATV7.3

• Exactly! That's what I explained, and the screenshot show this.

• scenario - have 5 providers

Plugin creating bouquets from all 5 providers

All 5 provider have "Discovery Channels"

During wathing "Discovery" from provider No1, stream has stop, but he would like to have access to immediately find all available"Discovery Channels" from other "userbouquets.tv" lists (find other stream Discovery) just with one click button

(lets say "TXT" button)

This is not a new idea and it has already been implemented in different images (for example, OpenBH or OpenDreamBox) in the form of a selection of "identical" events from the EPG when viewing the event description by channel

But it’s not clear what this plugin has to do with choosing channels or switching them? I don't remember any such functionality. I wrote that I can add or expand only what fits into the ideology and functionality of this plugin. The purpose of this plugin is to convert text files of one format (m3u) to text files of another format (bouquets), and if possible, import EPG and download channel picons for their further use by the functionality of your image ....

What 5 scenarios described by you can be discussed within the framework of the functionality of this plugin? This can be implemented in the regular functionality of channelsselection or infobargeneric of your image in "several ways" .. or within any plugin, something like "quickselector" or "history zap selector", which provide alternative options for switching or selecting channels, unlike the standard channelselector ....

By "several ways" in the previous paragraph, I mean using eEPGCache.lookupEvent() or lamedb ... "Games" with a selection of similar or matching names from bouquet files that can contain hundreds of thousands of records (examples of such playlists were sent by jeepcook) is a utopia, since the implementation of this in python will never give acceptable performance on the weak StaTopBox hardware

• Exactly! That's what I explained, and the screenshot show this.

Have you read my response to your pictures? If not, here it is - RE: E2m3u2bouquet - discussion & support ... If you understand that I don't have a sat "dish" and I don't have the opportunity to get some group files in the image you use... then how do your pictures explain the situation or your desires? Where is the sample content of /etc/enigma2 with group services? What is the principle of their formation? How do you suggest that I learn all this without such a technical capability? According to your picture to study? If these "group files" use eEPGCache.Lookup() and lamedb, then everything is clear ... But what about those services that do not have EPG and are not in lamedb ? I wrote a little about "utopia" in the previous paragraph ... read it

• For example, to dot the "i" as I wrote above ... There is a plugin that I wrote for myself .. it's small and concise - "HistoryZap Selector" ... It allows you to quickly switch between the last 20 channels

Снимок экрана 2023-08-15 в 18.32.51.png

Here in this plugin, I can add a "green" button that will search for a channels with the same or similar name as the one selected in all favorite bouquets ... Because this plugin is used to select and switch broadcasts as an alternative to the standard functionality ...But this is not the functionality of e2m3u2b in any way

• Previous messages are very too long... but I think there is a total misunderstood. I don't want a new dev, it already exists but currently there are some devs on it to work perfectly with all cases.

My initial message was just to know if the gstplayer parameters could be removed from the .tv file. The answer was no, never, so I will do with that. I always found a solution, and the subservices current devs will work on my configuration even if I have to do a e2m3u2b plugin post script.

The solution is still on test and I'm the tester.

So for my part it's closed. I'm waiting nothing from e2m3u2b plugin dev.

Thanks.

• Here in this plugin, I can add a "green" button that will search for a channels with the same or similar name as the one selected in all favorite bouquets ...

Done ... using the built-in functions of the enigma module written in C ... on favorites with a total volume of about 10,000 records, it works very quickly ... it remains only to add a couple of screen forms to display the results and сhannel selection =)

• After calling "History ZAP" we get a list of channels that were previously viewed. The () icon indicates the current channel being played

Снимок экрана 2023-08-16 в 16.30.15.png

Press "green" button on any channel in history

Снимок экрана 2023-08-16 в 16.30.38.png

We get a list of all programs with a similar name that are in favorites for any of the existing IPTV or DVB providers ... The () icon indicates the current channel being played .... From this list, you can select any entry for playing, while being added to the switching history

The term "similar name" should be understood as channels with a similar name, for example

"Discovery", "DiscoveryHD", "Discovery HD orign", "Discovery ECC" - the "similar"

"Discovery Science" , "Discovery Science HD", "Discovery Science HD orign" - NOT the "similar" to "Discovery" or "Discovery HD orign" e.t.c

There would be a desire ... everything can be implemented ... if it corresponds to the ideology and functionality of the plugin

• There would be a desire ... everything can be implemented ... if it corresponds to the ideology and functionality of the plugin

This has not a place in e2m3u2b which is there to create bouquets and import corresponding epg (the name is clear m3u2b), not to navigate into lists or epg. HistoryZap already exists in e2. so there's no reason to override it, or just a function to enable/disable this. But it has nothing to do with the plugin.

• HistoryZap already exists in e2.

Seriously? Remind me if this "feature" is available by default in Open Pli? What about images on DreamOS? I would not argue so categorically that this functionality "already exists in e2"....

so there's no reason to override

Who and why forbids me or anyone else NOT to use a similar built-in functionality in any image, but to use a plugin with extended functionality? Do you have such an opportunity to select from your favorites by channel name, regardless of whether they have EPG or not ... in those images where this is implemented?

This has not a place in e2m3u2b which is there to create bouquets and import corresponding epg

Absolutely right. I wrote to you about this earlier. And everything above was done by me in "HistoryZAP" just to show you that if the idea corresponds to the ideology and functionality of the plugin, then there are no problems to implement it

Adding a similar solution to the regular code of ANY image is not a task of "cosmic scale" and can be implemented within a maximum of a day, including all kinds of tests

Thank you for your attention ... "HistoryZAP" plugin will be updated during the day in the relevant forum threads (OpenPli and DreamOS) , who needs it - use it, who doesn't need it - use already "existed in e2"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!