Streaming VU Duo Outside Home Network??

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,500 times. The last Post () by mrgmx.

• Hi, i have successfully set up my vu duo exactly the way i want thanks to other linuxsat members expert advice, The last thing i would like to be able to do is to access my duo from outside my home network. I have been able to get it going localy using WMP11 with Klite mega codec pack installed (VLC Player wouldn't start for me despite numerous attempts) Could someone please tell me how i go about doing this.... Thanks in advance for any help.. ;-)

• Hi, i have successfully set up my vu duo exactly the way i want thanks to other linuxsat members expert advice, The last thing i would like to be able to do is to access my duo from outside my home network. I have been able to get it going localy using WMP11 with Klite mega codec pack installed (VLC Player wouldn't start for me despite numerous attempts) Could someone please tell me how i go about doing this.... Thanks in advance for any help.. ;-)

Hi if you install the DYNDNS Plugin and signup to some free dns site like FreeDNS - Free DNS - Dynamic DNS - Static DNS subdomain and domain hosting
    And get yourself a dns address put it into the plugin and restart ur box Go to ur dns address that you made on a web browser and you can connect to box from any where

• hi, guys i have installed the tspannel dyndns plugin set the credentials as it as asked but still cant login
    do i set the host as my.no-ip.org:port or my.no-ip.org,port? for eg
    how do i define a port for it to use? is there a config file somehwre like there is for oscam were i add in conf host,port?
    i have also tried to find stuff on this and looked all over but seems to be a bit of a grey area

cheers

• Campbell,

This is one of the ones on the list mate! But as no one has shone any light as yet!

Not a 100% sure but you may need dns address, not sure if no-ip will work on this?

Failing that there is idreamx, it has the functionality to stream outside the network!

I think you just need to open port you assign in the preferences and add dns or fixed ip address for it to stream to so to speak!

But like i said on the to-do list so haven't setup to give you exact setup instructions sorry!

Perhaps you could tell me lol

Hopefully someone may add to this!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!