Need help flashing the best image for Dreambox DM920

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,691 times. The last Post () by nexx45.

• Hi dear;

I bought Dreambox 920, and I am a beginner and frankly I don't know where to start and I asked for your help.

Already I flashed image receiver, but I'm not sure it's new update of this image.

If I want to add images, I’ve to use loader and program the receiver or I’ve to do it by usb stick?

Regards.

• Official Post

Put your dreambox into Rescue mode

If it has a image and can be started just gå to Menu >> Standby and Restart >> Recovery Mode

In the display you will see the IP Adress of your Dreambox.

With your Internet Browser just open that IP Adress and you find the flash tool.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can not start your dreambox then you can put it into RescueMode by turning on the main power switch on the back

And press + hold the standby button with in 500ms after you powerd on your dreambox.

In the display you will see the IP Adress of your Dreambox.

With your Internet Browser just open that IP Adress and you find the flash tool.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• master G

Added the Label Image Flashing Support
  • I’ve Dreambox DM920, and I am a beginner and frankly I don't know where to start and I asked for your help.

Already I flashed latest image ( Rescue ) mode and I did this by IP Address of Dreambox by laptop.

Actually receiver it’s empty and I didn’t install any other images like openPLi or openATV and others. And I want to install it but I don’t no how.

Question is, do I need loader and transfer or I’ve to use usb stick, how I do this. Please I want to do it step by step.

Regards

• Official Post

You flash images just the same way as hecha71 wrote in his post

But remember that you are now flashing an unsupported image.

Personal I do not get why people buy and Dreambox when the first they want to do is to flash a Vu+ image :zany face:

• Official Post

I was maybe a bit unclear in my irony comment about dreambox an vu+

The Open Images for Dreambox is often just a modify version of the Vu+ image :smiling face with halo:

My point was. If you buy a Iphone and then the first you want to do is to change it into an Android

It would be better to buy and Android phone in the first place...

Same why buy and Dreambox who are made for DreamOS when you want to use an Open Image.

Then the Vu+ would be a much better choice since it's made for the Open Images

• Official Post

If you want to use Open Images like ATV then the Vu+ is the best choice

If you want to use DreamOS Images like GP4.1 DreamElite Merlin Peter pan Newnigma and so on then the Dreambox is the best choice

But there is a big difference in the use between Open Images and DreamOS.

If you are not custome to DreamOS then the transfer to DreamOS can be pretty up hill

When it comes to the hardware they are pretty equal so none of then will performe better then the other.

• The reason, I want it to know which one is better.

Bro, if you want to use images such as atv, pli, pure 2, and similar images on dream 9xx, then there is a Barry Allen plugin for these purposes. in the flash install the official from dream os.

look, I have all these images installed now in the receiver using the Barry Allen plugin, I can switch to any and use one of the installed ones. . read the topics on the forum and you can implement everything on your 920. Good luck!!!

linuxsat-support.com/thread/?postID=651458#post651458

And what seagen told you, I fully share his point of view-to buy a dreambox and use images from open, this is a perversion.

• master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Dreambox DM 920” to “Need help flashing the best image for Dreambox DM920”.
  • Thank's bro,

Question > Can install more than 2 or more images in Dreambox 920 or all Enigma 2 receivers?

• I too have a dm920 and although I would love to use the standard software it seems that is no longer possible and no longer available (I'd be delighted if you could correct me) so, far from being a "perversion", it seems to be a necessity in order to get up to date working software for this box?

• Unstable flash image on dreambox 900

on enigma2-plugin-extensions-barryallen_12.91_all.deb

on enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-gutemine

I made a new unstable gp 4.2 image on it

There is nothing wrong

Instabiles Flash-Bild auf Dreambox 900

auf enigma2-plugin-extensions-barryallen_12.91_all.deb

auf enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-gutemine

Ich habe ein neues instabiles GP 4.2-Image darauf erstellt

Da ist nichts falsch

dreambox 900 üzerinde unstable flaşh imaj

üzerinde enigma2-plugin-extensions-barryallen_12.91_all.deb

üzerinde enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-gutemine

üzerinde yeni unstable gp 4.2 imaj yaptım

herhangi bir sorun yok

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!