Most Current Firmware needed For DINOBOT 4K SE / U5PVR Deluxe

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,211 times. The last Post () by XSA.

• I recently acquired a U5PVR Deluxe and would ultimately like to get openATV operational. Currently I have THIS firmware installed, but I cant seem to get a dual boot menu to appear at power up so I can install the E2 image. The MAC address matches the sticker under the box and DRM is good. I have found appropriate links to newer firmware but they are all dead. Does anyone have a link to the newest Android firmware and or recovery image for the SE/Deluxe version of this box? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• master G

Approved the thread.
  • There is no dualboot menu. You should store OpenATV 6.4 install files (but not 7.0, 7.1, 7.2) on USB stick. Press green key on remote during boot and it will start installation procedure. USB stick must be in front white port.

E2 starts when during boot blue key or Volume- on any remote has been pressed.

• Thank you for the reply, Ill give that a try. I love this receiver due to the atsc-t tuner. It would be excellent if I can get E2 running on it.

• I placed the OpenATV 6.4 files on the root of the flash drive, but after several attempts of booting while pressing the green button I've not had any success, It just boots normally. Thinking back I think this is where I got stumped before, despite following the guides I could find the box was blind to anything I tried.

• If you are referring to seeing UPDT on the boot screen, no. It looks the same regardless if I'm pressing the green button or not.

I'll flash to the file in the link and see how that goes. I hope it works.

Thanks!

• I flashed the firmware over the weekend and it turns out that this is the firmware that I had installed previously. Pressing the green button during boot, or any other key for that matter doesn't initiate anything. I do notice the screen flashes between the initial boot logo and the boot animation but that's it.

Is there any alternative way to get this to work? Like a config file or something? I'm pretty comfortable with the text editor.

Thanks!

• Thanks,

I have everything needed. I could only find a newer version of the hitool since the link in the thread was bad, hopefully that doesn't pose any problems. I'll give this a shot and see how it goes. :nerd face:

• For whatever reason mine never shows menu on the screen, maybe it should be where mine has 3 dashes. Mine goes, Boot > ---- > Home.

• A measure of success, but not there yet. I installed this update https://www.opena.tv/ferguson-…8-11-07-a.html#post374656 and this time it seemed to take, I'm not sure why it didn't work the multiple times I've flashed it before but ill take it :). I have the option to load Android or OpenATV at the boot screen but It seems to freeze up when I choose the E2 option. I have tried both the OpenATV SD card version and also the usb version in the white port method to no avail. Is there something I'm missing?

• Yes, after last update only Internal Flash OpenATV is possible. So you need to check options in Android, specially Android TV app, enabling E2 from internal flash.

Green Button during boot - update/install OpenATV

Blue Button - start OpenATV

Remember to take only OpenATV 6.4 or 6.5.

• is my old thread for dinobot 4k any use to you.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• is my old thread for dinobot 4k any use to you.

Yes that thread has been helpful, unfortunately I still cant get it going. I checked the mac address of the box and it matches the sticker on the bottom, except that the letters are lower case, (if that matters). I made a mac.txt file and put it on usb to flash it for good measure but the live tv app will not see it when inserted, I've tried different drives but it doesn't matter. I used notepad+ to create the file.

Something that I noticed is that DRM says NO, but when I click the online DRM update it fails, presumably because the server than hosted that function no longer exists. I don't even know if that is an issue with the newer firmware but its an observation.

Setting the boot to e2 in the tv app just reboots it to the stuck e2 option, requiring power off and on to get started again. I've tried ver. 6.3 6.4 and 6.5 on various usb drives, as well as the different usb ports including the white one in front.

:exploding head:

• i gave up in the end on my dinobot after a big crash I installed just an anadol enigma2 image.

• i gave up in the end on my dinobot after a big crash I installed just an anadol enigma2 image.

I haven't been able to mess with my box lately, Being I have the SE I'm a little apprehensive about trying the anadol image, the android is better that nothing at this point.

• the anadol image in my thread is for my dinobot 4k.
    I was just highlighting the fact I gave up in the end trying to get a combo android/enigma2 image back onto my box after I bricked it.
    So I went with the easier option of just having a enigma2 image. In my case that was the anadol eco image which was the same box and compatible.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!