Dreambox DM900 Red Light

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,770 times. The last Post () by DreamboxDM9204K.

• Code
    Hello :

I have a Dreambox DM900, and unfortunately when I inserted the correct image of this device it gave me a red light and I tried many programs such as Putty, Advanced Serial Port Terminal and Sscom, but DCC works only on Telnet and does not give access to the device, I will send pictures of what is happening to the device.

Please help and thank you.
  • Restore Settings after Flashing Unbox it ;)

Them it will work to Flash it with the new Image

I am Still on the Search for CAID:0911 for TTV on 16E if anybody see this anywhere let me Know :D

Send Not from Taptalk or so Sent From 127.0.01 or for Modern Peepz ::1

:saint:

• Connect Telnet over Putty and Try

fdisk -lu /dev/mmcblk0

blkid|grep mmcblk0

Write the Output here

I Seen this kind of Failure once with Message

Code
    Fatal: Target device '/dev/mmcblk0p2' is not writable

and it was a Corrupted Partition on Box

If The Output Looks like

Otherwise the Good Partition Looks like

There is Only Experimental Way to get your Box again to work

you have to Create Partition before you will be able to Flash new Image on it

How did you Damanaged your Partition does it Crashed before you Tried to Put new Image on Box ???

More Questions did you Installed before the VCP Drivers for Dream ??? Serial Connect

CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers - Silicon Labs
    The CP210x USB to UART Bridge Virtual COM Port (VCP) drivers are required for device operation as a Virtual COM Port to facilitate host communication with…
    www.silabs.com

Then you Will be Able to make Bootlog

If in Bootlog you see

Code
    DDR0: !@ ffe0e780 <= ffe0df10 MEMSYS-0 @ f1100000 OK
    DDR1: =@ ffe0e780 <= ffe0df10 MEMSYS-1 @ f1180000
    MEMSYS ERROR: 00000001

Then your Memory is Corrupted

But i still Asume you just Crashed your Partition

You Can Recover it at your own Risk over Telnet with

Code
    sgdisk /dev/mmcblk0 -z -n 1:2048:65535 -c 1:kernel -t 1:8301 -n 2:65536:4194303 -c 2:rootfs -t 2:8307 -n 3:4194304: -c 3:data -t 3:8300

Use this with Care and Try After that

Use some more times

Code
    fdisk -lu / dev / mmcblk0

till you see Partitions are Ok

Load a new Image with Rescue Loader on Box after you see a Partition is Ok and Box will be like Before

With some Risk you will get it Alive again

I am Still on the Search for CAID:0911 for TTV on 16E if anybody see this anywhere let me Know :D

• Thank you for your response, but give same error

1. Warning : could not read CA

2. Warning : Please consider updating your rescue loader

3. Fatal : Do not run this command from rescue mode

• Thank you so much for all this guidance.

Regarding your question# How did you Damanaged your Partition does it Crashed before you Tried to Put new Image on Box ???

Answer : I was changing OpenPli to OpenATV and following same way by IP address and sadly stopped. I'll tried by ipk and dep image's, also doesn't work.

Regarding your question# More Questions did you Installed before the VCP Drivers for Dream ??? Serial Connect

Answer : Yes... but I think you knew that already for Dreambox DM900 we have to use mini usb Silicon Labs CP210x Usb to UART Bridge.

• This is all what I've done with PuTTY.

Password:

• Disable all Cables from Box HDMI and if there is HDD inside take it out and make

Code
    fdisk -lu /dev/mmcblk0

again

you can Try disconnet Power Cable and Press 20 Seconds on Power Button on Front

Plug in Power Cable again and Start Box

but how it Looks your EMMC looks Corrupt

Code
    end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 7634936

you can try to make Partition again

and look if you can upload image after that

Try to Reformat your Internal EMMC and get a Partition back again

Code
    sgdisk /dev/mmcblk0 -z -n 1:2048:65535 -c 1:kernel -t 1:8301 -n 2:65536:4194303 -c 2:rootfs -t 2:8307 -n 3:4194304: -c 3:data -t 3:8300

if not last idea would be to send it to Dream Multimedia and open there a Ticket for Repair

• watch hire ,maybe is help

Dm900 repair, Content-Type: text / html; charset = utf-8 problem etc..
    My repair story, a bit much to read but could be helpful to someone else with this problem. In a weird way my box quit after I turned it off during...
    jb8a8f8.com

update-rescue command in telnet if you already had a recent OE 2.5 image on your box.
    if not download from dreamboxupdate.com latest loader and use flash-rescue .... command:
    flash-rescue
    Usage: /usr/sbin/flash-rescue [-hqtv] <vmlinuz-rescue.bin>

Edited once, last by jhon32 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!