Newbie questions...

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,207 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi People

Im thinking about getting a S11 from fleabay which will be "updated & ready to go" but after reading up on here im unsure of the following...

1) Channel lists: Do these unscramble the channels alone or do I need to setup a card server thingy on the box as well?

2) Setting up a card share server: Can this box do this & will this mean i dont have to keep updating the channel lists via USB?

Many thanks in advance.

• Im thinking about getting a S11 from fleabay which will be "updated & ready to go"

Think about his wisely - i dont think you'll be impressed with how un user friendly i found these openbox to be mate - its the kind of box i'd use in my 6 year olds bedroom or some what akin to a grundig entry level freesat box ! YES the picture is a picture after all its just how useless to drive is my real point !

1) Channel lists: Do these unscramble the channels alone or do I need to setup a card server thingy on the box as well?

Channel lists is exactly that ! A list of channels often organised in the order providers like B$kyB use ect ect
    AND yes
    You will need a $ky subscription yourself which you can share around your house with a computer server "thingy"

2) Setting up a card share server: Can this box do this & will this mean i dont have to keep updating the channel lists via USB?

You will have to update the channel lists often as they get changed by the provider ¬ normal 5ky boxs do it automaticly
    AND
    the card share server is used to share 1 card from an original box to many via a network - These are the basic principles......... You can find Everything you need here in the forum !
    Use the search bar @ the top right corner of the page - Use google - READ READ READ:baffle::confuse::tire:beer10

:rikjaard2:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Thanks rikjaard-real. That has led me to think again as the fleabay ads seem to "insinuate" the openbox they are selling has been "updated" and will show astra 2 scrambled channels straight out the box.

As you say... Time for some serious reading. Hmmmmm....

• OK I know I'm replying to my own post but I've done a bit reading and have a question for all you Openbox guru's...

I have to be careful how I word this as i don't want to break any forum rules...

Q) Can the Openbox to work with online card sharing servers/services?

• YES mate ! but you will need a card in a server somewhere for it to connect to ?

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• There are two options for card sharing. The only one supported on this forum is shares amongst other users. Say you buy a *** uk card and share with a peer and they share a n*** sports subscription (greek) in return. A standard *** minidish won't pick up much more than *** uk though. In theory you could get *** sports and hope to find a peer willing to movies in return.
    There are other options but not supported on this forum.

• There is only one option for card sharing. The other option just previoulsly mentioned is not sharing, it is being ripped off by people who have no care for the hobby.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

The only one supported on this forum is shares amongst other users

REGENOLD AND ALL INTERESTED PARTIES- there is NO cardsharing supported by this site.
    What we DO support is the study of protocols and all linuxsat related : hence the namesake of the site :firework:!
    please do not make this mistake again!!
    As far as what other forums do has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING got to do with this site!!
    Although you could defend your post as simply sharing information we want you to know that it is contrary to what we stand for!
    I suggest you and other interested users take the time to read our forum rules once again carefully!
    There is only ONE way to watch paytv and that is to have an up-to-date- subscription
    Thank you for your comprehension in this matter

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!