TVHeadend Docker Image with ICAM Support x64 and ARMv7 (PI 4 & 3b+)

There are 41 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 10,828 times. The last Post () by nvcshero.

• TVHeadend Docker Image.png

Hello valued community,

I have not been here for long but I hope you like what I have brought. :smiling face: (and I hope I have created the thread correctly. :thinking face: )

I have made it my mission to create and maintain a patched TVHeadend Docker image with ICAM support.

The image is available for X64 and ARMv7, so it also runs on the Raspberry Pi 4 and 3b+.

The Linuxserver code (https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-tvheadend) is used as the basis, which has already built its own image. My Docker images are essentially different due to the ICAM support.

After some searching, I came across a Docker image that has TVH with ICAM support, but I found that this image only runs on X64 and another problem is that it is some commits behind the TVH repo. So I decided to do it right and also build an image for the PI community who would like to run TVH with ICAM on Docker.

You can find the image and all technical information here: https://hub.docker.com/r/thealhu/tvheadend

I am creating this thread for three reasons:

• To have the images tested and to receive feedback.
    • To enable PI users to run TVH with ICAM in Docker (as there seem to be no other images).
    • To answer questions in this thread and solve problems.

I hope you like it and solves a problem for some. :thank_you2:

• Unfortunately, I am unable to contribute to the integration of DVB-S2X support. This is a kernel driver that must be installed on the host system, as there is no kernel in the Docker container, the one used by the host system is used. It may still be possible to install this driver on the host and have DVB-S2X support work in the container, but I cannot test it as I do not have a device that supports DVB-S2X.

• I own a Raspberry Pi 3. Your image works with this version of Rapsberry or only for Pi 4 and 3B+ ? Thanks for your contribution. I do not understand how the association of TVHeadend, Rasberry Pi and Octagon works but I think few explanation will be enough to understand. I mean the simple operation : What does TVHeadend on Raspberry, what does Octagon, how are connected the two ?

Vu + Zero 4K & OpenATV 7.3

• In reality, it runs on every PI, even on the PI 1, but the question is whether the performance is good enough. As for the configuration, I can't help you specifically, but I would recommend making your own thread and reading through others on how to connect your tvheadend with tuner cards or sat 2 ip server and setting up oscam.

but i can recommend this sat 2 ip server for the beginning: https://de.elv.com/telestar-sa…yugaRBZj9PmwIUos07Rqob0EQ
    i use this box as sat 2 ip server with a MAX SX8 (4/8) card : https://www.digital-devices.eu…pus-net-19-rack-server-1u

• I installed TVHeadend Client on the Raspberry Pi with the ip address 192.168.1.75 as root with password of the Octagon SF8008 and I get the message: No response of TVHeadend backend.

Vu + Zero 4K & OpenATV 7.3

• I use Jenkins as a build pipeline because I also need to compile for ARM on a PI 4, and it is the only really good way to do that.

I have now successfully completed the first tests and will now note that on the Docker Hub page.

That means for the next coming commits, images will now be built automatically.

As I use OSCAM myself, it's unlikely.. I would have to take a closer look at NCAM to see what it's so great at... but I also noticed that there is no docker image available for NCAM yet. It's possible that I could take on that task if I like NCAM.

Perhaps you can give me a brief summary regarding NCAM. :)

Edited 2 times, last by theALHU ().

• Ah OK that makes more sense then. Great news.

NCAM is basically OSCAM + OSCAM-EMU but with extra stuff. I'm sure others can better explain the differences but from what I can tell...

- Seems faster than OSCAM

- Supports EMU (PowerVu etc)

- Grabs keys from this site for AFN

- Can grab C and N lines from URL's

EDIT:

From memory all that needs changing in the linuxserver.io Dockerfile for OSCAM...

- Replace the repo of OSCAM with the NCAM one

- Add git

- Replace references to "oscam" with "ncam"

EDIT2:

Here is the Dockerfile I use...

Not really sure how to use all of the from XYZ as buildstage and automation stuff.

That's why I asked if you were interested.

• Thank you :) I will take a look at it in the coming days and maybe I can make a Docker image that updates automatically like my TVH image. However, it needs to convince me enough to switch to it myself, otherwise I will have a hard time supporting the image.

I will let you know and give an update as soon as I can say something about it.

Edited once, last by theALHU ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!