Flashing Image Issue - Help please

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 899 times. The last Post () by esmeralda1.

• Hello everyone, i hope someone can offer a solution to our issue please.

Recently, every time i have tried to flash a fresh image from USB to our

receiver we have the following issues:

The first issue is when unzipping the image we get a message box with the following:

Do you want to copy this folder without encryption?

A problem is preventing this folder from being encrypted.

Yes / No

This never happened in all the years of unzipping/sending an image to a USB. It may

have something to do with the replacing of our laptop as ever since this has always

been happening. Although i cannot think why as the images are downloaded onto the

new laptop and i have tried using a number of usb's never used on the previous laptop.

If i select Yes and send the image to the USB and insert into the receiver in the usual

way to flash the image it always results in the manufacturer's splashscreen appearing

with the rebooting reaching this stage and no further.

I then have to insert another USB which has an old saved backup and reflash in order to

get the receiver back working. So, it is able to flash from the backup but no longer new/fresh images,

This has happened on all images we have tried to flash and with different USB's.

Thanks to anyone who can offer a solution.

• Hello Master G, i've always used 7-Zip. I haven't tried any of those tools in your link but i

will but i'm not sure if it will solve the issue as i have used many usb's without any success flashing.

• Official Post

Sounds like an issue with the new laptop and whatever encryption setting that is messing up your usb's

So best tell us what software the new laptop is running ?

You can FTP an image to your HDD and use "online flash" if you have a compatible image

• Sounds like an issue with the new laptop and whatever encryption setting that is messing up your usb's

So best tell us what software the new laptop is running ?

You can FTP an image to your HDD and use "online flash" if you have a compatible image

Hello jenseneverest, the laptop was bought used and it is a windows 7.

I did as you suggested and ftp'd an image to an images folder in the hdd and

after flashing this way it booted until the manufacturer's spslash screen and no further.

So, it looks like the issue stems from the unzipping of the image and transferring to the usb.

Maybe it will help if i restored the laptop back to factory settings and start again?

• Official Post

im pretty sure you should be able to FTP the zipped file.

Anyways there may be a solution to your issue try this:

this seems to be standard behaviour from Windows 7 when downloading files from https. Just right click on the folder and choose 'properties'. Then 'advanced' - uncheck 'encrypt contents to secure data' - OK - OK. Then the files should no longer be green or encrypted.

• master G

Added the Label Image Flashing Support
  • ZigZag

here mate

[TUTO] How To flash/update Xtrend ET9x00

What you need before we start:

1) A USB stick formatted to FAT32. (Preferably compatibility issues while flashing the image).

2) Image of your choice.

3) Compression software such as 7zip, Winrar, Winzip

PREPARATION

1. Format a USB stick to FAT32.

2. Download the image of your choice and extract it to your desktop.

3. Open the folder you extracted to your desktop, in this case named IMAGE-et9000_usb.zip , you will see another folder named et4x00, this is your image file. Copy the entire et9x00 folder directly to the USB stick.

– Fully power the receiver down via the rocker switch at the rear of the receiver.

– Make sure no USB devices are plugged into the receiver at this point.

– Insert the USB stick containing the image files into one of the USB ports on the receiver.

– Power the receiver on from the rear rocker switch.

– Press the OK button on the front panel ( behind the card flap ), to initiate the flashing process .

– If successful the receiver will reboot it self after the flashing process has completed.

Warning-150x150.png

-Warning-

During upgrading, please don’t unplug power or shut down STB.

Don’t power off within 5 seconds after upgrade is completed.

• esmeralda1 : Thank you for your link but i have been flashing images to a usb for over 15 years and have never had any issues until now.

abu baniaz : Xtrend 10000 and any image that is flashed onto the usb has this issue. If i flash from a backup from the backupsuite or from

the flash online option it is not an issue. But as an example if i wanted to flash and try a new image for example satdream or openvision for the first time then i am unable to for this reason. The image we have been using is Openpli 8.3 but this is also the case when flashed with HDFreaks and OpenATV.

master G : yes we have an HDD installed but i am not familiar with how to disconnect it.

jenseneverest : i will try the procedure you have attached and also try ftp'ing the image again but this time 'unzipped' and see if it helps.

Edited once, last by ZigZag ().

• Official Post

yes we have an HDD installed but i am not familiar with how to disconnect it.

Take the top cover off and disconnect the power cable from the HDD.

99 times out of a 100 an old backup image on the HDD will be causing the issue. This really should be the first thing people check when having this sort of problem.

• Official Post

There was a post on another forum where it was mentioned that it is a file size limitation in the bootloader that affects flashing by USB. Thread title is "Xtrend et10000 stuck in flashing". Just in case it helps:, I attach the bootloader.

That being said, why would you flash by USB when you can flash using the remote/terminal? Although they call the process different names and use different file locations, they in essence use ofgwrite by betacentauri to flash flash the image. You will have to transfer image file to the location that the image you are on uses/accepts. Most will accept the image on root of storage device, others will have a specific location.

ofgwrite -k -r "Directory containing unzipped image"

As an example:

ofgwrite -r -k /media/usb/et10000

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!