Changing Dreambox One for other for IPTV use

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,929 times. The last Post () by Ammar Gaffar.

• Hi (sorry about my english please...) I have a dreambox one ultra HD, but I´m very dissapointed about the alternatives in images and support....so closed and very poor plugins alternatives in my opinion. I use it for IPTV, and the most important things I need is recording and timer, not needed with EPG, with clock programing is ok.

I´m having a lot of problems with JediMakerXtream plugin for IPTV, lot of times when I set timer for recording, nothing is recorded or the IPTV is not connected. (the lists are OK, because I´ve tested them in other devices like Kodi in PC, and no cuts...). I´ve tested all the images, Newnigma2, OpenATV, OpenPli, Opendreambox, Dream-elite....and always have problems and start again...so I´m thinking about sell this box and buy another, no need to conect to satellite so I´m looking for something with good plugins, IPTV alternatives and good working and good recording and timer options.

What do you think about??

Thanks a lot!!

• I have Dreambox One and 920 and the old ones like 7025 and 500, I recently bought Octagon SF8008, the octagon is fast stable, and has many compatible images, for some reason I keep going back to dreambox, don't ask why, I almost mainly use it for IPTV, I even tried other IPTV boxes but nothing comes close to Dreambox or octagon witch are enigma2 based.

if you want a strong device for IPTV that is android based, I would recommend NVIDIA SHIELD, as I own one and it is by far the best android box I ever owned, it has android TV as OS, regularly updated and maintained.

as for the recording on the shield, I have not tested that and I don't know if there is a way to do it, but in Dreambox it does work, it's not reliable like recording via satellite but it works.

Edited 3 times, last by doom470 ().

• Thanks a lot doom470, I´m still trying to put Kodi in the dreambox one, with IPTV Recorder...I´ve been able to install and make it works on Qviart Undro 4K, but in dreambox one, still trying...no way with Corelec or Librelec...still...jaja

• Official Post

I would say that. What you can't do with your Dreambox One UHD (Enigma2) and your IPTV

You want be able to do with anyother Enigma2 based STB.

Recording works just the same on all Enigma2 devices.

When recording from Bouquets, Yes Jedi is not a player it just creates a bouquet with your IPTV channels

They are played by the Enigma2 internal player and recorded the same way. This works the same on all Enigma2 devices.

There is just one thing that might make a diffrence. Other boxes using Open * images can also be used with serviceApp

That might help when it comes to dodgy IPTV.

Also with Jedi you can try the diffrent servicetypes to se if that helps.

You can choose from DVB 1, 4097 and 8193

Otherwise go for a good android box instead of another Enigma2 box since you do not use any Tuner based TV

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything in life that's any fun is either immoral, illegal or fattening

If you want to support the Linuxsat-Support forum

Become a VIP Member

• Personally, I tested many boxes on IPTV including Nvidia Shield, and I found that all hisilicon based chips are by far the best boxes in IPTV, I am not sure about recording, to be honest, but it is operating IPTV very smoothly.

I believe OCTAGON SX888 V2 4K UHD IP E2 Linux Smart TV Receiver would be the best option because it is having dual os E2 Linux & Define OS Linux, and my test was in Define OS which I believe is one of the best OS for satellite receivers for regular use.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!