Help Needed with some Basics

There are 31 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,456 times. The last Post () by Maff101.

• Hi Master G

i was given a tiny url

it downloads a file .. which i wanted to install on my Gigablue box .. but the file is an APK file which i think might be for a F/Stick

• Hi Master G

i was given a tiny url

it downloads a file .. which i wanted to install on my Gigablue box .. but the file is an APK file which i think might be for a F/Stick

Ok Simple answer would have been you were downloading nord vpn yes just looked back if you want vpn on gigablue download VPN Manager from plugins extension on your gigblue then download the openvpn config files for nord vpn.

• so the APK file came from a friend of a friend for me to put on my Gigablue UHD ,which i would have to also put VPN on , but as i have now found out via this forum the APK is android based and cant be loaded on to my Giga (Linux) box so i guess it must be for a Firestick , so i will have to find a similar file but for my giga box as i would like to use all the features provided .

hope that makes sense :smiling face:

• On enigma2 you do not have fully featured vpn app simmilar to android but there are vpn plugins available I mentioned vpn manager with is on there is also one for surfshark which will download the configfiles for you there used to be one specifically for nord but it is python 2 version will not work with latest openatv 7.2 or latest openvix .

• Urie

Thanks for clearing up the VPN question , i will attempt to deal with that at some point :thumbs up: .

i suppose the thing is i will need to ask the supplier of the APK if they have one suitable for my Gigablue box ?

• Urie

Thanks for clearing up the VPN question , i will attempt to deal with that at some point :thumbs up: .

i suppose the thing is i will need to ask the supplier of the APK if they have one suitable for my Gigablue box ?

unless the supplier of the apk was a vpn supplier and has supplied you with vpn username and password forget it none I actually know supply any plugins for enigma2 .

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!