Help with satellites.xml values

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,486 times. The last Post () by Chris230291.

• In this example

Code
    <transponder frequency="11330000" symbol_rate="9140000" polarization="0" fec_inner="3" system="1" modulation="2" onid="8916" tsid="1001" is_id="0" pls_code="174526" pls_mode="1"/>

Can someone tell me all of the possible values for is_id, pls_code and pls_mode and what they correspond to?

I am making a script that parses a satellites.xml file for a none enigma device, so I need to know how to translate them.

I have already successfully translated the other values I need.

• Official Post

Interesting, what device are you doing this for ? this is what i can find:

WHAT IS THE PLS CODE?

Physical Layer Scrambling or PLS is used in DVB-S2 as a form of low level encryption. A receiver will be unable to operate on a channel unless it is provided with the correct PLS code for that channel which can be Gold or Root.

WHAT ARE THE GOLD AND ROOT CODES?

The PLS code can be Gold or Root. In the world of mathematics they are two different types of binary sequence which have been widely used in telecommunications due to their particular properties. For us earthlings they are simply two ways to enter a PLS.

Enigma2 Channel List and Settings Support Forum

Enigma2 channel list - settings and satellites.xml. Support and downloads for custom uk and foreign satellite channel lists or satellites.xml files.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!