I killed my dinobot

There are 70 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,835 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• :loudly crying face: :loudly crying face: :loudly crying face: :loudly crying face: :loudly crying face:

So after 5 years of hammering my dinobot 4k as my main work horse coding/testing machine.
    I have to admit defeat, and it is now time for the scrap heap. It's officially now dead.

Basically I have totally broke it.

I cannot ftp into it at all
    I broke my enigma2 image and can now no longer install any enigma2 image. I have tried hundreds of times. So no enigma2.
    I cannot update android over air as the servers are now dead
    I cannot update firmware via usb as it always shows error android man. I even tried every single firmware update from 2021 back to 2017

Basically I am left with a rather expensive android box, that's stuck on android 7. And that sucks.

Now that throws a big spanner in the works as I only got one other box my vu zero 4k.
    And I can't risk breaking that as its the only thing I got left to watch tv.

I not really got much spare cash for a new toy yet. So at the moment everything is further on hold.

So apologies for people commenting on posts and hoping for some new updates. Everything is going to have to wait a little longer.

:loudly crying face: :loudly crying face: :loudly crying face: :loudly crying face: :loudly crying face:

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Official Post

We need to look after what coders are left in the hobby, as always if you enjoy the plugins kiddac makes and maintains, then help get him a new STB

KiddaC Geld mit PayPal.Me senden
    Folgen Sie dem Link PayPal.Me/kiddac und geben Sie den Betrag ein. Es ist bequem und sicher. Sie haben noch kein PayPal-Konto? Kein Problem.
    paypal.me
  • KiddaC, I have just dug my Dinobot 4K Plus out from the loft and flashed it with ATV 7.3 and it's still working okay.

You're welcome to it if you want it? Just PM me your address and I'll post it tomorrow.

If you're holding out for something newer I'm happy to chip a donation in come pension day :smiling face:

• cheers jensen. Cheers willo. The fact is dinobot (u5pvr) was way ahead of the game when it came out and even in 2023, every quad core box is still pretty much the same same spec and chipset. So whether i buy a cheap octagon, or cheap amiko. They still on par with the good old dinobot even after all these years. But i think its probably time to move on to a newer box and brand that is still being supported. I dont need a hybrid android/enigma box anymore as to be honest i never used the android bit. So i will get a new box in the next few weeks.

• Can't you recover the dinobot 4k using HiTool ?

Also some recovery images posted here: https://www.opena.tv/dinobot-4…-images-2018-07-02-a.html

The full update.zip should recover it I believe, as you don't need to boot e2 or android for it to update.

Just load the zip file onto the root of a usb, put it in the usb port, power on the box and keep pressing ok until it shows "updt" (think I read you have to press ok around 10 times).

• cheers jensen. Cheers willo. The fact is dinobot (u5pvr) was way ahead of the game when it came out and even in 2023, every quad core box is still pretty much the same same spec and chipset. So whether i buy a cheap octagon, or cheap amiko. They still on par with the good old dinobot even after all these years. But i think its probably time to move on to a newer box and brand that is still being supported. I dont need a hybrid android/enigma box anymore as to be honest i never used the android bit. So i will get a new box in the next few weeks.

No worries, I've put some cash into the new box fund.

I would recommend the AX61 if funds stretch to it 2thumbsup.gif

• Ev0

Everything is broke.

I have an android image on it at the moment, but it wont flash any other android firmwares. I have tried every firmware from v1 to v13.

I broke something in the enigma2 build faffing and now I cannot install any enigma2 image as the ofgwrite software never kicks in

I cant ftp/telnet/samba into the box as it just says network connection refused. Thats both wired up straight to ethernet and also wifi.

I have just ordered one of these to see if it works with the comms jack on this box (kindly bought with some of the donations I have received :hugging face: )

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PL230…ter-Stereo/dp/B075GVF9FL/

and then I will see if I can HiTool it. There is a video of how to do this on the dinobot 4k on youtube

If that all fails I will just get a new work box.

• ok i got impatient. My hitools cable is not coming until this evening.

I hard cranked the latest openatv image to my sd card following this dinobot 4k deluxe instructions

U5PVR with Enigma2
    Hello. From today, U5PVR can supports Enigma2. Please follow the procedure below to use dual boot on U5PVR Deluxe mode. Please do...
    u5pvr.blogspot.com

So i got enigma2 back at the moment. Or at least its going through the setup phase... painfully waiting for the manual scan to finish.

Then i need to see if my ftp access comes back. If it does, we are rock and rolling.

But.... then I am going to break it again. Because of all the faffing I have done to my box over the years, that its obvious the android build is a little corrupt.

So I need to go through the motions of going back to square one and reflashing everything which might brick my box again. As its something I have never done before.

If it aint broke, break it.

We have progress, but for how long... who knows.

• ok, things are not working 100% at the moment.

I don't know whether its related to my methods. But I still can't flash online.
    Flashing image blah blah.zip not successful.

Can't install some plugins... i.e my epiconizer via feeds due to extraction errors.

Not following openatv 7.2 releases for a while, is this a known bug, or related to me hacking my build.

Cannot see anything on github relating to compressed file issues. abu baniaz

• There were a few posts about e2 piconizer not installing, I did not follow up on them. Will do now.

Edit:

• balls... just done a software update instead. 72 updates.

Its bricked the image. grrr.

Back to square one. Time to try openvix me thinks. (or stick to the good old openatv 6.4)

• Official Post

think your right in saying there is something wrong with the e2/ android partition. Is there a way to flash android and reset the partitions ? Or better still get rid of android entirely......

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!