boycott openvision images

There are 30 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,398 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• I have just seen that openvision is once again building a negative attitude

towards other E2 teams, based on false allegations.

See: https://github.com/OpenVisionE…c4858d3ae91d95718532feea9

OpenSPA is not open source anymore · Issue #182 · oe-alliance/bootmenu
    Regarding OpenVisionE2/bootmenu@70b60ef It is clear that this team is not using OE-A anymore although OE-A shows OpenSPA as a member but if you check…
    github.com

before there was the same against puree2, Dreambox and others

all teams are doing a great job for the community in my eyes

with E2 images or even plugins.

I have not seen anything from the openvision team themselves, until now everything was just copied and renamed to openvision. Even their build environment is close, was their accusation in the absurdem leads.

An should punish the openvision team for something like this and boycott their image, I hope that many do it with and that the E2 community makes itself strong for the teams that perform what.

• Go to Best Answer
  • HI,

I'm just saying my thoughts

in 2019 OpenVision made the soft for

Dreambox 920 and no other soft had the CI+Plus for the new Cam Tvsat

I don't think they copied it from others. :rasta: :exploding head: :exploding head:

VuSolo_VuSOLO.PRO_VuZero_VuSOLO2 SE_DR.800sim japar ed 800SEsim a8p_Mutant 51_4k_GB.UE.4k_DM.920
  • Yes, typical narrow minded people... do what they say, but not what they do themself.

Anyway, not all is public, did you seen the drivers of hardware for enigma2 boxes available in Source code / Open Source ?... LOL

TS

• Copied from OpenATV, as most of what they stole, also from PurE2/Delfi... without talking about the DreamOne/Two that is cut and paste from OpenATV again (Captain/Storm), even badly as they have no clue of what they do.

TS

• Well if we just had one image instead of all these multiple hybrid teams, maybe the developers between them could create a great image that just worked instead of all this bitching. The entire enigma2 scene is pretty much broken, full of dangerous developers making too many wreckless decisions based on their personal opinion and ignoring years worth of plugins and skins that are now all breaking. (oh I will just change this variable name for no reason, oh I will just change this function name for no reason, I will just refactor all this code and break everything, for no reason) All these teams are to blame trying to out do each other with complete random code that only works on their builds or senior devs copying over broken, useless code to their builds. Nothing can really be classed as based on oe-alliance. It is becoming nearly impossible to create plugins that work on 2 different images never mind all images. Half the teams have gone python 3, several images are still stuck in the past on python 2.7. It is a complete mess.

The word 'open' should be removed from all the teams. (and VTI should just die - as that is the worst of the lot :face screaming in fear:)

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Well if we just had one image instead of all these multiple hybrid teams, maybe the developers between them could create a great image that just worked instead of all this bitching. The entire enigma2 scene is pretty much broken, full of dangerous developers making too many wreckless decisions based on their personal opinion and ignoring years worth of plugins and skins that are now all breaking. (oh I will just change this variable name for no reason, oh I will just change this function name for no reason, I will just refactor all this code and break everything, for no reason) All these teams are to blame trying to out do each other with complete random code that only works on their builds or senior devs copying over broken, useless code to their builds. Nothing can really be classed as based on oe-alliance. It is becoming nearly impossible to create plugins that work on 2 different images never mind all images. Half the teams have gone python 3, several images are still stuck in the past on python 2.7. It is a complete mess.

The word 'open' should be removed from all the teams. (and VTI should just die - as that is the worst of the lot :face screaming in fear:)

Your not a fan of xxxx's work then ?

• Official Post

What i find rather amusing is the images that go "closed source" off the back of opensource code, have very little different themselves that is of any use to the end user anyways. In other words why hide code, when your not doing anything special anyways, that only makes me question what the real intentions are.....

Anyways we have been here before. Just my 2 cents.

• OpenSPA have closed shop recently, but they added the Kodi stuff that the other images are using, they shared it. Even Pure2/Pbnigma have shared and contributed to other images. Persian Prince himself has contributed to the E2 community.

The E2 community/images will be better when there is collaboration. There will always be disagreements, but those should be discussed in a civil manner.

Hate and Ego are the enemies of progress!

I am not going to boycott any image, I will use all of them!

• Best Answer

I am from openATV and to the weekend there were messages in private chats why openATV does not put a patch in the Git,

it is about the ONE/TWO so only a TEST image which we do not even build regularly,

this patch does not come from us, we have an agreement with the developer that we build the patch but do not put in the public Git,

which we also do, there are also other images teams that have also received this patch, the developer himself shares the patch he just does not want this to be public.

Openvision so the Persian Prince then started to agitate against us that we violate the GPL and that he now wants to make this public.

I want to make it clear that we make everything public that comes from us.

We also make our build environment available to everyone

When developers trust us to test non public patches, we respect their decision.

The info from forum user jenseneverest I share, if someone has to hide what is open source, then there is something not quite clean,

I don't want to go into that, but have my security concerns about something like that.

In the end the image team decides about this, we as openATV team also exchange infos with openSPA, Egami PureE2,

so there is a common work.

Finally KiddaC, we don't apologize for dumping old E2 code,

thank you to all who help to keep E2 in the living room.

And please remove from the git the negative info from openSPA and openATV,

they have no place there.

Best statement in ages !

I couldnt agree more, with xxxx being the worst culprit for these totally needless changes.

• It's more than 3 years we boycott these images NoVision/ClosedVision, since we seen the post below,

Code
    https://forums.openpli.org/topic/71892-blacklisted-companiesteamspersons/

Probably the Covid stroke before even we all known about it... LOL

I personally had a lot of laugh already 10 years ago with an image called "Persian Empire" and again such a nickname... this already describes extremly well the narcissism that caracterise this guy.

- On his OP profile

Birthday : December 13, 1989

TS

• 2049cde0d612ae42e40ff2fdc29299d6?s=100&d=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.openpli.org%2Fpublic%2Fstyle_images%2Fmaster%2Fprofile%2Fdefault_large.png

Senior Member1,971 posts

Posted 27 October 2019 - 18:15

There are some stupid companies/teams/persons which want to keep enigma2 closed-source.

Please don't buy their products, don't help them, don't donate anything to them, don't use their images.

If you support them they will grow but we need to fight this kind of behavior together.

* DMM (DreamBox) company which did close their enigma2 sources years ago.

* Japhar team, despite the fact that they're supporting clones they are using everyone's work and don't publish their changes.

* PurE2 team which are using everyone's work and trying to close things like using .so libraries, they don't publish their changes.

* VITMOD which is stealing our sources even our procfs driver without publishing his work.

* SatLodge team which are using PLi's sources but they don't publish their changes.

• Official Post

Well there well have it, the poison princess has its knickers in a knot, because he was not invited to the party :laugh1:

Thanks for clearing things up Captain :thumbs up: ( i would not have expected anything different from openATV anyways)

toysoft you could probably add this forum, my addy, and several other users to that long list of childish complaints from closed vision,

BUT lets just leave the past in the past.

As far as i am concerned, we should not be wasting any time, entertaining any of open vision silly complaints. :pile of poo:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!