Service List vs Bouquets

There are 30 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,243 times. The last Post () by rpl.

• Not sure where to post this as it's a general question applying equally to all images feel free to move where/if more appropriate.

Ever since my first enigma2 receiver I've run into an issue I'm hoping has a simple resolve.

I have no use for Bouquets. In NA if I scan a satellite I have to go through extra steps to make sure this is reflected in a Bouquet or I can't locate it through the web interface. When I'm using the receiver I browse via the Service Lists as that is the most logical.

Is there a setting I've missed all these years which will automatically update Bouquets after a change in the Service Lists ?

Or is there a way to force the WebIF to source the Service Lists instead of the Bouquets ?

Or is there a plugin extension that was built for this purpose that I'm unaware of ?

Thanks

• You are making a fundamental error in reasoning.

Channel (name) is just help for you. For the decoder, it is a string of characters in hex, which will be different each time the program on the satellite is changed.

The simplest solution is to add a new frequency to the alternatives fike. it should then "translate" itself to previously defined values.

• Could you repeat that ?

I can tune a channel directly from the service list and can do so even if it hasn't been added to a bouquet so the use of the bouquet is superfluous.

Without rewriting the code for the webif I realize I have to use bouquets to stream within my house. The question is, is there a setting that automatically makes bouquets from scanned channels OR is there an addon that adds that functionality.

The third option for me is to have a script that does that but I wouldn't know where to start.

• Official Post

The point of bouquets/favourites is to have your favourite channels in them. Scanning for channels is one process, creating bouquets is another. Depending on which providers you are viewing, there are plugins that will combine the two.

In OpenWebif, you can click on satellites, select the satellite, then select the channel just like on the remote.

EDIT: All channels is there too. But you cant jump to a channel letter using the numeric keypad like you can on a remote.

With regards to adding a channel to a bouquet, I am curious as to how you would not be able to find it for movement purposes, but you can for viewing purposes. The only difference is to view it, you press OK. To copy it you press Menu. Anyway, you don't have to use bouquets/favourites if you don't want to.

That being said, the service list (lamedb) is not updated automatically. Only the transponder you select/view are owing to the background scan. You still have to scan. Non-working channels are not removed automatically either. Yes, you can enable the "clear before scan" option, but that will only work if the transponder is still listed in satellites.xml file. Ultimately, it is the same problem: channels changing transponders.

• Not sure if we're talking past each other but some more information.

I'm using a dm900 with an OE2.5 image - no Openwebif just WebInterface which is DM's version. Antiquated I know but I've tried Openwebif with the programs I use for streaming via android boxes and they don't play quite as nice together...

Here in NA we don't point a Ku band dish at a sat and pick up a thousand channels from several different providers. In that scenario I can see how it would be useful to have bouquets to sort that mess. I use mostly blindscans on cband - go on lyngsat and see how that works and you might understand where I'm coming from.

Looks like I'll have to get some help scripting something that will do what I'm after.

• never used dm webinterface, but if its roughly the same as openwebif then...

your last scan, should be in a folder called last scanned (or favourites). In openwebif Clicking on the TV icon for this folder will create an m3u8 playlist that you can use on your home network if your box is on.
    I assume this might be the same on dm webinterface

pasted-from-clipboard.png

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• That is correct but ultimately I'm trying to do this direct on an android device with no intervention on a pc/browser.

More difficult than I imagined because everyone uses bouquets so Dreamdroid and the Enigma2 pvr addon in Kodi are hard-coded to access those even though the functionality exists in the webif to do more.

Still can't find a way to make an image spit out a single m3u8 of all channels either.

• Try this command on your box

Code
    curl -s http://127.0.0.1/ajax/channels |grep "web/stream.m3u?" | sed 's/.*ref=//' |cut -f1 -d"&" >/tmp/reference.txt

In file /tmp/reference.txt you should have reference of all scaned services. If it works then adjust the formula. Tested with openwebif.

Optionally this one, when you have trans coding option

Code
    curl -s http://127.0.0.1/ajax/channels |grep "jumper8001" | sed 's/.*ref=//'|cut -b 26- |cut -f1 -d"'" >/tmp/reference.txt

If you don't have curl (that is mostly not installed default)

try for example this command

Code
    opkg install curl

Edited 2 times, last by rpl: additional command ().

• Ok I tried with Openatv 6.4 and was able to install curl and run the first command.

I see the service references is this useful for building an .m3u list by adding appropriate headers and such is that what this output would be used for ?

• Yes, exactly it. This is minimal what is needed, adding headers is the easy part.

For example

Code
    sed 's/^/http:\/\/127.0.0.1:8001\//' /tmp/reference.txt > /tmp/reference.m3u

Edited once, last by rpl: command added ().

• E: Unable to locate package curl

Can't even get started lol. I'll check for other ways to get curl installed...

Hey dumb question probably but...

I've always wondered what the mechanism is for updating an image. In Dream-Elite 6.0 I get the above when trying to install curl but it can be installed in OpenATV6.4 no problem.

I get that Dream-Elite is no longer supported (and when I try to 'apt update' in telnet I get many Error 404's) but isn't there a way to add a package like curl to an older image or does that run the risk of corrupting the image by updating some system files ?

• Lack of access to repositories definitely slow down many things. Updating some system files is not recommended, many risk factors. Some packages are harder to move than the other. Risk when adding new package is low, unless it overwrites existing files. Opkg usually checks and prevent that.

Curl package is just a single binary file in openatv stored in /usr/bin/curl

You may try copy that in the same place and then change privileges on that file (chmod 755 /usr/bin/curl) and it could work. That will be without risk to your image in this case.If you copy only binary without overwriting files it will only by used by you and not something crucial to stability of your image.

Despite architecture for binary, curl depends on few libraries from image and that may be cause errors when you doing this operation. When the libraries are to old or missing, a rabbit hole is a good expression here. Ldd is a command to check library dependencies, but again not installed by default.

Anyway to get around missing curl problem, this command may be also with wget.

Code
    wget -qO- http://127.0.0.1/ajax/channels |grep "web/stream.m3u?" | sed 's/.*ref=//' |cut -f1 -d"&" >/tmp/reference.txt

There are different versions of wget in different images, that mean set of commands are also different and so on and on. Those days I use generally curl for sanity, but with wget may still work for you and it will be easier if it did.

• I did found some time to prepare a script to do all the necessary actions to create ready playlist file from all services.

The result should be two playlist file, one for radio and one for tv in /tmp. Change ip in and file location in script appropriate to your setup.

One script with wget second with curl command. It may take some time to execute the script depending on channel numbers and hardware speed.

• I changed 'PREFIX' to the ip of the sat receiver and ftp'd the script to /tmp and changed permissions to 755 then ran the script from a terminal logged into the box.

Code
    root@dm900:/tmp# ./playlist.sh
    wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
    TV Services
    Total number of services: 0
    wget: server returned error: HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
    Radio Services
    Total number of services: 0
    OK
    root@dm900:/tmp# ./playlist.sh

What did I do wrong ?

Edited once, last by zayden ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!