Service List vs Bouquets

There are 30 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,287 times. The last Post () by rpl.

• This repeats presumably 2671 times there's so many I'm not about to count to be certain lol.

I looked up line 45 in your script but it's over my head. Any ideas ?

• /usr/bin/bc usualy

bc is another binary. Hex to dec conversion. You can try without that. # on 44,45,49. You will be missing separate SID parameter in playlist. That’s only important on channels with common PMT Pid. Old practice, Polsat used to do that but not anymore. Also TVCabo and MEO but I didn't check if they still do that.

• Ok so that worked but took somewhere between 25 to 30 minutes to produce both tv and radio files.

Openwebif is not as snappy as it should be so this might be causing the extended processing times. I presume it shouldn't take nearly that long ?

It seems the list is prepared in alphabetical order by 'tvg-name' instead of by satellite as retrieved by the 'AJAX' command why is that ?

Also many channels have multiple entries instead of the single entry one would find when using the webif. The entries are not identical of course maybe they are for alternate audio streams and such ?

Edited once, last by zayden ().

• Ok so that worked but took somewhere between 25 to 30 minutes to produce both tv and radio files.

Openwebif is not as snappy as it should be so this might be causing the extended processing times. I presume it shouldn't take nearly that long ?

That is very long. It takes me usually 5 minutes directly on box. On PC it gets faster.

It seems the list is prepared in alphabetical order by 'tvg-name' instead of by satellite as retrieved by the 'AJAX' command why is that ?

AJAX gives it alphabetical. Didn't sorted it or filtered additionally.

Also many channels have multiple entries instead of the single entry one would find when using the webif. The entries are not identical of course maybe they are for alternate audio streams and such ?

Yes. That is one of the reasons. Separate channels with audio still occurs, that is a practice for cable networks, when every PID counts for decoding to CAM. Second reason is that some operators use doubling as a way to flooded their decoders with "more" channels. So they repeat a channel on several positions in "their" channel list that way. Third reason is that sometimes there are two providers that use the same channels but have separate entries, for example for EPG, coding and etc (Cabo and MEO is again example here). And so on. That can be helped when retrieving all channels from the box.

The record I spotted is Polsat News on 13E, seven times. Promoting own channel on a market with strong competition, or just making sure that customers not miss the news 😉 Either way it looks like this.

• Ok thanks that's good information on how to make an .m3u from the channels on the box will have to do some research on how to tweak from there.

Another thing I would like to be able to do is make my Bouquet list automatically mirror the service list. I can of course do it with the remote control (green button-green button-menu-copy to bouquets) but how does one call the functions the box uses by way of a script ?

Edited 2 times, last by zayden ().

• Creating a playlist most likely can be done better using something more advance than bash, and not relaying on openwebif. Step forward for sure.

Looking at the problem and ready to use solutions I also found this interesting plugin called <<AjPanel>>. If you don't mind using 3rd party plugins outside the feed.

There is an option "Export Services to "channels.xml" and its way faster than ajax. But still action from remote is required.

About that another thing. The code of described function is defined in

Code
    ChannelSelection.py
    ChannelContextMenu
    addServiceToBouquetOrAlternative

That would be writing a python script is you need that automatic, but that is more advanced. Anyway something to research. Perhaps plugin called autobuquets maker will be enough for you here.

• XML file is not a playlist but it is mainly for storing and exchanging data. So Import/export format. There are many conversion tools online. Mostly for m3u to xml in other direction less. I don't know the player that use its direcly. But something like kodi or some add-on to that or apps like Samsung Smart TV.

Anyway since it is structured so it can be done automatic by script. So slight modification to previous bash script. Although there is different sorting in XML, file it is alphabetical, but also sorted by satellite position. TV and Radio are one list.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!