ZGemma - Zoom, Backup Image and more.

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 556 times. The last Post () by curioustv.

• Hi guys, now that I've had a bit more time to test the receiver, I have a few more questions about it I hope

you can help me with. These are the following.

Receiver and image: ZGemma H7C, OpenATV 7.3.

- Zoom. How do I activate the zoom for any TV channel and video playback? Teletext has a zoom feature,

but I can't find the way to zoom the TV and video picture. A at least x8 zoom with the option to move it up,

down, left and right would be great. If OpenATV can not do it for any reason, what Image can?

- Backup Image. Does this feature from the menu actually backup the whole image and all settings? the

whole partiition where the Image is installed or the 4 partitions? And, if so, how do I restore it? by

flashing it from a USB pendrive?

- PREV and NEXT keys. How do I advance to the next or previous videos or pics in a directory with many

videos or pics? the PREV and NEXT keys seem not to work. Having to move the cursor down to go to the

next file and hitting Play again is annoying.

- GoTo function. Is there a GoTo function, a way to advance to a certain time in video or even audio files

by introducing manually the time?

- Aspect Ratio. How to change or swap the aspect ratio? the VMode function and the selections from the

video modes menu seem not to work...

- Disabling TV and Radio. Is there a way to disable the TV, and also Radio, while a recording is going on?

I mean, to save unnecessary processing usage if you are not watching anything while the receiver is

recording, also when scheduled recordings are on, and also while you are just browsing the menus

and don't want to watch TV just yet. For scheduled TV recordings it would be great if the receiver

could not decode the video as it records or could move to some menu page to show just this.

- Air Digital Logo. Any way to dim or power off the Air Digital logo on the front display? Very bright

especially at night...

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

• complete backup gives you choice of what partition to backup you can restore from usb or with online flash from where you stored backup image

you can also save settings backup that is settings only not full partition image.

• complete backup gives you choice of what partition to backup you can restore from usb or with online flash from where you stored backup image

you can also save settings backup that is settings only not full partition image.

You mean saving settings alone from the other entry of the menu, right? Or the 'Backup Image' feature

gives you the option of choosing saving settings only too?

I'm saving settings with the saving settings alone entry in the menu just in case anything goes wrong.

But with the test I did with the second receiver, original clean Image flashed and then restoring the

saved settings, the Multiboot selection came out wrong, as Mode 1 instead of 12. Also the network

password had to be re-entered. So I guess a complete Image backup should restore everything 100%

as it was, including plugins, settings, everything. And must be a faster method.

• I don't have the zgemma h7c only xgemma h9 combo and a Gigablue uhd quad 4k so I do not have Mode 1 o2 12

but when making an image backup I do not get option to backup settings , I do get that choice if i want to flashonline , but i normally just backup settings manually.

• Just in case someone needs it:

By testing all keys I've found out that actually there is a GoTo function in OpenATV. To activate it,

long press the forward or backward or next or previous keys, not the Next and Prev keys, and

then a window will show up to introduce the time you want in minutes.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!