OpenATV 7.3 - ZGemma. How to configure a key on the remote control for PiP.

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,292 times. The last Post () by giopet.

• Hi,

I just checked a bit OpenWebIf and saw that its virtual remote control has a PiP key which actually

works, but the ZGemma's remote control doesn't have this specific key. To avoid having to go

through the menus to activate PiP, how could I assign a key, long press if needed is fine, to activate

PiP with the physical remote control?

I thought of trying the HotKeys functions, but before that I'd like to know if there is another way

already available.

Also, I would like to assign another key to make the InfoBar visible permanently. Long pressing the

OK key would be fine.

Thanks.

• For example starting PIP with yellow button, Menue/Setup/Usage & Gui/Hotkey Settings,then press Yellow button/InfoBar/Show PIP,then Save it with green button, you can then start PIP with the yellow button.

1_0_19_283D_3FB_1_C00000_0_0_0_20230704181630.jpg

Dall'inizio del 2024 chiudo la mia attività per quanto riguarda E2 per problemi di salute.

Ab Anfang 2024 werde ich meine aktivität bezüglich E2 aus gesundheitlichen Gründen beenden.

• Thanks, guys!

Yes, I can activate PiP by accesing the Extensions menu long pressing the blue button, but

then you have to scroll down and hit the 'Activation' entry... Many hits, so I want a faster

way, just hitting one key like the virtual remote control does.

I will try it later when I get home. Cool for the PiP feature. But what about the InfoBar? I want

it to stay permanently when long pressing the OK key and then making it disappear with the

Exit key. Is it posible to do this also with the HotKeys configuration?

• InfoBar permanently with OK Long is not possible via HotKey,but you can make the InfoBar permanently under Menue/Setup/Usage & GUI/OSD Settings/InfoBar Timeout = No Timeout,then it remains permanent when you press the OK button and you can extit from the InfoBar with the exit button..

1_0_19_283D_3FB_1_C00000_0_0_0_20230704204248.jpg

Dall'inizio del 2024 chiudo la mia attività per quanto riguarda E2 per problemi di salute.

Ab Anfang 2024 werde ich meine aktivität bezüglich E2 aus gesundheitlichen Gründen beenden.

• InfoBar you can´t permanently with OK Long,but you can make the InfoBar permanently under Menue/Setup/Usage & GUI/OSD Settings/InfoBar Timeout = No Timeout,then it remains permanent when you press the OK button and extit from the InfoBar with the exit button..

1_0_19_283D_3FB_1_C00000_0_0_0_20230704204248.jpg

Yes, thanks, I knew that, but I don't like it permanently like that, I want it on only when I need it in some

cases like when checking the TV signal and such. Hmm, if not the OK key, perhaps another key? Maybe

there could be another way to do it...

• I have test it with some keys,but no way here with Hotkey,sorry.

• OK, so I've assigned the PiP function to the Back key which is more handy than the yellow key,

and also because it was configured to show the History Zap and this was already available

with the Prev and Next keys.

Also assigned the PiP-Zap swapping feature to the Back key, but with the Long pressing. Both

work nicely. Although if PiP is used with video playback, neither work, I don't know why, so

you have to press the blue key to select the PiP-Zap feature - of course in order to use PiP

while playing back a video you have to activate first PiP and then load the video, because if

you try activating PiP while the video is already being played you get an error message, and

I guess this is normal.

• If you are checking signal, you can use the signal finder applet. Pressing Exit will exit the current screen almost everywhere. Otherwise people would be locked in and be unable to do anything else.

Not only checking the signal meter, also some other details like the blue progress bar or whatever.

Now that you mention it, what is the signal finder applet? where is it? not sure if I saw that...

• Official Post

Most people watch what is on the TV and occasionally check how long left. Do you really want how long is left of the program to obscure your viewing of the program? Surely check it and let it timeout by itself. If you have set it to not time out, do not press the exit button and it will always be there forever. I think second infobar (press OK twice) on ATV works slightly differently to other images and does not time out. (Not 100% sure though)

Signal finder is in the same place as all the tuner/scanning applets/plugins. On ATV it is the "Reception" group. Other images have them in "Tuners and scanning/Service Searching"

• I'll have a look at that signal finder, maybe I saw it but I don't remember now what that was exactly.

Regarding the second InfoBar, I have it activated but actually I have not seen it yet... weird. I did

try pressing the OK key twice several times just in case it could stay permanent, but it didn't,

and that didn't show any second bar... hmm, not sure it this second bar not showing up has

something to do with the configuration I modified a bit with the MetrixHD plugin this skin has.

Anyway, I'll have a look later whe I get home.

Thanks.

• Like abu says. That is exactly my infobar setup

pasted-from-clipboard.png

With my skins (and probably many others) the 2nd infobar includes the infobar

So normal inforbar times out after 3 seconds
    2nd infobar (ok twice) with infobar stays on screen until you press ok again (or exit)

As for PIP key, another option is you can just edit the keymap.xml file

/usr/share/enigma2/keymap.xml

<key id="KEY_SCREEN" mapto="activatePiP" flags="b" />

just change "KEY_SCREEN" to another key (comment out the original keys function <!-- -->)

pasted-from-clipboard.png

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Thanks. PiP is fine now with the Back key. I will do some testings with both InfoBars to see what can

be done with them.

Now, a more important feature I'd like to enjoy and, asked about it here but nobody answered yet,

and I can not find any info about it anywhere: Zoom. Is it possible to have zoom for live TV and

video playback with the OpenATV image? If not, is there any other image that does it? I could try

any other image installing it on another multiboot slot since I have 3 free yet.

OpenATV's Teletext has zoom, so I guess it could also be implemented for live TV and video

playback. Maybe it's already there but I haven't seen it...

• I dont think you can zoom in and out the tv picture. But you can change the aspect ratio.

probably v.mode button on zgemma (or long hold green)

<key id="KEY_VMODE" mapto="toggleAspectRatio" flags="m" />

<key id="KEY_GREEN" mapto="aspectSelection" flags="l" />

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Too bad zoom wouldn't work... no Image team has been able to make it work?

I don't understand why. I still have an old dual tuner DVB-T Linux receiver, HMR-2000, which

does zoom pretty well, zooming in even at x8 and with the option to move the screen

up/down/left/right.

• Hi all, I have a zgemma H7s with openatv 7.3 image, how do you enable the picture in picture function? I tried, as suggested a few posts before, to press and hold the blue button, but no choice appears to activate the PIP. Even trying to assign the specific function to a key, the possibility of assigning the enable PIP function does not appear. Where can I find the PIP function in openatv 7.3 ?

• Try please on Multiboot with mode12,only with mode12 PIP is installed.

OpenATV Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

OpenATV Supported Models ~ Airdigital, Amiko, Anadol, Atemio, Atto, AX Technology, Axas, Beyonwiz, Dinobot, Dreambox, Edision, EVO, Ferguson, Formuler, Galaxy Innovations, Gigablue, Golden Interstar, HDBox, Hitube, James Donkey, IQON, Izibox, Jepssen, Maxdigital, Medialink, MaXytec, MediaArt, Megaset, Miraclebox, MK-Digital, Mut@nt, Novaler, Octagon, Odin, Optibox, Protek, PULSe, Qviart, Red-Eagle, Relook, Roxxs, SAB, Sezam, Sogno, Space, Spycat, Technomate, Telestar, Tiviar, T-Rex, Uclan, Venton Unibox, Vimastec, VisionNet, VU+, VUplus, World Vision, Vizyon, WWio, Xsarius, and Xtrend.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!