Occasional picture freezing

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 913 times. The last Post () by Chris230291.

• I know from previous experience when I encountered a lot of freezing and when I checked Live Log in OSCam Webinterface I've seen disconnects or timeouts etc. And fair enough I did understand the issue is with my line provider. At the moment I found a stable provider and have none of these issues (In fact I have multiple lines from different providers) and there are no timeouts or anything in the Live Log ecm report found within 500-600ms despite that my picture does freeze occasionally and I'm at a loss because I can't figure out why, what should be my next steps to diagnose the issue?

My setup is

Zgemma H9S (LAN connection - stable internet)

Latest OpenATV 7.3

OSCam: CyCeCplus Build: r11718

• Official Post

500-600ms despite that my picture does freeze occasionally

That ECM time is too high to be considered stable.

Standard ECM time direct from a real card is around 140ms. Your ECM is 4 times higher than what it should be, meaning your "stable provider" doesn`t have a real card and is probably 2-3 shares away from the server that provides it.

There`s nothing you can change in the oscam configuration that will reduce ECM times.

• That ECM time is too high to be considered stable.

I had no idea half a sec. response time is considered high and can be the cause of freezes. Thanks.

It could be fake/bad ecms, You could try enabling doublecheck.

Just enabled it and ECM times jumped to 2.5s (Live Log also shows ssomething called real time which is new to me) So far so good I will test it out.

By the way do you know where I can download a nice clean and latest oscam conf ? I think my installed version is very far off the default

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!