strange satellite problem

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 739 times. The last Post () by Clive01.

• Hi, i have a strange issue, wondered if anyone has any ideas.

I have a channel master 1.2 metre dish, all satellites are fine, from 53 east to 30 west, but for some reason 7 west is given me problems.

If i to to 7 west, i get a picture some fregs are ok others have freezing and high ber.

If i take out the v box and join the 2 cables from the LNB the picture is fine, no problems at all.

Put the cables back into the v box, and i get bad freezing again, and also high ber.

Ive tried a new LNB different v box, replaced the cable no luck, i dont know if it is becasue when the cables go into the v box, like almost like the signal is being spilt.

Anyone got any ideas, its really bugging me. i know 7 west is weak in the uk, but why is the picture fine with no v box connected.

• Official Post

Any breaks or joins in the coax cable will reduce your signal. So the less you have interfering with the cable the better.

Coax Cable quality and length are also important. Do not have the cable longer than i needs to be, especially if your dish is over 30 meters away.

As you say signal on 7west is weak in the UK and i have similar issues with my CM 1.2

If you give me the channel names you have issues with, i will report back what signal i get on mine.

• hi thanks

its the dubai racing channel hd all channels on freg 12418 h 3/4, dubai one hd is also effected

There are no breaks in the cable, they go into the v box directly, the only reason i joined the cable is its easier for me to use a joiner to take away the v box from the satellite circuit for testing.

I cant understand why they dont freeze, with no v box in circuit add it, then i get freezing.

• Official Post

Okay just done blind scan of 7 west - 1.2 CM in the Essex area, using VU ultimo 4k with AVL 6222 tuner and Primesat Vbox connected

Dubai Racing 1 HD - SNR - 9.5 DB

Dunai Sports 2 HD - SNR - 9.6 DB

Dubai Sports 1 HD - SNR - 9.6 DB

Dubai One HD - SNR - 9.7 DB

Not any break up with those channels.

But.....

Kurdsat HD - 11449 H 27500 5/6, this has a lot of breakup despite a SNR of 9.2 DB, tomorrow will try without the Vbox connected to here to see if it is any better ?

On most sats 9.2 DB would not be an issue for me.

As you say the Vbox should not really be affecting things, but is dose slightly reduce signal, perhaps that is enough if your marginal on signal anyways......

• thanks, sounds like the same thing, i have some channels with 50% quality but freezing, yes on other satellites i have 44% quality with no freezing.

I do get some same numbers of ber on 7 west, not all channels but some.

Dubai Racing 1 HD - SNR - 8.5 DB to 9.0 DB here 50% quality but some freezing, not lots but some ber going from 0 to 66 with v box installed

Edited 2 times, last by Clive01 ().

• Official Post

Unfortunately unless we are using the same STB comparing SNR - DB levels is difficult, it is not really a precisely reported figure by enigma2........

The BER you get is what worries me, ( i get none - 0 )

there must be something affecting that, related to your Vbox..... things like Wifi routers, home plugs, chargers, wireless phones ETC ETC

You could try turning off anything like that you have, that may affect it and see if it helps ??

I use an inverto LNB that filters out 4g signals, it is slightly better for signal than a few other LNB's i have played about with (especially when rain affects signal)

Inverto Low Noise Satellite LNB with 4G Filtering
    The Inverto LNB range are available with 1, 2, 4 or 8 outputs and feature low phase noise, low power consumption and built-in 4G/LTE filtering
    connectec.uk
  • hi, im using a

TWIN INVERTO BLACK ULTRA LNB LMB DUAL DOUBLE SATELLITE LOW NOISE HIGH GAIN 2 WAY.

I know a dect phone can give issues, i did try unplugging that, made no difference, i do have the v box, next to some other electicial stuff, like tv satellite stbs, dab radion, dvd recorder sound bar, so maybe that is worth a try to unplug them.

i might even try a different lnb maybe the same as you use, or are we using the same one, i dont recall ever seeing anything about 4 or 5 g being blocked on my lnb box, that it came in

thanks for your replies, gives me a few things to try.

i have tried a different v box, as i have another one here, but that also caused the same issues

Edited once, last by Clive01 ().

• hi all

I spent most of my day yesterday looking at this, i took the v box outside near the dish, put one cable into the stb and watched dubai racing, no problem, i then added the v box and bang.

Im now 99% certian, its the fault the v box is spilting the signal all be it very slightly, that is causing this.

I wanted to make sure it wasnt anything in the house causing the issue, things like sound bars, phones etc etc.

Im only getting 48% quailty with a little ber with no v box connected, the signal stays around the sam, but the ber goes up quite a bit.

I guess if i want to watch 7 west, ill just have to remove the v box.

I did try not even plugging the v box into the mains socket, but have the dish feed going into it, and the problem was still there.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!