Rename Channels

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 967 times. The last Post () by lentomies.

• Hello,

I just got a new Octagon sf8008 and am new to linux receivers, but not to linux. I haven't been able to find an easy, direct way to rename a channel. Am I missing something obvious? By logging into the box from my linux computer, I did find a satellite file, so I am sure the channel lists are kept somewhere. How do most users edit channel names?

Thanks!

Octagon SF8008 :dish:

• Official Post

If only a few channels, it is probably easier to rename them using the remote control. Press the menu button while in channel list (not EPG view).

The dvb channels are stored in lamedb file in /etc/enigma2. You can also rename channels in the bouquet files. Those ending in

.tv and .radio also in /etc/enigma2

• Değiştirmek istediğiniz kanal da iken, kanal listesi menü rename kanal ismi değiştir seçeceğiz var. Buradan PC olmadan Buket adınıza değiştirebilirsiniz.

:Translate:

While in the channel you want to change, there is the channel list menu, we will choose rename change channel name. From here you can change your name to Bouquet without a PC.

Edited once, last by master G: Please respect the forum rules and post in English only! ().

• If only a few channels, it is probably easier to rename them using the remote control. Press the menu button while in channel list (not EPG view).

The dvb channels are stored in lamedb file in /etc/enigma2. You can also rename channels in the bouquet files. Those ending in

.tv and .radio also in /etc/enigma2

A while back I was able to press the menu button and edit the channel name like you said but now it seems this option has disappeared. How can I get it back?

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!