Forum Support

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 370 times. The last Post () by lonigan257.

• Hello Family,

I just got into FTA satellite here in North America. I use a 90cm satellite dish to get Ku band. I can see satellites from 77W to 101W.

I want to learn what I need to look for when buying a new satellite receiver.

How can I receive help on this subject?

Thank you!

• master G

Approved the thread.
  • It kind of depends on your expertise in the hobby in general. I find the most useful features are blind scanning, the ability to organize your channels and satellites, and ease of use when you just want to watch tv. Linux based receivers have the added benefit in that you can telnet in to them and use them much like a typical linux distro. But you don't have to do all of that to enjoy a new receiver.

This forum is a great place to learn and get help, just ask sensible questions and offer help when you can give it. Most common questions have already been talked about, use the search and read, read and read some more!

Octagon SF8008 :dish:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!