Dreambox different models video quality

There are 47 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,795 times. The last Post () by nexx45.

• Gutimine multiboot plugin now supports on DreamOne/Two the Open images... at the end he understood that missing these was a big minus for these new boxes for DMM...

And Open images are really working smoothly on DreamOne/Two... I use them everyday on my 2 x DreamOne and 2 x DreamTwo.

I have also a DM900UHD and a DM920UHD, nice boxes but I am scared these heat up too much and die... already got my second DM900UHD that lost it's RJ45, probably the Chipset balling / failed on the network/RJ45 tracks, and it's not possible to replace the broadcom chipset... on DM9x0UHD that are very weak related to overheating.

TS

• I will try it again and hope it works well
    I will miss specifically ajpanel and see if everything else work ok or not.

many thanks

• The sound on the IPTV channels is not controlled by the Dream Remote. Or has the problem been resolved?

This is very important for me - I don't watch satellite channels, but only IPTV. That's why I bought the Fire Stick.

• The sound on the IPTV channels is not controlled by the Dream Remote. Or has the problem been resolved?

This is very important for me - I don't watch satellite channels, but only IPTV. That's why I bought the Fire Stick.

You talk about which image you tested, as the sound was good, but then was even adjusted better with sync, on all latest images (2023), like OpenATV 7.3 and OpenPLi 8.xstar (few weeks old) have latest sound version, and we are preparing (I think in 6-8 weeks) the exteplayer3/FFMpeg as well, that will give us full independence from the DMM libraries for the streaming/IPTV (adding as well the Dash Compatibility).

TS

• I will try it again and hope it works well
    I will miss specifically ajpanel and see if everything else work ok or not.

many thanks

Try first with only 1 image in Flash, and install plugins with it. To see how it goes (Plugins MUST be Python 3).

You have the choice between OpenATV 7.3 and OpenPLi 8.xstar.

Then after, you can play with multiboot if you really want.

TS

• The Open images are not optimized to run with DM One/Two.

There are sound, image quality and smothness problems.

To me you have no clue of what you talk about, and its normal you have no source code (the one you should know is exactly the git from DMM used to compile the open images), and the "extra" stuff is not public so your guess is wrong. You have no source code of enigma2 from DMM, and neither the one for open images... so you just talk empty without anything in your hands.

TS

• I only have in my hands the OpenATV image. I have tested it and... is too far from what is expected to!

• Then try my image, OpenPLi 8.xStar, and perhaps you tested the one of last december for OpenATV, there is few released since (last beggining of september),

openATV Nightly Downloads

openATV Nightly Downloads

and OpenPLi 8.xStar, see below

TS

DreamOne : OpenPLi 8.xStar 20230822 GSt 1.20.5 (Original)

openpli-enigma2-8xstar-dreamone_20230822_Original.rootfs.tar.gz

OpenPLi Release by OpenPLi Team, August 22nd, 2023

- Python 3.9.9

- GStreamer 1.20.5

- FFMpeg 5.1.2 and Exteplayer3, ServiceApp (No Dash Support yet)

- EPGImport Built-in

- AC3+/DDP/EAC3 support

- Feeds online (For Wifi/DVB-T Dongles)

- DVB-T USB, Trial Tuner, from JAM (Hauppauge, A867, etc)

- Wifi Realtek, Ralink, Mediatek Supported

- IPTV Support with Built-in

1300 Free To Air FREE IPTV Channels from their broadcaster

100+ VoD Free To Air Public Domain Movies and more coming soon (Charlot, Keaton, etc)

MEGA DreamOne :

Code
    https://mega.nz/file/b75zhYzK#IMiO98giYiTLe1upichuYCIH_88aXextcFGSK57I58Y

DreamTwo : OpenPLi 8.xStar 20230822 GSt 1.20.5 (Original)

openpli-enigma2-8xstar-dreamtwo_20230822_Original.rootfs.tar.gz

OpenPLi Release by OpenPLi Team, August 22nd, 2023

- Python 3.9.9

- GStreamer 1.20.5

- FFMpeg 5.1.2 and Exteplayer3, ServiceApp (No Dash Support yet)

- EPGImport Built-in

- AC3+/DDP/EAC3 support

- Feeds online (For Wifi/DVB-T Dongles)

- DVB-T USB, Trial Tuner, from JAM (Hauppauge, A867, etc)

- Wifi Realtek, Ralink, Mediatek Supported

- IPTV Support with Built-in

1300 Free To Air FREE IPTV Channels from their broadcaster

100+ VoD Free To Air Public Domain Movies and more coming soon (Charlot, Keaton, etc)

MEGA DreamTwo :

Code
    https://mega.nz/file/K7BxQShR#i0rSwajjLopd84rGegqCfaPdlAIy0rnOHQBOCEyERHo
  • you mean I should use either openatv or openpli on the internal flash of the device?
    is it safe?
    if it works with no bad effects on the device itself it will be great to try.

then I will use openmultiboot or you mean something else?
    and pls mention the way to flash the device with openatv
    is it the same methode used with dreamos with a browser using the device ip or what?

• you mean I should use either openatv or openpli on the internal flash of the device?
    is it safe?
    if it works with no bad effects on the device itself it will be great to try.

then I will use openmultiboot or you mean something else?
    and pls mention the way to flash the device with openatv
    is it the same methode used with dreamos with a browser using the device ip or what?

Yes, it's perfectly safe.

The past issue with OpenATV was linked to the multiboot software BarryAllen ou such, that wasn't managing properly the open images, but this is also fixed nowdays as the author finally understoon that having open images for these new boxes was a plus...

So, YES you can no problem flash OpenPLi or OpenATV in the FLASH as the only image on your DreamOne/DreamTwo... this is what I have on my 2 x DreamOne and 2 x DreamTwo boxes.

eg :

openpli-enigma2-8xstar-dreamone_20230822_Original.rootfs.tar.gz

openpli-enigma2-8xstar-dreamtwo_20230822_Original.rootfs.tar.gz

Yes, the method is exactly the same, get the file .tar.gz and flash it via the WebIf, as you do for DMM images. And don't worry about the log messages during flash, the composition of DMM and Open images is different, so just finish flash and reboot.

TS

• Ok great
    I will try openpli
    if I want to run some other images on a multiboot?
    what plugin will be suitable ?
    is it open multiboot or what?
    and will I be able to run dreamos images on the multiboot?

• I had four Dreamboxes TWO and sold three of them. the fourth remains in my house for testing.

The Picture of the Dreambox 920 is better than a Dream ONE oder TWO!!! I testet it on three TV wirth 4K.1 Samsung and two Philips.

i Use in the future the Formuler Z 11 Max Pro. Its a android Box and make a good Job. The App My TV Online 3 are on Board (likes IMPLAYER) and works very good. The Picture from my old Vu+ Solo 4K was better than the DM TWO

• how can those openimages be installed on dream one with aio image + gp 4.2 in multiboot. Do I need gutemine panel with one of TA or BA ?

I dont actually want to flash openimage directly onto flash and but keep still dreamos as main image on the box, if possible open image as second one...

thanks

• I had four Dreamboxes TWO and sold three of them. the fourth remains in my house for testing.

The Picture of the Dreambox 920 is better than a Dream ONE oder TWO!!! I testet it on three TV wirth 4K.1 Samsung and two Philips.

i Use in the future the Formuler Z 11 Max Pro. Its a android Box and make a good Job. The App My TV Online 3 are on Board (likes IMPLAYER) and works very good. The Picture from my old Vu+ Solo 4K was better than the DM TWO

I have both DM900/920 and two TWO decoders and honestly I don't understand how you can say that the two is inferior to the 920 in video quality tested on 3 TVs that I own and all three Sony, Panasonic, Philips are OLEDs, I would be curious to know how you did the test.

• It doesn't matter which receiver it is if it has a 4k resolution. It's a matter of what kind of TV you have if your TV doesn't have a lot of functions in adjusting your picture that you open in 4k resolution. I have a dreambox two and an OLED Signature 65 and it has various functions in adjusting the picture. fantastic picture with dreambox two. The thing is only in the functions you have to set on the TV to have an even better picture with 4k resolution. If a person can't see well, he doesn't care which TV or box it is, it doesn't matter what the picture is, it's important that he opens only in 4K resolution

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!