PLI developer Oscam-EMU stream relay changes. From 13 Oct 2023

There are 159 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 27,412 times. The last Post () by littlesat.

• It's the namespace that is faked

(It is true that, in the case of oscam, the namespace is currently only a decoration and has no particular significance from oscam's point of view, and it is not oscam's task to calculate this...)

But since I don't have an e2 device, I was forced to calculate the value of the namespace myself.

out:

maybe this calculation example is wrong,

but the result is the same as in whitelist_streamrelay, that is, the namespace is C00000

It is still not clear to me exactly what is wrong and what needs to be changed or what is fake...

So again I ask what should be changed in oscam-emu if everything works fine?

• but the result is the same as in whitelist_streamrelay, that is, the namespace is C00000

It is still not clear to me exactly what is wrong and what needs to be changed or what is fake...

So again I ask what should be changed in oscam-emu if everything works fine?

If you don't use a dummy namespace with an SR channel, then oscam never gets the request, thus it doesn't even attempt to decode anything.

• As of roughly mid December 2023 some images have added a Stream Relay Settings page

For OpenATV (other images will have slighty differrnt menu)

Menu > Setup > Decryption > Parental Control > Stream Relay Settings

This page will list all the services that are added to the whitelist_streamrelay file. You can remove any channels from there.

This is a setup screen, so left/right will not work. To jump by page, press Ch +/-

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Official Post

Just to help those who might need it. Images have slightly different menu systems, I am not going to list every image.

For OpenViX 6.4 010 and newer

Menu > Setup > Softcam Management > Stream Relay Settings

This page will list all the services that are added to the whitelist_streamrelay file. You can also remove any channels from there if needed. As most Vix users use ABM, ABM will update the file for 28.2 services anyway.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

• Nice to see this feature I initiated a few mo the ago is adapted.

When the ‘editor’ for whitelisted services show the services as service like the ci assignment plugin for example this feature should be nice as plugin and showing in the softcam/ci menu. Softwaremanagent is a strange place.

• Open PLI is the same ?

• In the channel settings you can indeed mark and unmark services. It seems openvix added an extra tool where you see the servicerefs and are as far I can see able to add and remove them but in the snapshot it does not give a user friendly overview (yet). My ground idea was that you can put the whitelist to the box and for small adjustments you can use the context menu.

Adding it to abm does not have a real added value as not all the channels use icam. Then you also ‘relay’ services that do not need it (in the German sky arrives this is eg for Heimatkanal). So I think it is better to make whitelists available for download than creating features that at the end are also not really user friendly when you use a remote control. But unless this thanks for the merge request regarding these stream relay editors (sorry where is it?)

And indeed it is available in openpli Develop Nightly Builds… the first who had it. And also thanks to DimarCC who added stuff to make the streamrelay stuff even more stealthly and also fixes some other side effects.

• stream relay installed on my box I managed to make it work well... but if you then want to use the decoder pley it crashes... the multimedia player no longer works... tested on the 920 decoder with OpenPli Nightly Bulid from April 2022....but I have a backup of the latest Pli soft which recently came out and works well,...now I put back my backup from a month ago which was perfect without stream relay.

VuSolo_VuSOLO.PRO_VuZero_VuSOLO2 SE_DR.800sim japar ed 800SEsim a8p_Mutant 51_4k_GB.UE.4k_DM.920
  • In the channel settings you can indeed mark and unmark services. It seems openvix added an extra tool where you see the servicerefs and are as far I can see able to add and remove them but in the snapshot it does not give a user friendly overview (yet). My ground idea was that you can put the whitelist to the box and for small adjustments you can use the context menu.

Adding it to abm does not have a real added value as not all the channels use icam. Then you also ‘relay’ services that do not need it (in the German sky arrives this is eg for Heimatkanal). So I think it is better to make whitelists available for download than creating features that at the end are also not really user friendly when you use a remote control. But unless this thanks for the merge request regarding these stream relay editors (sorry where is it?)

And indeed it is available in openpli Develop Nightly Builds… the first who had it. And also thanks to DimarCC who added stuff to make the streamrelay stuff even more stealthly and also fixes some other side effects.

Maybe one day you will test things to see what they actually do, before you jump to conclusions about what they do, how they work and complain about what a bad idea it is :smirking face: .

• Official Post

Could e2 not read the oscam log and enable / disable stream relay as required ? There would be no need to maintain a whitelist then...

Really the drives should be patched and we would not even need stream relay. But I wont hold my breath there.

• That can’t work… as you need to do the relay or not.

Regarding the whitelist editor I think it is smarter to make something available to download a complete whitelist. I think for users this is more user friendly… and less code/changes needed to enigma2.

• That can’t work… as you need to do the relay or not.

EvO as always good stuff is taken from openpli but not always stuff is coming back. And I just mentioned that adding channels via whitelist has alsways issues without having already a kind of whitelist… and instead of an editor just put a whitelist file to the box is much easier than going with a remote through services also still kind of one by one…. And now I’m waiting for the merge request on openpli’s GitHub…

You are more than capable of pulling changes, instead of just waiting for merge requests.

No doubt if a merge request had been created, you would have refused it, or wanted months of discussions about how it should have been done, rather than how it has been done, before accepting it anyway.

OSCam-EMU Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam-EMU Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!