Simultaneous operation of tuners A-B is not supported

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,448 times. The last Post () by drsofler.

• Hello friends, yesterday I decided to reflash my DM920 with Triple DVB-S2/C/T2 tuner, that hasn't worked for several years. In my DM920 comes with 2 cables from dual dysecs, directed to 4 satellites: 4.8/13.0/19.2/36.0, and also a separate cable goes to the DVB-T2 input of the tuner. The firmware I chose was openPli 12.3 (it has always been one of the best). After the flashing, everything works well: tuner A shows all available channels on all 4 satellites, tuner B also works well (if you turn off tuner A in the settings), and T2 channels work well. But an incomprehensible problem has arisen that did not exist before: when tuner A records a channel on a satellite, then simultaneously turning on another channel on any other satellite only causes a “tune failed” message and a black screen. I noticed, however, that only some satellite channels can work simultaneously on 13.0 (tuner A) and on 36.0 or 4.8 (tuner B), all other combinations cause “tune failed”. But I remember very well that in 2019, when I bought the DM920, there was no such problem at all, and both tuners worked simultaneously without problems and on all available channels. I also tried to flash other firmware: BlackHole, OpenATV, Merlin, Gemini, but the result was always the same: simultaneous operation of 2 tuners is not supported. I understand that this is probably due to the cessation of support for software from Dream Multimedia in 2021, but why don’t the old firmware work? Has anyone encountered this problem and is there any solution?

• oktus

Approved the thread.
  • Hello friends, yesterday I decided to reflash my DM920 with Triple DVB-S2/C/T2 tuner, that hasn't worked for several years. In my DM920 comes with 2 cables from dual dysecs, directed to 4 satellites: 4.8/13.0/19.2/36.0, and also a separate cable goes to the DVB-T2 input of the tuner. The firmware I chose was openPli 12.3 (it has always been one of the best). After the flashing, everything works well: tuner A shows all available channels on all 4 satellites, tuner B also works well (if you turn off tuner A in the settings), and T2 channels work well. But an incomprehensible problem has arisen that did not exist before: when tuner A records a channel on a satellite, then simultaneously turning on another channel on any other satellite only causes a “tune failed” message and a black screen. I noticed, however, that only some satellite channels can work simultaneously on 13.0 (tuner A) and on 36.0 or 4.8 (tuner B), all other combinations cause “tune failed”. But I remember very well that in 2019, when I bought the DM920, there was no such problem at all, and both tuners worked simultaneously without problems and on all available channels. I also tried to flash other firmware: BlackHole, OpenATV, Merlin, Gemini, but the result was always the same: simultaneous operation of 2 tuners is not supported. I understand that this is probably due to the cessation of support for software from Dream Multimedia in 2021, but why don’t the old firmware work? Has anyone encountered this problem and is there any solution?

Nothing to do with DMM, if you have 1 sat cable, then you have only 1 sat tuner working. You can only record from the same transponder... other satellite will not work neither other polarities or H/L.

TS

• hi, I already wrote that there are 2 cables coming from my satellite dish (for each dm920 tuner), which come out from 2 disecs aimed at 4 satellites: 4.8E/13.0E/19.2E/36.0E. Individually, each tuner works very well and shows all available channels on all 4 satellites. But if I turn on recording, for example, on one channel and at the same time switch to another channel (on another satellite), then the image disappears and the message “tune failed” appears on the screen. That is, I want to say that the simultaneous operation of A-B tuners is not supported by the my dm920 receiver! And this situation happens on all new and old firmware for DM 920. I don’t know why this happens, maybe my Triple DVB-S2/C/T2 tuner Si2169D somehow broke down, so I bought another Triple DVB-S2/C /T2 tuner and also FBC Twin DVB-S2X Multistream Tuner, to finally understand what the problem might be, after the tuners arrive I will write

• hi, I already wrote that there are 2 cables coming from my satellite dish (for each dm920 tuner), which come out from 2 disecs aimed at 4 satellites: 4.8E/13.0E/19.2E/36.0E. Individually, each tuner works very well and shows all available channels on all 4 satellites. But if I turn on recording, for example, on one channel and at the same time switch to another channel (on another satellite), then the image disappears and the message “tune failed” appears on the screen. That is, I want to say that the simultaneous operation of A-B tuners is not supported by the my dm920 receiver! And this situation happens on all new and old firmware for DM 920. I don’t know why this happens, maybe my Triple DVB-S2/C/T2 tuner Si2169D somehow broke down, so I bought another Triple DVB-S2/C /T2 tuner and also FBC Twin DVB-S2X Multistream Tuner, to finally understand what the problem might be, after the tuners arrive I will write

Try this one,

TS

DM920UHD : OpenPLi 8.xStar 20231209 GSt 1.20.5 (Original)

OpenPLi Release by OpenPLi Team, December 9th, 2023

- Python 3.9.9

- GStreamer 1.20.5

- FFMpeg 5.1.2 and Exteplayer3, ServiceApp (Dash Support)

- EPGImport Built-in

- AC3+/DDP/EAC3 support

- Feeds online (For Wifi/DVB-T Dongles)

- DVB-T USB, Trial Tuner, from JAM (Hauppauge, A867, etc)

- Wifi Realtek, Ralink, Mediatek Supported

- IPTV Support with Built-in

1300 Free To Air FREE IPTV Channels from their broadcaster

100+ VoD Free To Air Public Domain Movies and more coming soon (Charlot, Keaton, etc)

MEGA DM920UHD :

Code
    http://openpli8xstar.japhar.net/OpenPLi8xstar/openpli-enigma2-8xstar-dm920_web.zip
  • The OpenATV image works similarly to OpenPli 12.3; it does not support simultaneous operation of tuners.

The image of OpenPLi 8.xStar 20231209 GSt 1.20.5 (Original) works somehow incomprehensibly: there is no plugin for restoring settings at all and it is not clear how to install it, so I had to configure the entire receiver manually and download the channel list via dreamboxedit, but after configuring the receiver it didn’t even open channels work. Maybe I don’t understand something, but they don’t even show open air channels on the DVB-T2 antenna

• The OpenATV image works similarly to OpenPli 12.3; it does not support simultaneous operation of tuners.

The image of OpenPLi 8.xStar 20231209 GSt 1.20.5 (Original) works somehow incomprehensibly: there is no plugin for restoring settings at all and it is not clear how to install it, so I had to configure the entire receiver manually and download the channel list via dreamboxedit, but after configuring the receiver it didn’t even open channels work. Maybe I don’t understand something, but they don’t even show open air channels on the DVB-T2 antenna

Driver problem not loading properly,

Which image did you tested and how did you tested it (confirm today's one 20231209) ? You cannot use multiboot tools, it must be (openpli) in Flash.

Concerning the settings you must use DreamBoxEdit or DreamSet, to transfer them from one installation to Openpli. There is no such plugin by default standard installation on openpli (you can check on the feeds if there is and if you find it, you can install). If there is corrupt settings files, you could have to search again the satellites/terrestrial, also control if the tuners show up on the settings section. Always reboot the box or restart enigma2 after updating the settings, it's a better "start" to avoid any loading error or cache left.

TS

• yes, I installed the image from the link you gave me:

Yes, I installed the image in flash memory, I don’t have a multiboot.

I configured the entire receiver manually, so there are no problems with restoring the backup settings. Tell me how to reflash the triple tuner drivers? I think the problem is either in the drivers or in the hardware of the tuner

There is 2 Tuner slots in the DM920UHD, try the other slot for your tuner, move it. And check if the contacts are ok, as it could have just moved a little out.

Also, if you have any other DM, like the DM800HDse, you could temporarly move the Tuner from it to the DM920UHD, and see the result.

Let me know, as I have here with me a DM900UHD, and not my DM920UHD, which I will be able to test only after the 17th when I am back home.

TS

• The triple tuner was identified immediately as B and C tuners

I seen this about the drivers... about DMM, about the DM920UHD,

* dreambox-dvb-modules: update dm920 drivers

- fixed possible data transport problems when two FBC tuners are in use and a bcm45308x is inserted into the second tuner slot

TS

• As I understand it, the triple tuner will no longer work better for unknown reasons. Do you think the triple tuner should be replaced with an FBC tuner?

Wait when I am back next week at home, I have few Tuners and the DM920UHD and I will investigate this problem of Drivers, and the various Tuners I have, so we understand the behavior of every release of the DMM drivers, to fit the best one or solution.

I have the FBC, the Single Tuner BCM, the Single Tuner ST, the Dual Tuner ST, the Triple tuner as you have, the Hybrid C/T2, the Philips T and Philips C... so will do my testing and report.

TS

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!