Cloudflare WARP on Enigma2 python3-based images

There are 75 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,968 times. The last Post () by bk201.

• Code
    RTNETLINK answers: Address already in use

This is the error you got due to an erroneous previous launch of the VPN . Do a complete reboot of the receiver and when it boots up again give the command

Code
    wireguard start

And show the output to the console

• after reboot

• RTNETLINK answers: Address already in use

??

This should not be in the log ... Look ... I have not tested on OpenATV 7.4 ... although I see no reason why it should not work there ... Can you put, for example in multiboot, OpenPli 9 and check there ?

OpenATV 7.4 is still a beta version not without "flaws" :)

• to plugin not working with ATV?

1) It's not a plugin in the classic sense. It is a "generator" of configuration files for connection via wireguard protocol with a given "server" for Linux-based OS written on bash

2) The operation of wireguard protocol depends directly on the kernel of the system you are using and does not depend on the Enigma2 framework in any way. You can stop Enigma2 using init 4 and start the wireguard connection ... and, miraculously, it will work

3) Finally ... I found a way to run on OpenATV, OpenBH, etc. It's quite strange but... it works

Attached is a test version

1) Completely uninstall the previously installed version using opkg remove

Code
    opkg remove enigma2-plugin-extensions-cloudflarewarp

2) Install the version attached to this post using opkg install, having previously overwritten the installation package to /tmp

Code
    opkg install /tmp/*.ipk

3) After you install and see the message that the plugin was successfully installed -turn off your SAT-box into Standby mode using RC. This will stop any network activity

4) Start VPN

Code
    wireguard start

5) Wait 5-10 seconds and check your IP

Code
    curl -4 ifconfig.io

You should see the output of the IP address belonging to the subnet of Cloudflare Inc

6) Turn on your SAT-box using RC

p.s. The wireguard protocol is blocked in some countries such as Egypt, Russia (with some major ISPs), Iran, China, etc., and it will not work there. Yes, these blockages can be bypassed, but then you need to use your own VPN server with the "server part" of wireguard, not Cloudflare's servers. It is not difficult and quite realisable

• In this case, I can't help you any further

Vu+ Ultimo4K OpenATV 7.4

Снимок экрана 2024-02-14 в 11.45.27.png

For reasons unknown to me, IP routing in OpenATV may not start the first time ... If it doesn't work ... do wireguard stop .... then wireguard start again

In any case, this is not a problem with the configuration files for wireguard. This should be dealt with by the authors of this image (OpenATV).

I will try PLI

OpenPli 9 is my main image. I use it in my "normal life" ... It works there =) and not only for me.

• Code
    this solution works for me on openatv 7.3 uclan 4k pro, thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!