How to install backup image - please help ;)

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 349 times. The last Post () by Confederate.

• Hi

Somebody sent me a backup image of his image that I would like to install on my Octagon SF8008 to try.

I am not an expert but I would like to try to explain to you what my setup is.

I have multiboot enabled and on slot 1 I have my OpenATV image installed. It is the newest version.

The image I was sent came in a zip file. The zip file when unpacked contains an octagon folder and within the octagon folder an

sf8008 folder that has the following files: rootfs.tar.bz2, force_sf8008_READ.ME, imageversion and kernel.bin.

I copied the zip file to a FAT32 formatted USB stick that the receiver is able to recognise. I also unzipped the zip file and copied

the folders on the stick, too, just to be sure. So the stick has both the zip file and the unzipped folder structure on it.

I cannot install the image via the recovery menu or somewhere via the menu of the OpenATV image. I would like to install

the image into slot2 as I want to keep my original image.

Can someone help me ?

• Best Answer

Boot in OpenATV 7.4 ,put the usb stick with the backup in, go to Menu/Settings/Software Management/Flash on line , you should see now a list like this +Image Backups. +OpenATV 7.4 Beta,

+OpenATV 7.3 (Current) , OpenATV 7.2 (EOL) OpenATV 6.4 (EOL) , choose the Image backups and there should be your backup zip , it will ask you in which slot do you want install and choose it.

• Thank you, it’s working now I can select the image but I still have a question:

I want to select slot 2 and it asks me Do you want to backup settings? I don’t know what to choose, yes or no?

And the 2nd question is:

Please select what to do after flash of the following image:

openatv.blabla.zip

Only Flash Backup Image

Do not flash image

What to select? It’s a confusing question.

I don’t want to lose image in slot1.

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!