Octagon Sf8008 4K UHD box with OpenATV-7.3 installed boot problem

There are 70 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,508 times. The last Post () by Fidanza Giuseppe.

• While trying to open up the enigma 2 folder using Filezilla on my Octagon box I must have accidently deleted the folder clicking on it to open it up. I tried to reboot the box but it won`t and sticks on the boot cycle at 49.

OpenAtV-7.3 is installed. I did USR \ lib \ enigma 2 in Filezilla to eventually see what was in the hosts file. I looked at the stuck box again with Filezilla and the folder is missing. I wonder if somebody can upload the missing enigma2 folder for OpenAtv-7.3 so I can FTP it to my box or tell me where I can download it. I will then reinstall OpenAtv-7.3 into that partition, If not is it possible to get into the recovery boot from there ?

• While trying to open up the enigma 2 folder using Filezilla on my Octagon box I must have accidently deleted the folder clicking on it to open it up. I tried to reboot the box but it won`t and sticks on the boot cycle at 49.

OpenAtV-7.3 is installed. I did USR \ lib \ enigma 2 in Filezilla to eventually see what was in the hosts file. I looked at the stuck box again with Filezilla and the folder is missing. I wonder if somebody can upload the missing enigma2 folder for OpenAtv-7.3 so I can FTP it to my box or tell me where I can download it. I will then reinstall OpenAtv-7.3 into that partition, If not is it possible to get into the recovery boot from there ?

Start with a hello and end with a thank you, we are not at your service....I have an octagon 8008 in multiboot and I know your problem very well, but I have no desire to help you... ..Have a good day.....

• Thanks for the help from everyone and the needed file from Padme. I will FTP it over now and reboot the box. I am sorry if I sounded off and upset people, it was not my intension. I help others when I can, but not often as I don`t know much.

• Thanks for the help from everyone and the needed file from Padme. I will FTP it over now and reboot the box. I am sorry if I sounded off and upset people, it was not my intension. I help others when I can, but not often as I don`t know much.

Do youself a favour make complete backups of each image partition and also store them on pc then if problems you can always recover partition.

• boot to recovery menu and flash any new image to any free slot , now you can copy the files to your broken image

Hello there:

Because i have seen simillar treads I see no point to open a new one.

What if I can't boot to any menu:

--> clicking on the button "Standby" give no result: The box don't go in any modus for flashing:

Box is loading up to 100%: then image "Openatv 6.3" appear and then disapear - box go down to 50% for a second, than up to 100% again - and cicled without no end.

I able to go with DCC and show the tmp.log also do some command via telnet.

I have before backuped the box, but don't know how and where to put a command to activate "restoring modus" .

I not sure that also will work, because when receiver cicled, the connection with telnet sometimes is lost.

Any help will be nice, because I'm running out of time here.

Best regards....

Info about image:

OEVersion: OE-Alliance 4.3

Enigmaversion: 2019-01-04

Distroversion: openatv

Imageversion: 6.3.0

Driverdate: 20181224

Webifversion: OWIF 1.3.5

FPversion: 0

Devicename: SF8008 4K UHDenigma2_crash_1704144301.logenigma2_crash_1704144301.log

• If you have a Octagon SF8008 4K UHD , have you ever tried to change your obsolete image and upload a more recent one? Download it unzip and put the files on a 4gb usb pen then switch the device on while keeping pressed the red button on the Remote Control , after few seconds you will be prompted with a panel containing 4 slots , choose the nr 1 and install the new image , put the password ( it is compulsory in OATV newer images) in Menu/System/Network/Password and do your settings. I'm not sure if your OATV 6.3 backed up settings will work but it is only a matter of minutes to do it anew.

• I try it several times - with remote and button on the box direct, the box not react at my pressed buton. I try it with diferent usb, diferent size, diferent recovery image from source - 6.3 stable and latest 7.3. Not work.

• I try it several times - with remote and button on the box direct, the box not react at my pressed buton. I try it with diferent usb, diferent size, diferent recovery image from source - 6.3 stable and latest 7.3. Not work.

Capture.PNG

Already know that - please, read my first post and answer - is not my first time that I Flashing. I do more: because of attached USB Hard Disk before, I used Him like a Backup.

I try it several times - with remote and button on the box direct, the box not react at my pressed buton. I try it with diferent usb, diferent size, diferent recovery image from source - 6.3 stable and latest 7.3. Not work.

Capture.PNG

More helpfull will be, when somebarry tell me where I can put a string to know this box to START read directly my BACKUPED Image before this happend!

This will be more helpfull.

Thanks for efort too. :)

• did you try other power supply

Nope. I don't do that, because I never expereince this problem, and maybe, because I know that I did some wrong.

Yes, It can be, but for sure more is Soft problem - I destruct base platform itself, after seeting down in the middle of the night and try to install in box a "working browser" with Kodi 18 and 19. After that some plugins just don't work, I try it remove and reinstall him - but I noticed the "booting time" don't go so quick like before. Than i know it it's time to clean install. 2 days after - I try to flash stable 6.3 latest from source with working menu..

That"s happend - boot not any more.

Thanks for efort too :)

******************* Important !!! *****************************

I realy will be good if any tell me how to repair a start string in box that receiver directly use to flash my backuped file before that happend from my USB Hard disk (so good that is) without interruption receiver go and use them for repair all corupted files. In another siteIf someone have from this receiver original pythons files(pyo) that I can put in "Components"plugins, maybe is worth to try too :)

********************End of Important!!! **********************

I will never flash again this box after that I repair now - I do this only that not works, because this box is used from my father -and he is blind. I make for him special menu that he follow for boot programs - DBV-T and Satellite plus some IPTV channels together, just simple, but that works 5 years without any sracth.

Until 3 days before I put my hands in the midlle of the night.

Thanks again.

Edited once, last by leonlive ().

• maybe it is a file Bug. please try this too.

copy the driver to your pc before you delete him, you can always put it back if you want.

connect to your box using FTP DCC/Filezilla e.c.t., go to /lib/modules/4.4.35/extra and remove the hisi_keys.ko file

it is also possible to delete the file with the telnet command: rm /lib/modules/4.4.35/extra/hisi_keys.ko

reboot

after this file delete, Power button at the front of the box shout work again, please try it

• please try this:

Unplugg the box, remove the sdcard, reconnect the box, start with OpenATV, re-insert the sdcard, went to multiboot and select startup_1, rebooted.

hope will help

Thanks for tips. :)

I have no Multiboot installed - the SD card either.

Already try it with or without USB-Hard Disk. Just I try it with a 5A Adapter (for sure) :)

But, no luck.

Edited once, last by leonlive ().

• if using recovery image you do not unpack .zip file And I mean recover image not backup image

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!