Vix 2.4 Timezone problem

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,730 times. The last Post () by mrgmx.

• Hi ive installed Vix 2.4 on to my duo but i can not get to give me the correct time,ive set it up as GMT and to sync with transponder time but it still set an hour late.Ive tried changing time zones but no difference any ideas how i can solve this thanks

• Or...

install the attached addon go to your plugins, choose ntp update, then choose europe, united kingdom, time is synced everytime you reboot your box (and its attached to the internet ofc)

Files

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Thanks for the reply's sadly neither options worked for me so ive gone back to openplli 2.1 and everything is fine again thanks

• No Takers on this one????

Set everything i can to correct time zone but still no joy???

Even if i try and be smart and use a zimezone 1hr in front it then goes 1 hour in front of actual time not time shown on VIX??

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• I went back to openpli and everything was fine again

• Yeah id rather keep Vix if possible as the Mrs has been quiet every since! lol

Come on Lets be Havin Ya!

lssdalogo.png

• vix 2.1 works fine that's what i was on before not sure about the other versions upto 2.4

• Official Post

There is definately an issue after an online update, i had the same problem and others are reporting it on ViX forum, reflash is recommended for a fix.

You could check the required packages are installed properly;

Code
    opkg info timezones-alternative

Code
    opkg files timezones-alternative

You may have to choose a differant timezone to get the correct time.

• I have the same problem as well, hoping for a fix soon :)

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Managed to get this issue Fixed at last! (Should be correct GMT time now)

http://linuxsat-support.com/vu…-duo-mrgmx.html#post59554

Seems to be a few issues with latest 2 Vix Updates so tred carefull, i have tried both updating through box and USB with no success!

.155 seems to be the last 'Safe' Version!

:mrgmx:

lssdalogo.png

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!