Newbie in need!

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,222 times. The last Post () by gazaman.

• Hi Folks

Could somebody recommend me a decent,stable image for a dm800hd clone running 2.01 bootloader #70
    Am I right in thinking if its a sim 2.01 I can flash any 2.01 image regardless of Bootloader?
    I'm currently running blackhole dreamelite 1.33D V3 SIM 2.01 phoenix edition but not that keen to be honest and notice slight glitching when browsing the epg/menus.

I tried flashing ssl84 followed by an image but bricked the box with a "no ca found". Got it sorted by putting the original image back on but obviously not what I wanted.

Also, I tried a couple of different images/bootloaders and none would work. Is it possible that its a different sim version to what it says on startup? If so how can I check what that actual sim version is?

Thanks in advance.
    Gaz

• Yes you can flash new images

but first flash ssl84b reboot

now flash new image done

Thanks mate,
    I did try the ssl84 but not the ssl84b.
    Also, I didnt reboot after flashing the sslb84 as per the guide I followed.
    Just so I know I've got this right:
    Hold Standby to get the ip address then flash with ssl84b....
    Do I then to a full reboot (as in untill everything loads up and can view bouques etc)or just hold standby again to get the ip address up and flash the image?
    Sorry, I just want to be sure before bricking again:ah:
    Couple more questions (sorry)

Also are there any images that you recommend that work well with epg etc?
    When I'm looking through the channels or menus with the image I have, the screen tentds to stutter/skip so I'm hoping a new image may sort this.

Thanks again
    Gaz

• Official Post

Instructions are included with the b/l post mate.

New sim2 ssl 84 for dm800(sim201 and sim210 cards)

• Official Post

Cheers mate.
    I never looked at the actual file as I wasnt to sure which one it was.
    I'm guessing I would use option 1 then.
    Is there any particular image you could recommend for my clone?

Gaz

It has been sometime since i owned a dm800 mate, my 2 personal favourites were Dreamelite phoenix edition & icvs, its best to keep trying all until you find one thats right for you.

[h=3]Poll - Best Image For DM800[/h]

• Right, Decided for an openPLi image http://linuxsat-support.com/dm…_ssl84b-sat4fun_team.html

Just before I do would somebody be s0 kind and just double check its compatable and that I'm about to do it correctly.
    Current sim 2.01 bootloader #70
    Going to flash ssl84b as above and then the image and then the ssl84 again. Is this correct? Or do I just flash the image?
    I have the finger on the trigger so hopefully somebody can advise asap.

Thanks in advance and sorry for all the question (newbie but learning along the way)

Cheers
    Gaz

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!