cccam , oscam help please....

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,296 times. The last Post () by Imybash.

• I have my server up and running with cccam 2.1.3 and OScam, my omnikey card reader is also reading my *** UK card,

My question is how will my dreambox connect to my server will I need to add a fline in my cccam.cfg in on the server or do I make a account on the oscam server and add a cline to the cccam.cfg on my dreambox?

Also what softcam will I need on my dm500s ? To be able to connect to my server and clear my channels ?

Any advice or ideas would be welcomed,
    or even a pointer in the right direction

• easily done - Oscam in your setup is just a card reader, and CCcam is the server, so you need to create an fline in your CCcam.cfg on your server, and simply install CCcam on your dreambox, and you then input the corresponding cline in your dreambox CCcam.cfg. The Cline on your dreambox CCcam.cfg would be;

C: ipaddressofserver serverlistenportofserver username password

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• might as well stick with CCcam - 2.2.1 but it is your choice - could use Oscam as client on your receiver but I have found CCcam to run better - try then all and take your pick!

• One final question, do I need a box key for my ***uk card to be able to watch the channels, as I have read a few threads were they go on about boxkeys or is this just for newcs ?

• no - Oscam should be reading your card if you have Oscam/CCcam setup on your server - Oscam obtains the boxkey from the card automatically.

• cheers ten, but i still use cccam for f&c lines. sometimes my ip changes on box, which causes me to miss updates, so that was only reason i locked it.

sometimes my ip changes on box,

then you write

boxes ip is static

Now that just doesnt make sense at all..
    In any internal network there is no need to lock flines ..all are directed/pòinted to external IP .
    if it is a dynamic IP then you need a host ,if it is static then you have the option to use that IP or use a host but the host will show up your IP anyway..

• Okay, got my dreambox up and running managed to access my card and watch the channels, thanks to the info provided.

I have taken the box to my sisters house and tried to set it up, now i have another problem. Box is not talking to the CCcam server anymore?

What i have tried and done :

Set the cline and port 12000 on the box (Using soft cam 2.1.4 >> The lastest one i could find on the image i was using)
    Openned Port 12000 on my router (Which is the listening port on the CCcam server)
    Setup my Dynamic DNS Name (Checked and can connect to my network using the domain name)
    I have even tried connecting using my class A IP address, with the same results?
    Opened Port 12000 on her router too but with the same results

Server CCcam 2.1.3
    Client CCcam 2.1.4
    OScam 1.20

F: test test
    C: test.test.com 12000 test test

Any idea what i might be missing or doing wrong ? The CCcam.cfg file on the box only has the C line... but it worked fine on my network ?

• OK m8, as pointed out above you have some conflicting info but you could start with these points.
    1).. Set your box IP address to static within Router
    2).. If you have locked your cccam.cfg F:line to the old IP address (when the box was in your own house), it will be refused connection to your cccam server from the new location (in your sisters house), You will have to remove the old IP address from the end of the F:Line in cccam.cfg.
    3).. Confirm that your box is connected to the network correctly, most box's have network tests within the networking settings in the menu.

Good luck

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Hi i have tested all this, everything seems to be fine? One thing i remeber doing is i editied the file in windows and copied it to the dreambox? could this have changed the code on the file .....

if so isnt there a way of changing it back ? by saving it a certain way ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!