does a mains powered usb make a difference to normal hub

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 363 times. The last Post () by thatfellow.

• Ive got both a powered and non powered usb hub.

Is it better to used the powered or does it not make a difference?

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Haven't compared cause I use powered hub anyways! But

I think the general opinion/view that powered gets best results = lower times!

Certainly sweet this end lol

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• I think they only lower ecm times on certain card readers like smargo i tried a powered one on an omnikey and it made no difference at all

• My ecm times halved from around 160-200 to 80-100 so certainly a big improvement for me, i have a belkin one.

which card reader bris ?

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• It only works with smargo etc because the ecm times they give you compared to an omnikey are rubbish using a powered usb will help lower this but to be honest you could just buy an omnikey or two and eliminate the need of using any usb hub at all

It only works with smargo etc because the ecm times they give you compared to an omnikey are rubbish using a powered usb will help lower this but to be honest you could just buy an omnikey or two and eliminate the need of using any usb hub at all

I agree 100%.

With my smargo, I noticed huge improvements of up to 40% off ecm's but the omnikey already operates that fast. So why bother with a USB Hub at all, especially when they make addressing a little trickier. I bought 2x Second hand omnikeys off ebay for 10 each and I couldn’t be happier with them..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!