Dreambox issue

There are 35 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,284 times. The last Post () by deepy.

• The issue im having is that ive got a cline from my server to my dreambox this will clear channels then suddenly freeze,i also have a vu duo and a cline in that and this is not effected i have reinstalled open pli and edge nemisis and its happening with both images.I have changed over Ethernet cable and its still the same for the life of me i don't understand why its only effecting the dreambox anyone got any idea why this is could be happening thanks

• Well ive installed debian and ubuntu 3 times today my vu+duo is still working fine but my dreambox is still having these connection problems regardless of if i use a wired or wireless connection dhcp or static could a faulty modem or other part cause this to happen thanks

• m8, I had the exact same problem yesterday with 2 openbox's.. After reading up it was caused by both box's having same Mac address.. I had to get one off my network.

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• sadly taking one off my network is not an option its never been an issue before it must be something else

• Yes i do totally different

Might sound obvious but I take it you have a separate fline set up on yor server for each of your receivers?

• The openbox's came with same mac address's.. I was using both myself and had to ditch 1 cos they kept blocking each other... I know its not a Mac Address issue with your Dreambox but it could be that you reserved an IP address in router for Dreambox mac address and you have a different static address set up in the dreambox... It deffo sounds like something along those lines..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• what happens if you disable the share in the duo? Does it still freeze? Have you disabled DHCP on both receivers and assigned them both to unique fixed IP addresses?

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• You could well be right my friend ive looked at the connected devices an my router and the 7020hd appears to have two ip address and two mac address considering its set to dhcp i really dont understand how this can be the case anyway ive rebooted my router and now there is only one so hopefully this will be the end of the issues cheers for the advice you may of hit the hammer on the head but only time will tell.

edit

spoke to soon its still doing it omg

The openbox's came with same mac address's.. I was using both myself and had to ditch 1 cos they kept blocking each other... I know its not a Mac Address issue with your Dreambox but it could be that you reserved an IP address in router for Dreambox mac address and you have a different static address set up in the dreambox... It deffo sounds like something along those lines..

• I always disable DHCP on my receivers even if they are just client, and fix the MAC addresses for each receiver to a fixed IP on my router which matches the one I assigned on the receiver - never had any issues this way with conflicts as I am always in control.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Iam going to give that ago now cheers

I always disable DHCP on my receivers even if they are just client, and fix the MAC addresses for each receiver to a fixed IP on my router which matches the one I assigned on the receiver - never had any issues this way with conflicts as I am always in control.

• Well ive tried assigning static ip address makes no difference at all i went back to dhcp still the same ive swopped over Ethernet cables still the same ive have even tried routing through a network switch and it makes no difference at all i get to change channel about five times then it just freezes

• I always disable DHCP on my receivers even if they are just client, and fix the MAC addresses for each receiver to a fixed IP on my router which matches the one I assigned on the receiver - never had any issues this way with conflicts as I am always in control.

I do a similar thing, but I use DHCP Reservation, so an ip address is reserved/tied to the mac address of the box

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Oscam with CCcam musogeek as the server but the strange thing the duo is unaffected i know its a fairly new machine is it possible than something has gone wrong inside

• i tried that and it was still the same it game with a dreambox wireless dongle does the wirles dongle still go trough the modem

You could rule out a hardware issue re LAN wired connection if you had a spare wireless dongle floating around somewhere.

• What dish are these boxes connected to? The same different?

Have you tried swapping the connections from your satelite round and running the dreambox without the duo on?

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• There are two feed sly mini dish and my channel master ive turned off the sly feed and used the channel master plenty of signal i get to watch about five channels then it freezes again i can see my server dns on screen and the ecm time but its totally black

• Just a thought m8, Is there any chance that the old N:Line in your dreambox from when you were using the dreambox as a server is still in use even though u are using your omnikey reader now with N:Line in your server? That might be causing some sort of conflict.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!