Enigma web tv help

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,392 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Hi, i have followed the guide that was posted on the enigma web tv used all basic ports as per tut to start as a basis to get it setup so i know it works etc

i have got it working locally, and even from an external connection i can log into the DYNDNS:port web tv page and select the channel i allowed, but wont play on the external connection, i know HD channels are a bit iffy so to speak, but even SD wont play?

has anyone got any clues on why its not playing?

i have forwarded the ports in the router to the pc ip addy of the comp running enigma tv program

• Ports need to be forwarded to your enigma box not your pc if I remember correctly.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Enigma TV uses VLC to encode the stream, so because of this, the PC is the stream server, and the ports should be forwarded to the PC. Change the local stream and web ports to something different from the default - like 8081 and 81 for example, and forward these ports on your router to the IP address of your PC.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• if you have forwarded all to the box, you will need a high speed internet connection, thin it requires 40mbit when you stream from box to internet, that is my experience

• if you have forwarded all to the box, you will need a high speed internet connection, thin it requires 40mbit when you stream from box to internet, that is my experience

i have 60MB here but thats quite alot of internet to stream over the net :) maybe thats why it just loops round when he tries to connect then??

• he need a high speed internet connection if you have forwarded all ports, then it have to work

Think he gets 20mb BT internet so by what your saying is he wont be able to get it :(

there must be other ways of streaming over the net going to look into it more and maybe disgard the web tv app for now :)

• he need a high speed internet connection if you have forwarded all ports, then it have to work

Surely one of the ideas of Web TV is so you can control the quality therefore the bandwidth of the stream, so that it could in theory work on a slow connection.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!