Restarting oscam everyday using crontab

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,297 times. The last Post () by tester10.

• Im trying to put a command in crontab to restart oscam everyday at 6am what would my command need to look like in crontb at the minute i have:

0 6 * * * root ./oscript restart >/dev/null

But did not work anyone know what the above line should look like. Cheers ppl

• Not a 100% sure but have a look here

http://linuxsat-support.com/li…-debian-cron-problem.html

http://linuxsat-support.com/li…263-linux-cron-guide.html

shouldn't it be something like

00 06 * * * root sh /where/the/fileis/oscript.sh or 00 06 * * * root sh /where/the/fileis/oscript.sh restart (if restart needed?) dont think you need >/dev/null

anyone confirm or add to this please!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Hopefully this should work

0 6 * * * root /emu/oscam/oscript.sh restart

Just not sure with having restart at the end is that ok? Anyone confirm it for us

• Hi bud, can I ask why you want to restart it daily as mine often runs for weeks without any problems, I only need to restart it if I make any major changes

• Would just prefer to restart every day so its fresh every morning otherwise it will crash and restart after a few days whereas this way its all sweet for my oscam.

The crontab did not work anyone know the exact command i should be using in crontab?

• Finally sussed it out if anyone wants to restart oscam via crontab here is the command you will need the oscript working

0 6 * * * root oscript restart

• Good work Djrikster333 ¬ thanks for taking time to follow up the previous posts with a Result ! who knows how many people this may help ! be this a lesson to all members that this is an example of how the forum works at its best !

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Yes always follow things up with solution. As there is times when I have read a thread for ages and you get to the last bit and that last post on how they solved could solve my issues but the last post never comes its soul destroying lol

• Better late then never

But there is no need to make any kind of script to stop Oscam daily.

If you already have the checkoscam.sh script. you can create a crontab -e to the checkoscam script first

lets say example : script name checkoscam.sh

crontab -e and add the following

*/1 * * * * /rootpath to your directory folder where checkoscam.sh script is example /usr/local/script/checkoscam.sh

( this way it will execut the checkoscam script everyminute and will start oscam if stopped.

now lets say for instance you want to restart your Oscam every single day at a specific time on your debian machine its nice and easy also

to restart oscam lets say example every 6AM each day

crontab -e and add the following:

00 06 * * * killall -9 oscam

(this will stop the Oscam at exactly 6AM everyday, and if you have already configured prior the checkoscam.sh script.. exactly running each minute.. at 6.01 AM oscam will restart auto...

i know its offtopic but.....

for Cardserverproxy its pretty much the same thing, if you have the checkscript.sh to check it , set up crontab every minute also..

then new crontab to stop csp at a specific time of the day for reboot..

00 06 * * * /etc/local/csp/cardservproxy.sh stop

(this stops the CSP folders are just an example the CSP can be on any other place location folder so point the right path to the csp folder)

if you dont have any checkscript.sh at atll to check csp , u can use this crontab -e below to restart CSP at exactly 6.01 AM everyday.. (checkscript its good cause csp if running on 32bits systems can easily crash during other time of the day.. and the check script every minute checks it and reboots it 1min after)

01 06 * * * /etc/local/csp/cardservproxy.sh start

(this starts the CSP folders are just an example the CSP can be on any other place location folder so point the right path to the csp folder)

Edited 2 times, last by tester10 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!