Card to Client/Peer ratio

There are 28 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,358 times. The last Post () by seamouse.

• 1 card could serv 1000's with the right hardware ¬ How many was you aiming for ?

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• If you were on a DVB-C or T where there are sometimes only 100 to 130 or so channels then in theory if you had 3 cards you could serve unlimited clients, DVB-S is a lot different as there are hundreds of channels per satellite
    Each card will have a maximum amount of ecm requests it can handle simultaneously to avoid any freezing
    It will also depend on your upload speed, what card are you asking about ?

• I was asking about a white 0963 card. In a previous thread I started Musogeek suggested that my card was being hammered by 16 users. I found this comment a little strange considering that at one time the number of users would be 8-9. I was having a disconnecting issue where ECM's were not being delivered, turned out I didn't need LB with Oscam as I was only using the one card.

• turned out I didn't need LB with Oscam as I was only using the one card.

That interesting !

what setting did you change in your config to remove LB ?

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• I was asking about a white 0963 card. In a previous thread I started Musogeek geek suggested that my card was being hammered by 16 users.

To be completely honest that card would easily handle 30 clients with the correct setup

• To be completely honest that card would easily handle 30 clients with the correct setup

Care to elaborate on this then? personal experience or how to have the correct setup? Have you had 30 clients all connected to your card? this card requests an ecm every few seconds - sure 30 clients could be using the server and could cope (If the burden was shared between other peers/cards), 30 clients all watching the same channel might work as well due to ecm caching, but whether this card can handle a separate unique request every few tenths of a second is a different matter. If you know any payservers, I am sure they could fill you in on if this is possible. As for most of us, we would not want need or get anywhere near that level. As we all agree the network conditions might have a lot to say, and also the hardware/software - but I am just wondering if anyone else can say that they have had this many clients all connected to their card at the same time.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I only have 10 peers and i have everything I could ever need I have no idea why you would need 30 considering many packages are more than stable on hop 2 or hop 3 if you get the right peers.

• In a proper sharing network - i.e. a group of people with the same or different cards and several peers on all of the connected network, the burden is shared as every individual on that network would have a number of peers. The only way I can see that a card would have a constant relentless stream of requests is when there is one card and no virtual cards on the server, and the clients only have one connection - to the said server. This would be a busy server, especially if everyone is channel hopping, which is quite normal when you have so many channels to choose from!

AfyB has the latter type of setup as he has 17 'clients' all relying on his card.

• Care to elaborate on this then? personal experience or how to have the correct setup? Have you had 30 clients all connected to your card? .

I've had quite a few peeps ask me for help over the years, seen every type of setup out there, thats all :)

• Would be an interesting experiment to organise this and test it for real to get the true answer rather than the speculative and varied answers you find on various forums, but I think I would prefer to keep the answer outside the public domain as the answer would be of too much benefit to the scumbags that would be lurking around wondering when they need to start faking and stealing in order to satisfy their customers demands!

• Yes I did have 17 ""clients" or users two of which were internal in my own property. That leaves 15. Out of the 15, at any one time the max number of users or "clients" were 8-9. There is no way my card was being hammered. Some suggest any one card can handle hundreds of requests, I have not tested it but the people that did say this are experienced members who have been in the card sharing network for some time. However Musogeek makes a valid and fair point, the more reliable peers you have it takes the strain off your card as it doesn't have to work as hard.

• Sharing was designed for a person in the uk, ireland, france to share with someone from italy, germany etc on a straight swap basis
    It got corrupt soon after, I never give a re-share to Anyone, nor do I re-share anyones card, do it right and all will be ok

AfyB, some cards would surprise you with what they can do but I won't post any info here

@mods/admin maybe you should stick this thread into vip or delete for obvious reasons

• i will be sharing my card with 5 others, maybe 8, will this be ok on a sly card? is there anyway to make sure no freezing?

• I am very interested in the cutoff point between clients/peers V's quality. Just checked my cccam there, I have 4 internal box's, 5 others between parents & Friends. I have 4 shares with peers on this site & 1 from another site (All with 1 Re-share). Thats potentially 9 box's & 5 Servers with re-share and still the most ever online simultaneously would be 4 r 5. If everyone was using my card at the one time, could I be in trouble? I was tempted to look into CSP or some other caching method but never really bothered..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• As you can see this thread isn't able to provide a definite answer - I have seen 12-15 as a figure floating about as to how many peers can connect to one sly UK card, but others say many more. There is never usually a problem with straight 1 for 1 sharing - Cline fo Fline - because the burden is shared. If there are many receivers, friends/family etc - clients who are not sharing back, then the load will of course go up on your server and in turn on your virtual cards (the peers with who you are sharing and they are sharing back) - so they might question your high use. I am sure a lot of people have looked in to CSP and other options. Oscam is one where you can easily have more control over things but takes a lot of setting up. It might make your server run better, and your friends and family might be more happier, but you might find that your peers - the ones who are returning the favour get a bit peeved off with constant use.

• see i have still to learn shares and peers, as in our group 1 will get sly it and polish cards ( as my reason to join here ) and share to all each other.... but cant seem to get what means what

• Peers are people that share there cards with you, so you have *** It which I don't, so you share your card with me so I also get *** It. I return the favour by sharing my card with you, *** UK. Now lets say you have 7 users on your server, they can now get *** It and also *** UK, as long as I give you a reshare. The users on my server now get *** It and also *** UK. There is another thread explaining peers, search the forum and you will find it

• Giving re-shares is a sure way to overload and damage your cards
    For an example if you give a re-share to 3 guys and each of them has 10 other guys they share with then there is a possibility that your card could have 30 viewing at the same time, now that's simple maths
    Imagine giving a re-share to 10 guys and some of them could have 30 plus clients, Im sorry but I've said it before cardsharing was not designed for that, it should be a share for a share, no re-share, protect your card and yourself.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!