Tutorial - Ubuntu Server 11.10, 12.xx, 13.04 x32/x64 - Auto Oscam/CCcam 2.1.3 Install

There are 398 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 151,417 times. The last Post () by master G.

Hello Everyone,

I have just built my first PC server using this awesome TUT and automated script, many thanks to thatfellow.

The server is running and clearing channels but after the restart script runs during the night i check the OSCAM webif and it shows 3 or 4 clients rather than 1 as it does normally, the first client has a status of ok and the rest alll show a status of duplicate and have been idle since the restart at 04:00. If i manually reboot the server everything is ok, have i configured something wrong and how can i fix this?

I presume the client in oscam is the newcamd connection to cccam?

From your logs, it looks like 4 instances of oscam are starting simultaneously

There could be a few reasons for this...

Firstly, have you edited the rc.local file or crontab file?
    Secondly, have you modified any scripts?

The first thing I want to confirm is whether it is the rc.local file that is causing this problem or if it is the check script's , to do this I need you to manually restart the PC from terminal.
    To do this, Log in as root user and type

Code
    reboot

Once the machine is started back up, run this command and post your results:

Code
    ps x |grep -v grep |grep -c "oscam"

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Friend is there a problem if I install Ubuntu Opt in Graphics Mode?

Sorry for Bad english, I'm from Brazil.

thank you

Yes, there will be a problem. This is for the Server edition of Ubuntu

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Code

yes the client in oscam is the newcad connection to cccam

I dont remember changing anything on the rc.local file, i remember looking in crontab at some point but not changing anything and i didnt change any of the scripts as far as i can remember

I ran the command and got the following response

Code
    root@ubuntu:~# ps x |grep -v grep |grep -c "oscam"
    root@ubuntu:~#

here are my crontab settings

having looked at the crontab settings i see that the first 9 commands are repeated should i delete these? and are the first 9 commands correct?

Also when i look in the oscam webif status tab it constantly shows the following log is this supposed to update as it is doing every few seconds?

Thanks for the help you are giving me

• Just want to add something to your nice tutorial!
    My CCcam server was not running, but adding "DVB API: -1" to the CCcam.cfg made it run.

Had the same problem, and it fixed it.
    Thank you for this tut.

Now everything is working. =)

Excellent tutorial! Very through and nicely written. Great job!

• hmm, well got server running as it should not to try and set it up to share my Sly card with the lads F5 boxes, multiroom my a5re, but more head scratching that TUT was awesome and helped me immensely big cheers to thatfellow.

If it ain't got issues it must be broke:eng:

• how i can make autoreboot server at 6:00am in the moning?
    becose in the moning show is cardreader error, and en i reboot ubuntu then is fine

:linuxsat3:

• Hello
    First off, thanks Thatfellow for a great share. I been playing with this for a month or so now, everything seemed to be fine, until my entitlments run out and didnt update.
    What I asking now is
    1, why did they not update? whats the most likely reason?
    2, short of putting card back into orignal reciever, how do I get entitilements updated now?
    3, one thing I notice in my setup is, I use newcamd for two rooms, works ok, but in another room I tried cccam, and its showing connecte, but won clear channels. Has this something to do with me not getting updates?
    I have read and read and keep going in circles.

Thanks for any help in advance guys.

1, why did they not update? whats the most likely reason?

The most likely reason is that you did not properly configure your setup to update your entitlements

2, short of putting card back into orignal reciever, how do I get entitilements updated now?

Cant really help you there m8, im not 100% sure if correcting your setup to auto update will sort this out, maybe someone else will confirm

3, one thing I notice in my setup is, I use newcamd for two rooms, works ok, but in another room I tried cccam, and its showing connecte, but won clear channels. Has this something to do with me not getting updates?
    I have read and read and keep going in circles.

Cant be 100% sure, Post your cccam/oscam configs?

• Thanks for quick reply, the way I go round in circles , you must go round millions o times explaing the same over and over, ya the patience o a saint. any way, below are cfgs, bit all over the place, but understandable i hope.

oscam.conf
    [global]
    logfile = stdout
    nice = -1
    preferlocalcards = 1
    lb_mode = 1
    lb_max_ecmcount = 300
    lb_savepath =

[monitor]
    hideclient_to = 15
    appendchaninfo = 0

[newcamd]
    port = xxxx0@0963:000000
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    keepalive = 1

[cccam]
    port = xxxx1
    reshare = 0
    version = 2.1.3
    stealth = 1
    nodeid = 5635695710E71476
    reshare_mode = 1

[webif]
    httpport = 8888
    httpuser = xxxx
    httppwd = xxxx
    httprefresh = 15
    httpallowed = 192.168.0.0-192.168.254.254

oscam.user
    [account]
    user = xxxxx12
    pwd = xxxxx
    group = 1
    uniq = 1
    cccignorereshare = 0
    keepalive = 1

oscam.server
    [reader]
    label = slycard
    description = reader
    protocol = smartreader
    device = 001:007
    caid = 0963
    detect = cd
    mhz = 600
    cardmhz = 600
    ident = 0963:000000
    group = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    blockemm-g = 1
    saveemm-unknown = 1
    saveemm-g = 1
    lb_weight = 101
    auprovid = 1F1F1F

• M8 please don't just dump all the info in a mess, take some time to sort it and make it a bit easier for everyone to read, I have edited it this time.

Are you now using an oscam only setup?
    If yes, you are posting on the wrong tut, if no, post your cccam.cfg

• Sorry bout that.
    thx
    The cccam.cfg is below, but I not even sure if its working along with oscam.

Cccam.cfg
    SERVER LISTEN PORT : xxxx0
    ALLOW TELNETINFO: yes
    ALLOW WEBINFO: yes
    WEBINFO USERNAME :admin
    WEBINFO PASSWORD :admin
    TELNETINFO USERNAME :root
    TELNETINFO PASSWORD :dreambox
    TELNETINFO LISTEN PORT : 16000
    WEBINFO LISTEN PORT : 16001
    ZAP OSD TIME :0
    OSD USERNAME :root
    OSD PASSWORD :dreambox
    OSD PORT :80
    SHOW TIMING : yes
    DEBUG : no
    NEWCAMD CONF : no
    SHOW EXTENEDED CLIENT INFO : yes
    MINI OSD : no
    CHANNELINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.channelinfo
    PROVIDERINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.providers
    CAID PRIO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.prio
    LOG WARNINGS : /tmp/warnings.txt
    SOFTKEY FILE : /var/keys/SoftCam.Key
    AUTOROLL FILE : /var/keys/AutoRoll.Key
    STATIC CW FILE : /var/keys/constant.cw
    #BOXKEY:
    #SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 6800000
    DVB API: -1

#F: test test1 192.168.0.3 xxxx0
    N: 192.168.0.3 xxxx0 visiondvd pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 256
    N: 192.168.0.16 xxxx1 nicolas pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 256

I'm sure by looking at this you can gather this cfg is downloaded and pasted, altered a touch.
    Not even too sure if its the right cfg

• If you have posted all the users in your oscam.user, it looks like you have no newcamd connection to your card in oscam

oscam.user
    [account]
    user = xxxxx12
    pwd = xxxxx
    group = 1
    uniq = 1
    cccignorereshare = 0
    keepalive = 1

cccam.cfg
    #F: test test1 192.168.0.3 xxxx0
    N: 192.168.0.3 xxxx0 visiondvd pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 256
    N: 192.168.0.16 xxxx1 nicolas pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 256

I am starting to get very confused now, will you explain the 2 N:Lines above?
    They are internal lines, have you got your slycard in a box or something? or have you got a server running on 192.168.0.3 or 192.168.0.16

Are the oscam & cccam configs you posted both off your PC server?

There are multiple problems with your configs but until I understand what is going on I dont want to make any suggestions

• In My house I have 3 boxes and a pc set up as server.192.168.0.3 and so on
    When I add user via webif in Oscam, like above n lines, they work, no problems.
    But then when I run into the problem where I got no updates/entitlements, I started reading possible reasons for so.
    I then tried adding nlines into cccam.cfg to see if that does anything, hence why they are there.
    I have another box, external, it uses newcamd, and works no bother.
    I really am going round in circles, halfway but far away.
    My card is in limp mode now, and I aint even sure if I should put it back in to the orignal box.

• OK m8, then you are using an oscam only server.. To be honest, your setup looks so messed up I am surprised anything is working..

I think you will need teamviewer help to clean up cccam, but for now you can make accounts as follows, I have assumed your newcamd port is 44444 and cccam port is 55555

oscam.conf
    [global]
    logfile = stdout
    nice = -1
    preferlocalcards = 1
    lb_mode = 1
    lb_max_ecmcount = 300
    lb_savepath =

[monitor]
    hideclient_to = 15
    appendchaninfo = 0

[newcamd]
    port = 44444@0963:000000
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    keepalive = 1

[cccam]
    port = 55555
    reshare = 0
    version = 2.1.3
    stealth = 1
    nodeid = 5635695710E71476
    reshare_mode = 1

[webif]
    httpport = 8888
    httpuser = xxxx
    httppwd = xxxx
    httprefresh = 15
    httpallowed = 192.168.0.0-192.168.254.254

oscam.user
    [account]
    user = cccamtestaccount1
    pwd = password1
    group = 1
    uniq = 1
    keepalive = 1

[account]
    user = cccamtestaccount2
    pwd = password2
    group = 1
    uniq = 1
    keepalive = 1

[account]
    user = newcamdtestaccount1
    pwd = newpassword1
    group = 1
    uniq = 1
    keepalive = 1

[account]
    user = newcamdtestaccount2
    pwd = newpassword2
    group = 1
    uniq = 1
    keepalive = 1

The clines you would give out off the above accounts are as follows

C: 192.168.0.3 55555 cccamtestaccount1 password1
    C: 192.168.0.3 55555 cccamtestaccount2 password2

The nlines you would give out off the above accounts are as follows

N: 192.168.0.3 44444 newcamdtestaccount1 newpassword1 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
    N: 192.168.0.3 44444 newcamdtestaccount2 newpassword2 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

• Another thought m8 that could be causing your cccam shares from oscam not to be working.

We have established that you are now using oscam only setup.. Are you trying to use the same server port for cccam protocol in oscam as you are already using in cccam?
    If so that might be causing a conflict.

I would delete all lines for cccam from these two files

/etc/rc.local
    e.g, delete this line to stop cccam starting

Code
    [COLOR='#FF0000']/usr/local/bin/CCcam.x86_64[/COLOR]

/etc/crontab
    e.g, delete these lines to stop cccam stop/start, check scripts etc..

Code
    [COLOR='#FF0000']56 03 * * * root killall CCcam.x86_64
    57 03 * * * root /var/script/configupdate.sh
    58 03 * * * root /var/script/keyupdater.sh
    59 03 * * * root /usr/local/bin/CCcam.x86_64
    */5 * * * * root /var/script/CCcamCheck.sh[/COLOR]

• Hi
    I copied everything and deleted all my cfgs, when I pasted evrything from you in, all seems fine, cccam working and newcamd.
    Can I ask , Do I need the two to work along side each other?, whats the advantage, if any of that?
    Also do I need to enable user to au, if theres a chance that entitlements may update?
    Cheers for your help, I start fresh now, and trial and error.

I copied everything and deleted all my cfgs, when I pasted evrything from you in, all seems fine, cccam working and newcamd.
    Can I ask , Do I need the two to work along side each other?, whats the advantage, if any of that?

Have a read up about the protocols m8, Id prefer cccam for normal shares but some would rather newcamd, I use both in different situations..

Also do I need to enable user to au, if theres a chance that entitlements may update?
    Cheers for your help, I start fresh now, and trial and error.

If this info is correct for your card reader

[reader]
    label = slycard

Then just add:

Code
    au = slycard

to all your trusted user [accounts] i.e. internal box's

e.g.
    oscam.user

Code
    [account]
    user = cccamtestaccount1
    pwd = password1
    au = slycard
    group = 1
    uniq = 1
    keepalive = 1

• Sorry to bother u again, mate, but is this the right cfg for updating/recieving emm?
    Cos of your help I now have a local user set up using cccam, switched on sly1 permanent, for time being.

[account]
    user = test2
    pwd = pass2
    group = 1
    uniq = 1
    au = slycard
    keepalive = 1

In auprovid do I put ***uk or is it slyuk, same as reader?

[reader]
    label = slycard
    description = slycard
    protocol = smartreader
    device = 002:004
    pincode =
    caid = 0963
    detect = cd
    mhz = 534
    cardmhz = 575
    ident = 0963:000000
    group = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    blockemm-g = 1
    saveemm-unknown = 1
    saveemm-g = 1
    lb_weight = 101
    auprovid = 1F1F1F

How do I know that I am getting emm,s?
    Cheers

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!