Tutorial - Ubuntu Server 11.10, 12.xx, 13.04 x32/x64 - Auto Oscam/CCcam 2.1.3 Install

There are 398 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 150,900 times. The last Post () by master G.

Hi when I run sudo killall -9 oscam no process found comes up
    when I run ps x |grep -v grep |grep "oscam" and hit enter root@ubuntu:~# comes up what do I do after that

OK, now as mentioned above we have established that oscam is not running.. This can be any one of a dozen causes but before we go through them I want you tell the results of running

Code
    sudo oscam -b

As mckee25 asked above..

If you run that from terminal, you should either get nothing and the prompt goes onto the next line or an error..

If you get nothing, run this..

Code
    ps x |grep -v grep |grep "oscam"

It should tell you process found or nothing as before..

Report back

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Hi it comes up with oscam: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version "GLIBC_2.14" not found (required by oscam) root@ubuntu:~#

It looks like a dependency issue, you might have to build oscam yourself? Have you got Teamviewer?

If so, you can PM me your details and I will build it for you and try to find out what the problem is..
    If you want to do that, have everything ready to go, putty/WinSCP etc... I'm watching the Masters :)

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

just out of curiousity is the cpu intel or amd .the reason being i had this with a debian server and from what i could find out it was the way the amd cpu read some lines of code .but i dont no if this is true or not but i switched to
    a intel cpu and everything seems good now

I thought that too m8, but one of the first requirements mentioned at the start of the tut is a x64 Bit machine. I have tested this tut on amd too and as long as cpu is x64 capable, the the tut went ok, only tested on amd VM though... If that's the problem, we will be ok just switching the oscam binary to x32 Bit binary... which I can upload or you can get it from post #13 on this tut..

You will have to delete old oscam binary & ftp the new one with the same name (oscam) to the same location and chmod 755 it...

But scooby71, my teamviewer offer is good if before 9.30 GMT..

hello to all can someone help me install cccam on my vps plssssssss

You do it the exact same way that you install it locally..
    First purchase & setup your VPS (with ubuntu 12.04 or 12.10 x64 if you want to follow this tut).
    Then putty into your VPS and follow tut..

• hello there, this tutorial is really helpful and i managed to install my server with the help of you,
    i can access both oscam and cccam Webinfo from my browser... my problem is i want to connect my dm800 with oscam ubuntu server (my dm800 has a cdnl card+running cccam 2.1.3) i want oscam ubuntu server to show my dm800 card as local(i don't know if its possible or not) :)
    thanks guys for your help...its great keep it up :) :)

• this is an excellent tutorial mate :)! very nicely put! i have some experience in linux so hopefully i'll be able to ge thtis up and running! first tutorial i've seen that explains what card reader works with it :)

• hi mates,
    I have been using my smargo card reader for months now then all of a sudden it went off
    this is the information it gives me
    ERROR(no entitlements)
    3/05/2013 21:38:45 0 s check thread started
    3/05/2013 21:38:45 0 s **** [smartreader] creating thread for device 002:004
    3/05/2013 21:38:45 0 s loadbalancer: can't read from file /tmp/.oscam/stat
    3/05/2013 21:38:45 0 s waiting for local card init
    3/05/2013 21:38:45 9DBF010 r **** [smartreader] Using 0x82 as endpoint for smartreader hardware detection
    3/05/2013 21:38:45 9DBF010 r Found smartreader device 002:004
    3/05/2013 21:38:45 B7301CA8 h HTTP Server listening on port 8888
    3/05/2013 21:38:45 9DBF010 r **** [smartreader] Reader initialized (device=002:004, detect=cd, mhz=600, cardmhz=600)
    3/05/2013 21:38:46 9DBF010 r **** [smartreader] card detected
    3/05/2013 21:38:51 9DBF010 r **** [smartreader] Error activating card.
    3/05/2013 21:38:57 9DBF010 r **** [smartreader] Error activating card.
    3/05/2013 21:39:04 9DBF010 r **** [smartreader] Error activating card.
    3/05/2013 21:39:04 9DBF010 r **** [smartreader] card initializing error
    3/05/2013 21:39:05 0 s init for all local cards done

hi mates,
    I have been using my smargo card reader for months now then all of a sudden it went off

I had same problem with my smargo, It just died after a few months.
    I would recommend an Omnikey to anyone who asked.
    I purchased 2 of them for £9.99 each & I have never had a problem with them..

In the mean time you could use your dreambox or similar linux receiver as a cardreader for your server..

• thatfellow
    pls can u help me with a link or better still help out with a tutorial to do that
    i have a dm 500s clone,i want to use it as the card reader for the pc server running ubuntu 12.04 32 bits
    I have always admired ur posts cheers brov

thatfellow
    pls can u help me with a link or better still help out with a tutorial to do that
    i have a dm 500s clone,i want to use it as the card reader for the pc server running ubuntu 12.04 32 bits
    I have always admired ur posts cheers brov

Read post 4 in this thread:

http://linuxsat-support.com/os…der-my-new-pc-server.html

• from the reading of the tutorial this is what i figured out,u tried using ur Dm 500s to read the entire card and forward the entitlements to the pc server
    but in my case,the dm 500s is only acting as a replacement for the smargo and the oscam version that reads my card is not the mipsel version but the pc version
    so i cannot read entirelly the card in my dm but just to use it as a replacement for my smargo
    *i stand to be corrected*

from the reading of the tutorial this is what i figured out,u tried using ur Dm 500s to read the entire card and forward the entitlements to the pc server
    but in my case,the dm 500s is only acting as a replacement for the smargo and the oscam version that reads my card is not the mipsel version but the pc version
    so i cannot read entirelly the card in my dm but just to use it as a replacement for my smargo
    *i stand to be corrected*

No m8, for a while I used the DM500 purely as a card reader...

thatfellow
    pls i need a link to buy omnikey card reader

Sorry m8, I cant post links to another site..

Just google "Omnikey 3121 USB Reader ONLY £9.99"

• Hello Everyone,

I have just built my first PC server using this awesome TUT and automated script, many thanks to thatfellow.

The server is running and clearing channels but after the restart script runs during the night i check the OSCAM webif and it shows 3 or 4 clients rather than 1 as it does normally, the first client has a status of ok and the rest alll show a status of duplicate and have been idle since the restart at 04:00. If i manually reboot the server everything is ok, have i configured something wrong and how can i fix this?

here is my OSCAM log from the restart

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!