Zoostorm Desktop PC - £149

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,326 times. The last Post () by Banny.

• AMD A4-3300 2.5Ghz Dual Core CPU
    2GB Ram
    320GB HDD
    DVDRW
    AMD HD6410D Graphics
    NO OS

Thought this one might make a decent server

Code
    http://www.ebuyer.com/389623-zoostorm-desktop-pc-7873-1066

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• For a little more £20 - £50 you could get yourself a made up new one of the bay lol

Quad Core....4gb Ram 3ghz.....maybe have to compromise on HDD but Power vs Space!

Maybe worth a look!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Yeah on second look it aint brilliant basically they build it for free :/

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Im unemployed at the moment if anyone wants anything building lol :)

BpGgW.jpg

• Would 2GB ram not be very slow?

Nope, back in the day when sharing was good (no fakers) my 1st debian CCcam server was a pentium 3, 10gb HDD and 256mb ram, had hundreds of shares and ran just fine.
    Some peeps go way overboard with pc specs for their servers

• Glen, I found a good link last nite, will pm it you when I get back on my PC.

BpGgW.jpg

• Trying to keep it in the same thread, ive often seen the proliant servers offered with £100 cashback -

i was wondering how much better are these at the purpose of being a 'server', what exactly makes them better?

and is the a rough cut off point that a desktop pc acting as a server would out perform the proliant -

Code
    http://www.cclonline.com/product/70076/658553-421/Branded-Servers/HP-ProLiant-N40L-Ultra-Micro-Tower-Server/SRV0280/

BpGgW.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!