Oscam only

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,081 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• There are many functions in a server. This is a hobby, and when someone shares with me - I share with them without restrictions, so poses the question - In what situation would you find this information useful? As I understand, your server is your card and 17 clients, so why would you want to withhold services from your friends and family?

Maybe there might be some situation that in your context would be relevant to your question in a fair sense?

I do know the answer to your question, but there are lots of things I know the answer to where oscam is concerned, but I won't necessarily share the answer unless I feel that it is useful information and of some benefit (for the good of, and in the nature of the hobby).

There is an oscam wiki (down at the moment)
    http://streamboard.gmc.to/wiki/OSCam/en
    All what you might want to learn about oscam is there.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Muso I have 15 friends and family and 2 peers, inc me 3 cards, my ECM seems to be a lot higher with these peers and the ECM's i get from them are almost 3-4 times lower. So instead of sharing everything with them maybe i could drop one category to reduce ECM on my card

• You have pretty much nailed it on the head right there, you can specify specify which Caids to pass or not pass as the case maybe.

So you already had an idea of the answer and although there isn't a thread titled exactly for it, spending 5 - 10 mins reading the tutorials will give you the answer you are looking for.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• This VIP malarkey was meant to make you feel like a very important person, wonder what someone neutral would think when they read this thread.

• I had to do this but the opposite from what you want but it's just the same

In oscam click services tab
    You will be presented with
    Add new service
    type a channel name for eg (BBC1 HD)
    Next another window will open and you will be presented with

Caid 0963
    Provid 000000
    Srvid CA5A

The above is a example only once done hit save
    Now go to the user you don't want to share the service with :-(
    Ann scroll down the page until you see services
    The you will have 2 boxes BBC1HD !BBC1HD
    tick the box !BBC1HD
    THEN SAVE
    That now means the user won't get bbc1hd from you

I can understand the comments on the thread as a share is a share not partly share what you have

My reason for blocking a channel from a share (me receiving) from them as there server jumped in and then oscam realised my card had the channel local and swopped back causing a glitch :-(

• so what exactly would you be trying to block out? - if you are using Oscam as a server you can use oscam.services
    http://linuxsat-support.com/os…uk-sid-assign-reject.html

you just apply the services = flag to your entries in oscam.user

I still think it is strange that you have decided to share with people but now you want to restrict them to less services, but maybe that is just me. So the people who are not giving you anything in return (your freinds and family) still get your full services but your peers (who are sharing their cards and hops with you) are to be restricted??

Your ecms are lower with your peers because most of the people on your server will be watching sly uk, so will mostly be using your card rather than the peers. Maybe you could change the 'prefer local cards' flag in oscam.conf to 0 and read up in the oscam wiki about loadbalancing to see if you can do anything to share the load.

• thanks turner123 I was replying to this thread as you were - so didn't see your post - but i think between us we have answered the question! - and agreed the only reason that most of us would want to restrict shares is to stop sending fake positive ecms for services like boxnation and premier sports, for the benefit of peers - not to restrict them to less services, especially as when they agreed the share it would have been on the basis of the services one said one had.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!