Ideas and thoughts please

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,158 times. The last Post () by Lavatronics.

• I have a HD receiver in my bedroom, it's a SlyBox F3. It sits nicely in the fitted wardrobes but then I have to leave the door open in order to change the channels. Is there anything I can do to boost the signal from the remote to the receiver (i.e external equipment) that will enable me to use the receiver with the door closed. Someone mentioned a magic eye, but I wasn't sure if that would work, also the SlyBox F3 does not have an RF output and I am aware if I bought an external RF modulator i would lose the picture quality. Your thoughts ladies and gents please.

• You would only loose signal if used the rf input on the tv.

All your doing is increasing/bending the IR signal so you can get line of site with the box.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• 2.4ghz extender kits - uses scart leads ! cost approx 30-40 quid though !

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Sure are u not gonna watch the box in HD with the HDMI Cable? and use RF OUT 2, to control the box so u'l not picture quality

• Yep sure the IR extender will work, you basically have two IR eyes (the two things that look like little flying saucers is probably the best description!) which are both powered from the mains (mains adapters included), you sit one in front of the devices you want to control so it can relay the IR commands, it also comes with a small remote eye on a cable which you can plug in to the main device so this means you don't have to have the flying saucer directly in front of the device, it can be hidden more out of sight, you then have the second flying saucer sat where you like, in front of the TV, at the bedside, where ever you like but this is the bit you'll now be pointing your remote control to so just make sure it's somewhere in the room you have clear line of sight to the remote control.

The common use is from one room to another in a house, so say you have your main receiver downstairs in the living room and have the TV pictures sent upstairs to a bedroom, you'd use this so you can take the remote control to the bedroom and still control the device. As this uses wireless radio and is only for the remote control it makes these totally standalone devices so you won't need to worry about what receiver you have or RF outputs as it doesn't need these, it will need a mains socket though to plug in and power each IR eye (flying saucers).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!