CacheEX mode 3, cache only share

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 7,852 times. The last Post () by turner123.

• Been looking into cacheex mode 3 shares (cache only) and was given this info,
    I have tried the settings listed and it does work, but eats ram ;)
    ---

You need at least Oscam 1.20 compiled with cacheex enabled.

I always use mode 3 cacheEx since that simply gives the best results.

You need to adjust some settings in oscam:

CONFIG:
    extra delay: 500
    client timeout: 6000 < IMPORTANT
    fallback timeout: 1600
    cache delay: 10 < IMPORTANT
    client max idle: 120
    global sleep: 0
    suppress cms08: NO
    reader restart seconds: 5
    drop duplicate users: NO
    max cache time: 8 < IMPORTANT
    max cache count: 2500
    ecm doublecheck: NO
    cacheex wait time: 50
    cacheex write statistic: OFF < IF YOU PUT THIS ON, CPU WILL GET A HARD TIME.. ONLY SET TO ON IF YOU WANT TO DEBUG !

Then restart Oscam and add users/readers this way for cccam protocol:

USER:
    group: 1 or 2 or 3... (do not leave blank !!!)
    cacheex mode: 3 (reverse cache push)
    cacheex max hops: 10
    Anticascading numusers: 0
    ccc maxhops: -1
    ccc reshare: 3
    ccc ignore reshare: 1 use reshare level of reader or user
    ccc stealt: enable: use oscam <> cccam protocol
    keepalive: ON

READER:
    group: 1 (or all groups you are using) > so can aso be 1,2,3,4,5 etc > remember that the group you use in the user settings must be also the same here ! so if in user group = 10 then reader must have at least group 10 !
    load balance: 100
    caid: < LEAVE EMPTY !
    drop cw's with wrong checksum: NO
    cacheex mode: 3 (reverse cache push)
    au disabled: yes
    cache ex maxhop: 10
    inactivity timeout: 30
    reconnect timeout: 2
    request timeout: 0
    version: 2.3.0
    maxhop: 0 < these settings are needed this way, otherwise your other clients might see the cache as cards !
    mindown: 15 < these settings are needed this way, otherwise your other clients might see the cache as cards !
    reshare: 3
    want emu: NO
    keep alive: NO

Note that if you check the status of the reader, it will say: NEEDINIT (0 of 0 card); thats normal. Behind the cacheEx-tab you will see if the cacheEx works.

UPDATE
    After more digging and doing some tests, It's best not to have the reader and user in the same group for mode 3 (it maybe ok for mode 1 and 2 but i have not tested them)
    mode 3 will push all cache to all other mode 3 peers, so if all in one group you get a loop.

something like oscam 1 pushes all it's cache to oscam 2, them oscam 2 will push all that cache to all other mode 3 cacheex in the same group including back to oscam 1 so you get a loop.
    so it looks like it works best like this

User Group 1 - Reader Group 2,3,4, 5,6,7
    User Group 2 - Reader Group 1,3,4, 5,6,7
    User Group 3 - Reader Group 1,2,4, 5,6,7
    User Group 4 - Reader Group 1,2,3, 5,6,7

that way you still push all the cache to other cacheex mode 3 peers but not back to the original oscam that you got the cache from so breaking the loop

• [QUOTE
    Note that if you check the status of the reader, it will say: NEEDINIT (0 of 0 card); thats normal. Behind the cacheEx-tab you will see if the cacheEx works.[/QUOTE]

thats were i went wrong i though it wasnt connected properly when i tried it cause said needinit, i did it from a dual bood but said connected on dual boot but needinit on main server side

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!