Firmware OPENBOX S9/S10/HDTVS2-500v8/HDTVS2-800v8 Original & Clones 01/08/2012 Beta

There are 35 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 19,671 times. The last Post () by jacecko.

• I was blaming s12 firmware for the kill but it must have been this.
    The only firmware I can run now is clone safe on my s10.
    If you pop the tuner out the receiver boots with old firmware,but kicks into clone detection.

• the original thread title mentions hdtv500s2v8 and hdtv800s2v8,yet I can't find any info on the net about those receivers except in threads about this firmware.
    * it's all in the name and how it's typed in.
    They actually meant hdtv v8 800s2 hd,which was an old s9 type receiver.

• the original thread title mentions hdtv500s2v8 and hdtv800s2v8,yet I can't find any info on the net about those receivers except in threads about this firmware.
    * it's all in the name and how it's typed in.
    They actually meant hdtv v8 800s2 hd,which was an old s9 type receiver.

h**p://www.satstation.co.uk/forum/f88-hdtv-v8-800s2-hdtv-v8-500hd-setup-how-guides/

• Because of this firmware .....my Openbox is messed up! I cant put a different firmware on it. Why did the Admin allowed this firmware upload.
    It sucks.

• Official Post

Because of this firmware .....my Openbox is messed up! I cant put a different firmware on it. Why did the Admin allowed this firmware upload.
    It sucks.

If you had read the thread you would have noticed this is a beta version.

I dont recommend this firmware.

Many people brick the box by updating tp list.

Use it at your own risk, but you are warned.

• Yeah but even if it's a beta version.
    Why do you allow such kind of uploads.. with a risk?

Even if it's says use it at your own risk. it's not a nice service.
    If you can't guarantee good firmware, then don't allow it to spread this kind of firmware on this forum.

My openbox is all messed up.
    This firmware make a not clone Openbox a clone Openbox.
    And i can't put other firmware on it. Only the anonymousx one.

• actually,a not clone openbox to an unknown box.
    same symptoms -- as loading old solomend firmware on an s10.
    It fails the hardware detect but not the clone detect.
    Your original id is still intact,if you load clone safe firmware and look at the id.
    I load garbage to my s10 every day,this is the first firmware that screwed up the prot ic.

• which actually worked out for the best,since I disabled my prot ic I can run manhattan rs 1933 firmware and opticum hd x100 and the maldives file that was hacked to change the mac id.All those previously wouldn't work on a genuine s10.I put in the s10 remote table so I can use the s10 remote.

• Same here. I had problem with my s10 and I think this firmware has wrecked it completely. If I load official firmware I get -- on screen, then when I load anonymous and press menu I bet ''busy'' and nothing else. I have tried everything. Ordered new box.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!