Amiko Alien 2 spark rescue image with instructions

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 11,911 times. The last Post () by stevejo.

• I am interested in purchasing an Amiko Alien 2, can someone advise if these are any good. They look fantastic, and are E2 compatible, I'm not familiar with it's own Spark system but any help would be appreciated.

• I have just got one and thru my own fault got it stuck in boot dont know how to get it sorted looked about but no luck so looks like a door stop till more support brings files out that you can put straight onto usb and force boot. maybe a good box in the right hands lol.

• I loaded latest spark ok and when messing i hit the enigma 2 which isnt even loaded on stb it was to late to do anything now stuck in boot which if enigma 2 was on the box would boot up ok need software to try load a bootfile or anything to sort it.

• Official Post

I loaded latest spark ok and when messing i hit the enigma 2 which isnt even loaded on stb it was to late to do anything now stuck in boot which if enigma 2 was on the box would boot up ok need software to try load a bootfile or anything to sort it.

Did you try to reflash the latest spark firmware again to see if will boot ?

• Hi guys for those who manage to get thier Amiko Alien 2 stuck in "BOOT" Follow these steps and you should be up and running again within 10 Minutes.

First you need the rescue image as previously posted.

Then you need a "KINGSTON" USB Pen Drive, I say "KINGSTON" because I have tried many others and they simply didn't work including HP, RiDisc, PEAK, Samsung and Sony, (although somebody told me they used an ASDA 1GB and that worked fine).

Now another important factor is when using the rescue image, you must use the rear USB port, not the front.

CREATE a folder on your desktop and call it "Spark Rescue", inside that folder create another folder called "spark" (small caps)

UNZIP the spark rescue image and place the "mImage" and the "userfsub" files into the "spark" folder.

FORMAT your USB Pen Drive in FAT32, DO NOT choose the quick format as it will not work

TRANSFER the "spark" folder onto the USB Pen Drive

SWITCH off the receiver at the rear and insert the USB Pen Drive

PRESS and HOLD the OK key at the front of the receiver and switch it back on at the rear

FORC will appear on the display after a couple of seconds

PRESS the RIGHT key FACT should appear on the display

PRESS OK key

YOU should now see U LD flashing on the display

WAIT a good 10 Minutes for the receiver to be back to original factory state (some information on the internet claims that the restore process takes about five minutes, I left mine a bit longer and it worked, so be patient)

If you get different messages then something is wrong with the USB you are using, start again.

Hope this is helpful

• Hi I tried the above as i was stuck on boot after using spark rescue, i tried force spark but still stuck on boot, then i tried to install spark image but now on led says T TO ?
    Hope you can help, Thanx.

• do what ben361 said in earlyer thread it worked for me started up in spark. once you start up in spark do spark online update. i allso get T TO when i try to add enigma2 i have tryed 3 usb pens and formated in stb still no joy.

• I have tried using the recovery image but when press ok and switch on the box I don't get any options like before it just stays as boot. Any ideas anyone?

• try to format your usb stick with Partition Magic or another format program.
    Windows tool is not the best and try it again.

hello ben thanks for you reply about my alien 2 being stuck on boot. i have formatted the pen drive with another alien box but when i turn on the box while pressing the ok button i dont get any options to select boot or see forc on the screen it just stays on boot. do you go on ***pe or anything? might be easier to explain.

• yesterday my friend call for me,he have the same problem- he hold OK, power on, but in display was only BOOT,like he didnt hold OK button.
    today i tried install enigma2 with usb and plugin E2upgrade, after message ""instaling sucsess", in menu section tried go to e2. waited about 10 min, but nothing hapen,only BOOT, after i power off-on receiver (hold OK button when power on), happen like with my friend, only BOOT (like button OK not active)
    any ideas ?
    thanks

• yesterday my friend call for me,he have the same problem- he hold OK, power on, but in display was only BOOT,like he didnt hold OK button.
    today i tried install enigma2 with usb and plugin E2upgrade, after message ""instaling sucsess", in menu section tried go to e2. waited about 10 min, but nothing hapen,only BOOT, after i power off-on receiver (hold OK button when power on), happen like with my friend, only BOOT (like button OK not active)
    any ideas ?
    thanks

Hi,

I had the same issue and found this link on Youtube:
    Amiko Alien 2 stuck at boot up - YouTube

See the posts below the video! You need a null modem cable and putty!

Worked for me!! Try it and let me know!

• Please be VERY careful when trying the above because the information is slightly wrong, this problem only tends to occur when you have tried loading or booting to E2 without the correct u-boot update and there is only one version of Spark that also includes a u-boot update, so try the above by all means but you MUST make sure you go for Spark 1.2.52 E2 Update, if you don't you will have problems with E2 and booting methods.

I personally would advise our own customers to please never try this yourselves unless you are 100% sure you know what you are doing, we'd much rather you contact us and let us do the job for you. If you purchased elsewhere then best to check with your supplier as their terms maybe different.

• Ben you may not have saved my life but you certainly saved the life of the Alien 2 ;)

I was about to throw it through a window!

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!