Can I Manually Put In Clines

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,296 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi guys today i recieved my vu+ uno,i have managed to sort out my motor got all the sats located and even installed cccam and mgcamd.

But now iam stuck ,as my previous box was a spider i entered the clines and nlines manually can this be done the same way with the vu.If so how?

Or do i have to ftp it.

Done quite a bit of reading about ftp but still completely at a loss how to do it?

Anyone point me in the right direction please?

My system came installed with the blackhole image.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

• Best way is to install DCC on Pc and connect to box using that!

http://linuxsat-support.com/wi…enter-latest-version.html

Assuming Vu and Pc are on same network do a search and it should pickup your Vu

You can then access your box that way and add the lines in that you require!

When connected select ftp on the tab to the left and you will see an explorer like UI - Box/Vu on left - Pc on right - select location on left (box) and location of file on right (pc) and copy over!

Use something like Notepad ++ to edit/change lines and makes sure there saved as .cfg or .list

When using Mgcamd use newcamd.list and that goes in usr/keys

for Cccam use Cccam.cfg and that goes in /etc (i think someone correct if wrong)

Activate the Cam you require using softcam manager in BH of Vu and they should connect!

That's the easiest way to do it mate! Simples!

:mrgmx:

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• It is so easy, but I understand if you are not used to it the concept can be daunting. Your receiver has some good things going for it. It connects to your network, it has an IP address, and you can connect to it with your PC. If you know the IP address, the username and password (ip address can be fixed in your network settings, and to start with, your username is root and there is no password) - then any ftp client (i use winSCP or filezilla) can log on to the receiver. Then your CCcam.cfg file can be found in /etc (usually - dependent on image) - and you add the lines here.

The idea of it all is to get your own card and to share it with others - so it becomes impractical to use the remote control to keep things working, as you would be working with flines and clines - to get the benefits you should be server and client - if you are a client only you are probably paying for your lines or getting a 'friends and family' share - better to put in what you are getting out - and read a bit more!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Its a payserver that i previously used on my spiderbox which died last week.

I think i might know what the problem could be when i installed the CCccam.cfg i noticed there was also a CCcam.cfg file next to it i deleted it thinking it was not needed.Could this be the problem?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!