entitlements help

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 849 times. The last Post () by mrgmx.

• thanks to all the help and one more step sorted today

as we all thought my smargo was playing up, i order a onimkey

we sorted out my smargo and the onimkey turned up today

both seem ok in oscam with 2 *** cards....

now one card is a old *** card (white) the other is a freesat card from ***, as my main sub is at home and away to test it.

My questions are:

in oscam, the freesat shows CARDOK (9 entitlements) and the old one shows CARDOK (8 entitlements) , any reason???

also how do i set up the server to update its entitlements each month, without having to pull cards? i have a et9200 set up on the network and both cards read ok in there.

• Your Entitlements are your packages so presume freesat has one more package then sly?

There are loads of topics covering updating entitlements mate.......just got to type OSCAM ENTITLEMENTS in the search bar!

here are some that should get you sorted!

http://linuxsat-support.com/os…oscam-configurations.html

http://linuxsat-support.com/li…/15794-updating-card.html

http://linuxsat-support.com/li…2-1-3-omnikey-reader.html

http://linuxsat-support.com/vi…ent-settings-section.html

All these cover what settings e.t.c you need to configure for it to update!

I don't think there is an actual way of telling until the card up dates though so to speak? You should receive EMM's though for the card reader in Oscam Webif though which should be indication that its receiving something! Your card should update within 4/6 weeks of being due?

May be a trial and error scenario so you will need to keep an eye on it!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• cheers for the posts, i did a search for entitlements, not oscam lol,
    ok well the cards update ok in my box as had the cards for 3 months

yeah werid for the extra one, as there is only a few channels more you get on freesat then a old card, but its good for me to learn before i share other cards, my sub shares ok to my gf and her bro, as per starting post here.

i`ll read the post, thanks

• don't quote me on it but if you used Oscam to update on box and it did that ok! the settings should be similar so look there first and compare with settings in the post!

Im sure if you leave on i think pick tv or something like that you should see EMMS written/received by card.....this should indicate that your card will update!

lssdalogo.png

• didnt use oscam mate in box, both cards where just in there and updated

ok on pick tv, but seems is free to air? nothing showing on oscam that is picking up anything

• No it wont mate....leave it on that channel over night....daily....at some point you will see EMMs being written to card in the Readers section of Oscam!

Ok then you may have to configure the settings for Oscam then inline with the posts above!

Just a case trial and error and waiting till they update.....but they should do if you follow the configs that have been proven to work!

lssdalogo.png

• You wont see it on log,

Go to readers section of OscamWebif

5th column along will show EMMS written

lssdalogo.png

• where do i see in log that emms are written?

You can log emm' if you want with these settings in [reader]

saveemm-unknown = 1
    saveemm-u = 1
    saveemm-s = 1
    saveemm-g = 1

When you receive them, oscam will create a file in the same location with the config files.

• yep see it being written, but got a month before they end, so will check then, thanks again

• Another Issue sorted...Thread Closed!

Good Stuff!

lssdalogo.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!